PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I am at a hair crossroads. Decision time ! (with pics)

UltraBella
September 8th, 2013, 11:11 PM
UPDATE : results on post #56.

I have an appointment with my stylist on Tuesday morning. I've been waiting for this appointment for 6 weeks now and during that time I have flip flopped tremendously on what I want.

Background :
Some of you may remember that I cut from TBL to BSL to APL. In Feb I cut it again to a collar bone length inverted bob with eyebrow length bangs. The shortest part in the very back was only three inches long. I LOVED it !!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/d5e9c098a7b028f13cbdd4e0348bbbeb_zpsa940488c.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/d5e9c098a7b028f13cbdd4e0348bbbeb_zpsa940488c.jpg.h tml)

>>>>>> It grew really fast though and in May I had it trimmed to even up the lengths :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/C91B0627-F01A-4A0E-912A-08F5D3C803E5-3908-000001DD3D7A9297_zpsda80a007.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/C91B0627-F01A-4A0E-912A-08F5D3C803E5-3908-000001DD3D7A9297_zpsda80a007.jpg.html)

When I made this appointment I was ready to do the inverted bob again but even shorter in the back than last time. BUT, it's grown so much in the time I had to wait that now I'm not sure I want to. My bangs have grown out. Also, I can put it in a bun on top of my head again and that's the one thing I really missed. I'm completely torn. I've bounced back & forth at least 10 times on what my final decision is. Leave it longer so I can bun it. Cut it shorter because it felt so stylish and fun. Then I remind myself how quickly it grew out. I WANT BOTH and that's obviously impossible.

Here's what I've got now :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/4995aa80-6c4a-401c-b9b0-e06967138484_zpsee94c107.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/4995aa80-6c4a-401c-b9b0-e06967138484_zpsee94c107.jpg.html)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/8B597B8A-C39E-4F38-8A0A-E52F192148B7-27283-00000F212E9A4912_zpsd6851b80.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/8B597B8A-C39E-4F38-8A0A-E52F192148B7-27283-00000F212E9A4912_zpsd6851b80.jpg.html)
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/ba9e2f45fddb1740c70dca79dfd43bb4_zpsd8a71307.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/ba9e2f45fddb1740c70dca79dfd43bb4_zpsd8a71307.jpg.h tml)

Anyone else struggle with this ? Wanting two very different hairstyles and not knowing which to choose ? It's driving me nuts and I've got to figure it out ASAP. Tuesday morning is rapidly approaching. To top it all off, I've been really bored with my natural color as well.
:justy::justy:

Bonus photo of my old dog Dollar and I. She's a good girl.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/3795e7c7-ec0b-4147-b0a3-7f2711e70787_zps1855eb7a.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/3795e7c7-ec0b-4147-b0a3-7f2711e70787_zps1855eb7a.jpg.html)

Sharysa
September 8th, 2013, 11:24 PM
I say let it grow out, if you've missed doing buns so much.

Those layers look REALLY fabulous for both short and long hair, so you could definitely keep the sides and layers without having to constantly chop your hair every few months.

UltraBella
September 8th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I think for me, putting my hair in a bun is just a way to ignore it instead of enjoy it. I wore a bun all the time for years. As much as I missed it, I think it's a habit I need to break. It's a love/hate relationship.

I really enjoyed having less hair to care for & style - especially in the back. I also really like putting my hair up without all the short bits falling out. I'm not sure which to chose.

ETA : When I refer to growing it out instead of choosing the inverted bob - what I'm thinking of is not much longer than what I've got now, but with my layers reworked. They're still a bit odd from the angled cut.
I don't ever want long hair again like I had before. I don't enjoy the heaviness & it felt really warm on my neck & back.

Kaelee
September 8th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I want both a pixie cut AND long hair. I picked long because it takes way longer to grow it out than it does to cut it off. :laugh:

UltraBella
September 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I want both a pixie cut AND long hair. I picked long because it takes way longer to grow it out than it does to cut it off. :laugh:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one !

Quixii
September 9th, 2013, 12:05 AM
You know you look lovely with any length of hair. :) I struggle to give advice to you because my personal preference is for long hair, and though I'm curious about short hair, I still love my long hair. I also love the variety of things I can do to put it up. But I remember you didn't enjoy your long hair, and your hair does grow fast. I think if I were you I'd get it cut short again. It grows so fast, and then you'll be back to the length where you can put it in a bun again in no time!

CurlyCap
September 9th, 2013, 12:37 AM
I always think about your head of hair differently.

Your hair grows SO fast, that you are free to experiment. I say cut it short this time, and if you really find yourself missing the bunning, you have your answer. By Christmas, your hair will be back to where it is now and you can start to retain length again.

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 12:52 AM
I always think about your head of hair differently.

Your hair grows SO fast, that you are free to experiment. I say cut it short this time, and if you really find yourself missing the bunning, you have your answer. By Christmas, your hair will be back to where it is now and you can start to retain length again.

I just realized that the only thing I didn't trim in between is my bangs. If I measure the distance between my eyebrows to the very tip of my chin (bang length now) I'll know EXACTLY how much my hair grew between mid Feb and now ! But everyone is asleep but me so it will have to wait until morning.

This photo was taken Feb 22nd :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/ffb09b04-2d33-4913-ab3b-40f5939a16c9_zps3b1acfca.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/ffb09b04-2d33-4913-ab3b-40f5939a16c9_zps3b1acfca.jpg.html)

AnqeIicDemise
September 9th, 2013, 01:07 AM
I just realized that the only thing I didn't trim in between is my bangs. If I measure the distance between my eyebrows to the very tip of my chin (bang length now) I'll know EXACTLY how much my hair grew between mid Feb and now ! But everyone is asleep but me so it will have to wait until morning.

This photo was taken Feb 22nd :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/ffb09b04-2d33-4913-ab3b-40f5939a16c9_zps3b1acfca.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/ffb09b04-2d33-4913-ab3b-40f5939a16c9_zps3b1acfca.jpg.html)

You got the type of hair that you can do anything you want with it as often as you want *because* it grows so fast.

I'm not as adventurous as I was ten years ago so I don't dye my hair anymore. My hair, like yours, grows out super fast too and doing an all over color is a nightmare. -.- I think that's why I adore balayage. I can do something fun without worrying about grow out so much. My dip dye is almost gone already from the frequent trimming I've done this year and I'm officially at TBL right now.

I for one, adore it but sometimes when I'm torn I remember my hair grows super fast and it really doesn't matter. The only issue is I hate dealing with layers although they look so good!

Mesmerise
September 9th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Well... given that your hair seems to grow super duper fast, why not go back to fun and short?? It will only be a few months before you can bun it again if you really truly want to bun it!

Flor
September 9th, 2013, 01:59 AM
If it was me, I'd go for longer style now. See how I feel. And then if still wanting shorter hair, go for another cut in a month or so. You can still cut it shorter if you want, but it will take another 6 months to grow it to the length you have now.

It sounds to me that you want to enjoy your hair being longer for a while more but you resolved to thinking that it's less fun like that? ;)

browneyedsusan
September 9th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Pixies are GREAT! I loved various pixies for a long time because:
--You can roll out of bed, dampen it with wet hands, and you're out the door.
--Every woman you know will "ooh and ahh" over it and say that they could NEVER go that short! hahaha!
--You will turn heads, because few women are willing to go that short, and even fewer look good in it.
--You can't damage it: Color and heat style the bejabbers out of it, because any damage will be cut off almost immediately.
--It NEVER tangles. Ever. Windows down, Baby!

Drawbacks:
--You're stuck with very few styles, so if you enjoy the variety of updos, half-ups, braids..., you get from long hair, it's not for you.
--Maintenance- trims every 1/2" or 3/4" of growth, you do the math. (Also, coloring and highlights grow out and get cut off quickly)
--Maintenance is expensive.
--Growing back out can be painful--Read the forums!

You can't mess it up. You'll look great no matter what you choose, and you can make any choice work out to your advantage. ;)

kganihanova
September 9th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Maybe mid length hair is your calling? Some people just don't like long hair. Oh and by mid length I mean shoulder to apl.

Kherome
September 9th, 2013, 05:44 AM
But I remember you didn't enjoy your long hair, and your hair does grow fast. I think if I were you I'd get it cut short again. It grows so fast, and then you'll be back to the length where you can put it in a bun again in no time!

I agree with Quixii

jacqueline101
September 9th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Id pick the same thing maybe some fun highlights.

GrowingGlory
September 9th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Does your hair grow as quickly in cooler weather? I would have the layers shaped differently but let it grow until Spring. You might get bored with your shorter style and feel stuck with it if you cut it short again so soon.

spidermom
September 9th, 2013, 06:49 AM
If you're still enjoying bunning it and whatnot, wear it longer for awhile. You can always go short again when you're tired of it.

Nellon
September 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Go for the bob! Sounds like fun! Then grow it out! Problem solved! ;)

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 07:30 AM
If it was me, I'd go for longer style now. See how I feel. And then if still wanting shorter hair, go for another cut in a month or so. You can still cut it shorter if you want, but it will take another 6 months to grow it to the length you have now.

It sounds to me that you want to enjoy your hair being longer for a while more but you resolved to thinking that it's less fun like that? ;)

Yes. Now that I can bun it again, that's what I keep doing and it's just out of sheer laziness really. I don't take the time to do much else to it. Maybe I should. When it was shorter I had to put a little bit more effort into it, and the payoff was that I felt more stylish & put together overall. It was still easy, lol, I think I'm just not very ambitious when it comes to getting ready in the mornings :)

Pixies are GREAT!

You can't mess it up. You'll look great no matter what you choose, and you can make any choice work out to your advantage. ;)

Lol, hold on !! A pixie is never happening on this head of mine !
My hair is not pixie friendly, neither is my face. I do love a good pixie cut on some women though, it can be so striking.

Does your hair grow as quickly in cooler weather? I would have the layers shaped differently but let it grow until Spring. You might get bored with your shorter style and feel stuck with it if you cut it short again so soon.

Yes, my hair grows quite fast all the time.

I think what I'm hung up on is this : I know it didn't take me that long to grow it back out, but the wait until I could bun it again seemed like it took FOREVER. During the day I really loved the cut, at night I wanted to put all my hair in a bun and get it off my neck & I couldn't. I really do want both, I'm not sure which I want more.

Deekers
September 9th, 2013, 07:41 AM
If it were me, I would keep it long and trim it up a bit to a length that isn't too long for you but that you can still bun. You can still style it and make it look nice and wear it down (try different things daily, all down, half up, all up in a bun), and you then you can bun it when you get home at night too. I wouldn't change the color because it already looks good the way it is and then you don't need to worry about maintaining a color.

On the other hand, you sound like someone who loves the feeling of a new shorter haircut because it feels fresh and fun, so you can't go wrong with trying the shorter cut, you'll probably have fun with it for a while.

Isilme
September 9th, 2013, 08:04 AM
I really don't like the first picture, sorry. All the other lengths look gorgeous on you (except the bangs, but I hate bangs on everyone;)) If you hair grows that fast try a really short cut! Or, go with a wild colour and just a trim and then go short if you want. You look good in almost everything.

spidermom
September 9th, 2013, 10:05 AM
I forgot to add after "wear it longer for awhile" that you could make your next appointment for 6-8 weeks following this coming appointment and get it cut short then if the style is still calling you.

chen bao jun
September 9th, 2013, 10:39 AM
As a person whose hair also grows fast (though in my case since I'm much more curly, it doesn't SHOW like your growth does), I'd say to remember that no matter how fast it is, it still seems very slow when you WANT it to grow.
My rule is, when in doubt do nothing and then it will become plain. If you cut it too short for a bun and then you do want a bun, you will have (even if they are a few) MONTHS of aggravation when its all over the place (in eyes, itching neck and so forth) and can't be put up and doesn't seem to be growing at all, even though it is. Thick hair that is all over the place is especially hot and annoying (I also have thick hair, though its slightly thinner than yours from what I remember).
I think you are pretty in bangs by the way.

lapushka
September 9th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Well, since you've already made the appointment, it's kinda silly to bring it up since you are going for a cut in any case. It's just how much are you willing to trim off? If you're going for that scheduled trim, I doubt you'd still be able to bun it. Or, are you willing to cancel the appointment? ;)

gus
September 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Wow, your hair is *gorgeous* I'd say take a couple deep breaths, go to your appointment, and see what you feel like doing once you're in the chair. Maybe your stylist will have some good ideas, too. But remember, your hair is so pretty that whatever style you decide to go for will look great!

jel
September 9th, 2013, 11:09 AM
I don't know what it was/is in the back, but in the front it doesn't look much longer (as you have had it trimmed) - except for the fringe. Maybe you should cut the fringe shorter again, or in a fun shape, whilst keeping the length? You seem to be someone who doesn't like to repeat hairstyles, even when they looked good (and they always do on you).

browneyedsusan
September 9th, 2013, 11:37 AM
lol! You could totally pull it off! ;)
Oh yes, you could! :D

Calaelen
September 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Maybe consider what you like to do with your hair in cooler months? Do you like the hair on your neck during winter, and the ability to bun if you wish? Personally, me living in a place with extreme winter, would consider that, and choose longer through winter short through summer. Is that something that could help you decide?

My personal aesthetic gauge says the first example was too layered, any pic of you I have seen is beautiful, but that style is the one I like least of all the pics you've shared, so it is really hard for me to say "go back to that"..lol. I think the bangs, the level of wave/curl and the very layered cut is very 90s, and that is my aversion to it, just to explain.

Are you considering a colour change at this appt? maybe go with that to change things up a bit, and wait until you're more clear on what you want from the cut?

ETA: I really love how your hair was falling in the second example, and that was my fav of the pics you showed, so maybe trim back to that if you really want a trim? And go for some colour to really change it up?

Just some thoughts.

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Well, since you've already made the appointment, it's kinda silly to bring it up since you are going for a cut in any case. It's just how much are you willing to trim off? If you're going for that scheduled trim, I doubt you'd still be able to bun it. Or, are you willing to cancel the appointment? ;)

I'm doing SOMETHING to it tomorrow, I'm just not sure what yet ! Why is it silly to bring it up ? This is a a great place to talk it through with others :)

I don't know what it was/is in the back, but in the front it doesn't look much longer (as you have had it trimmed) - except for the fringe. Maybe you should cut the fringe shorter again, or in a fun shape, whilst keeping the length? You seem to be someone who doesn't like to repeat hairstyles, even when they looked good (and they always do on you).

The hair on the back of my neck - the shortest area - was only three inches long. That's what I love about an inverted bob so much - you can have lots of hair in the front and yet my shoulders and neck weren't so warm. Now the length is - well, I'm not exactly sure how long it is but you can see it in my side profile picture. It's grown it a lot, which is why I trimmed in May to even up the front with the longer back.

TO EVERYONE, thanks. I appreciate the feedback and being able to think all the different options through.

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 01:55 PM

I'm doing SOMETHING to it tomorrow, I'm just not sure what yet ! Why is it silly to bring it up ? This is a a great place to talk it through with others :)

The hair on the back of my neck - the shortest area - was only three inches long. That's what I love about an inverted bob so much - you can have lots of hair in the front and yet my shoulders and neck weren't so warm. Now the length is - well, I'm not exactly sure how long it is but you can see it in my side profile picture. It's grown it a lot, which is why I trimmed in May to even up the front with the longer back.

TO EVERYONE, thanks. I appreciate the feedback and being able to think all the different options through.

Fairlight63
September 9th, 2013, 02:10 PM
Your hair is really beautiful at any length that you have! But, I prefer you without the short bangs or fringe, I like the side swept bangs better on you. Length wise - I think that your hair looks good shoulder length with layers. So, maybe just basically keep it the way that it is now but get it evened up, that way you can still put it up if you want to, you can do more things with it. Short there is only 1 way to wear it - short.

And it is not silly to ask for our opinion!

oddelabop
September 9th, 2013, 02:18 PM
I would also say, let it grow out for a while. You can always change this at a later date but you cant undo a big chop! Also, I wouldn't make a decision on the colour of your hair at such indecision!!

P.s You are beautiful!

lapushka
September 9th, 2013, 02:49 PM

I probably mistakenly thought you had set your mind to trimming it short in any case, so I didn't see the point. I'm guessing we can't talk you out of it. :D

Xan
September 9th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I would say grow it out longer but then again I may be bias. Your hair looks lovely by the way.

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Maybe consider what you like to do with your hair in cooler months? Do you like the hair on your neck during winter, and the ability to bun if you wish? Personally, me living in a place with extreme winter, would consider that, and choose longer through winter short through summer. Is that something that could help you decide?

My personal aesthetic gauge says the first example was too layered, any pic of you I have seen is beautiful, but that style is the one I like least of all the pics you've shared, so it is really hard for me to say "go back to that"..lol. I think the bangs, the level of wave/curl and the very layered cut is very 90s, and that is my aversion to it, just to explain.

Are you considering a colour change at this appt? maybe go with that to change things up a bit, and wait until you're more clear on what you want from the cut?

ETA: I really love how your hair was falling in the second example, and that was my fav of the pics you showed, so maybe trim back to that if you really want a trim? And go for some colour to really change it up?

Just some thoughts.

This is a really good example of how styling makes such a difference.

You don't like the first photo but do like the second. In reality, the difference between the two is simply the way I had it curled and that my bangs are a bit longer. The length difference in front is maybe only an inch longer in the second photo, it's just not curled. The back had grown out so much that I had my length and layers trimmed to match. My stylist then used a blow dryer with a round brush. I could have curled it and had the layers look just like the first photo, but with an even hem line in back.

I wear a lot of scarves in the cooler months, I'm not sure which style would work best with that. Yes, I am considering highlights or lowlights but nothing extreme :)

nakima
September 9th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I really like the second picture, to me its very flattering and it fits your face. btw what is your skin care routine? your skin is flawless!!! you look to be the type that can get away with any style, so no matter what you decide it wont be wrong.Go with your gut :)

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM
I really like the second picture, to me its very flattering and it fits your face. btw what is your skin care routine? your skin is flawless!!! you look to be the type that can get away with any style, so no matter what you decide it wont be wrong.Go with your gut :)

Oh my goodness, thank you. I used to have cystic acne, so that means a lot to me. My routine is so simple. I wash my face with Purpose cleanser every night and then apply jojoba oil to my damp face. The end.

Once I quit using so much stuff on my face, it's never been happier. In the mornings I use a damp cotton pad to lightly wipe my face down before I apply my Lorac 30 SPF tinted moisturizer.

lunalocks
September 9th, 2013, 04:28 PM
I would say grow it longer over the Winter, and clip short when it is Summer again. And do your highlights, low lights in the meantime for a variety.

You are in the enviable position of looking GREAT whatever you do and with hair that grows thick and fast.

PamelaViktoria
September 9th, 2013, 05:37 PM
I love everyone of those styles on you! No wonder you don't know what to do.

Quixii
September 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I'll also add that while LHC is great for giving you lots of people's opinions, most of us are growing out their hair, so I bet you'll see a strong bias for growing it out. ;D

Mainesongbird
September 9th, 2013, 06:44 PM
I don't have an answer for you, or a recommendation, I just thought I should tell you, that at all the lengths in the pics, your hair is super pretty!

Artisticat
September 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Whatever you decide - I'm sure it will look great!
Oh and please bottle whatever makes your hair grow so darn fast!!!!

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Whatever you decide - I'm sure it will look great!
Oh and please bottle whatever makes your hair grow so darn fast!!!!

It's hereditary :) My mom is 72 and her hair still grows really fast. Now if I only would have gotten her big fat curls too, I'd be in hair heaven !

teela1978
September 9th, 2013, 10:42 PM
To be honest, the shorter hair on you always kinda looked like "Mom" hair to me. Not necessarially a bad thing, you are a mom, but I find it aging and not as nice as the longer version.

Leeloo
September 9th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I think for me, putting my hair in a bun is just a way to ignore it instead of enjoy it. I wore a bun all the time for years. As much as I missed it, I think it's a habit I need to break. It's a love/hate relationship.

I really enjoyed having less hair to care for & style - especially in the back. I also really like putting my hair up without all the short bits falling out. I'm not sure which to chose.

ETA : When I refer to growing it out instead of choosing the inverted bob - what I'm thinking of is not much longer than what I've got now, but with my layers reworked. They're still a bit odd from the angled cut.
I don't ever want long hair again like I had before. I don't enjoy the heaviness & it felt really warm on my neck & back.

If you don't want long hair then getting the hair cut you want is what want. Or you could get a wig for one of the styles that you can't choose from.

Flor
September 9th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I'll keep checking it to find out what you decided in the end! ;)

UltraBella
September 10th, 2013, 12:12 AM
My appointment is in 8hrs and 48 minutes and I just don't know what I want.

I trust my stylist, I'm going to just tell her the reasons why I'm flip flopping & see what her suggestion is. Then I'll make a decision.

Merlin
September 10th, 2013, 12:43 AM
My appointment is in 8hrs and 48 minutes and I just don't know what I want.

For what my suggestion is worth, I'd say do one thing or the other - either leave it longer than shoulders or cut it short (as you say with the speed your hair grows it won't take long to grow out). That way you'll be able to feel you've made a major change and got a fresh look, or you'll have conciously decided to keep the length! I remember the bob cut you had and that did look great on you!

Carolyn
September 10th, 2013, 04:59 AM
I would say keep it longer and keep on thinking about it. I think it's always better to err on the side of longer hair. But then I think everyone looks better with longer hair. Why not get a very small trim and go until your next trim time? I would hate it if I couldn't put my hair up in some way. It's OK to do buns and ponytails. It's not being lazy at all. And I agree with the poster who said your first layered style looks very mom hair-ish. I'll also go out on a limb and add I think you look sooooooo much better without bangs. You have such a pretty face. Why detract from it with the bangs?

Paranda Belle
September 10th, 2013, 05:49 AM
To me, even as a bob it still looks long somehow! Whatever you or your stylist decide, I'm sure it will look great.

Mindy
September 10th, 2013, 06:13 AM
Not that it really matters, because you would be gorgeous even with no hair at all, but I think you look a bit more youthful with the length as it is now. The half-up looks especially cute!

UltraBella
September 10th, 2013, 07:36 AM
I would say keep it longer and keep on thinking about it. I think it's always better to err on the side of longer hair. But then I think everyone looks better with longer hair. Why not get a very small trim and go until your next trim time? I would hate it if I couldn't put my hair up in some way. It's OK to do buns and ponytails. It's not being lazy at all. And I agree with the poster who said your first layered style looks very mom hair-ish. I'll also go out on a limb and add I think you look sooooooo much better without bangs. You have such a pretty face. Why detract from it with the bangs?

For myself, personally, wearing my hair in a bun for work is the equivalent of doing nothing at all. It really is a lazy, no effort way to escape messing with it. I don't actually like the way it looks. I just like that I did it quickly :)

Bangs. That's quite the debate for me as well. I really like bangs, I think they're fun & stylish and super cute on a lot of people. I'm not so sure they're that attractive on my particular forehead but I've still always enjoyed having them.

As for being "mom-ish" lol, I don't mind - I am a mom :) My daughter is about to turn 18 in a couple of months. Yikes.

Teufelchen
September 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM
You are really looking younger than having a 18 year old daughter.

I have to say, I prefer the longer, but mainly because I always prefer longer hair. But it really is up to you, you have to wear it. but I guess, whatever you do, you won't have lots of issues, your hair grows just super fast.

silverthread
September 10th, 2013, 07:50 AM
You look great with the eyebrow-skimming bang. They are perfect for your face. Maybe you can do some long layers and keep those same bangs????

MeganE
September 10th, 2013, 09:36 AM
For myself, personally, wearing my hair in a bun for work is the equivalent of doing nothing at all. It really is a lazy, no effort way to escape messing with it. I don't actually like the way it looks. I just like that I did it quickly :)

I can see why deciding to choose a more high-maintenance cut would be a little hard. I was going to ask you how you prefer to to wear it: styled shorter or in the bun; but I see the answer above. I think going for the shorter cut you loved before will make you happier in the long run. Why choose to let it be long when the only reason is because it lets you get away with not putting in some effort? You said you feel more put together when it's styled, and I think that feeling good about yourself is the point of a good haircut.

Can't you get it off your neck when you're at home with a couple of claw clips?

UltraBella
September 10th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I'm done with my appointment and I only had my layers evened out and my bangs trimmed. I also got some highlights. If I spend a bunch of time wishing I'd gone shorter, I'll make another appointment.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/14D5F7EF-78E4-4382-94C3-7D0E3C39B5F7-34679-000012C0EC816D5B_zpseeb9bf17.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/14D5F7EF-78E4-4382-94C3-7D0E3C39B5F7-34679-000012C0EC816D5B_zpseeb9bf17.jpg.html)

I never really love the way she styles it, I'll be glad once I wash it and style it my way, but this certainly gives a good indication of what I've got :

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/8E63B5C0-70BA-4F41-A07E-E7713A9EB8E9-34679-000012C0E692648A_zps4c3c38fa.jpg (http://s908.photobucket.com/user/beyondbeauty76/media/8E63B5C0-70BA-4F41-A07E-E7713A9EB8E9-34679-000012C0E692648A_zps4c3c38fa.jpg.html)

GrowingGlory
September 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Looks great!

MeganE
September 10th, 2013, 01:04 PM
It does look really nice! If I knew highlights would turn out that well on me, I'd do it. I just don't have a hairdresser I trust at the moment. :)

spidermom
September 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Oh so pretty. But now you've got me longing for something new!

breezefaerie
September 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Looks gorgeous!

leslissocool
September 10th, 2013, 01:21 PM
I think it looks really great! It's not too long, not too short, perfect for fall IMO :D.

DMARTINEZ
September 10th, 2013, 02:23 PM
What Spidermom said..lol!

massivecnqstdr
September 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Your hair turned out beautiful!

Vanilla
September 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I love the cut! Looks great on you.

Merlin
September 10th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Looks great!

UltraBella
September 10th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Thank you all !

I think for now the smart choice was to error on the side of caution. It's easy to make another appointment.

HylianGirl
September 10th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Looks great!

thistledown
September 10th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I want both a cute tousled bob and a waist + length mane. Yeah. I leave it long cause I'm impatient and it takes way longer to grow it out then to cut it. One day I'd like to though, I don't want to get to 40 and have never had a cute bob! As for you, you're so pretty any hair style looks great, I love it a bit longer but I like the bob too-so I'm no help! Just know you look great which ever!
Vanessa

Fairlight63
September 10th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Looks great!

Crumpet
September 10th, 2013, 09:28 PM
You look great with all of your different styles. I'm glad you're happy with this one!

UltraBella
September 10th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I already washed my hair - the styling products she put in it just didn't work for me. My hair was starting to feel greasy & flat.

I also cut my own bangs at an angle, blended in the other side to match and took a bit of bulk out of my top section with a razor. NOW I'm happy. At first I was slightly regretting not going a lot shorter.

AnqeIicDemise
September 11th, 2013, 12:38 AM
I already washed my hair - the styling products she put in it just didn't work for me. My hair was starting to feel greasy & flat.

I also cut my own bangs at an angle, blended in the other side to match and took a bit of bulk out of my top section with a razor. NOW I'm happy. At first I was slightly regretting not going a lot shorter.

You know that internet rule, Miss Sunshine.

koko
September 11th, 2013, 02:24 AM
You have amazing curls! I am glad you didnt cut it really short :)

MonaMayfair
September 11th, 2013, 07:29 AM
It looks really nice! I prefer that length to the shorter cut and definitely prefer it to when it was longer (though your hair did look great longer, because it's such nice hair)
I want to get mine cut again, I just can't stand going to the hairdresser! :D

Peggy E.
September 11th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Seeing as how your hair grows so quickly - though maybe a bit slower in the colder months? - let's consider what is most flattering on you.

You have the most amazing eyes and those dimples are so youthful. With a long face and tall forehead the long hair in the avatar seems to flatter your face less than the bouncy fringe and short, full layers. It is a very young look for you, while the long hair is gorgeous, the shorter cut is a homerun - your hair and face look stunning.

Make sense? I'm one who is accustomed to looking at the hair and the face is almost immaterial! After all, we tend to see only the backs of our heads on LHC, so a face is almost a shock! But it does skew the focus to the hair and away from the total look, particularly when we don't see faces that often.

And, while I'm on a roll here, your natural color is the most amazing I've ever seen! People pay fortunes to dye their hair CLOSE to your color and here you have it for FREE!!!! ;o)

I suppose it would get boring rising every morning and staring into the mirror at such hair color perfection - the gleaming gold-spun locks touched with sweet burnishings of copper and bronze. We all have our burdens to bear, after all. But I would beg you to please, please, PLEASE take a pass on coloring that hair.

The day will come when this color will have passed and then, if you are still of a mind to try something different, take a roll of the dice. But for now, revel in the beauty of the amazing color you have been blessed with, and no doubt envied wherever you go!

OK. Enough from me!

UltraBella
September 11th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Thank you, everyone !!

shutterpillar
September 11th, 2013, 08:12 AM
It's beautiful! Add me to the list of people you've got wanting something new! lol.