PDA

View Full Version : How does my hair look?

Violet.
September 8th, 2013, 12:41 PM
My hair is on my avatar and profile picture.
People sometimes say it looks healthy and sometimes that it looks UNhealthy. I'm confused. I can't really figure out if it looks good and is it actually in a good condition.
What do you guys think? What does it look like to you? Any advice?
(I hope I don't have to cut much of it.)

Paraply
September 8th, 2013, 12:54 PM
For me, it looks totally healthy and thick hair! Also your ends look very thick (lucky!) Maybe you could post some bigger and close-up piccies so we could see more clearly as the profile picture is quite small :)
I wouldn't cut much, only microtrim once a month and bigger trims when needed. Coconut oil will keep those ends happy and soft!

minxe
September 8th, 2013, 01:33 PM
It looks healthy to me in the sense that your hemline is very thick, and it's managed to grow so long. But on the other hand it looks dry and frizzy -- like your waves aren't as defined as they could be. I think that's why some people say it looks unhealthy. I don't think you need to cut it.

AmyBeth
September 8th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I love it! If you think it's a bit dry or frizzy, check out CG method. Don't let anyone decide what you want for your hair, cut it if you want to, grow it if you want to.

lapushka
September 8th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I was admiring it the other day. Sometimes you see avatar pictures that stand out, you know. ;)

Mindy
September 8th, 2013, 02:35 PM
I think it looks great! Your hemline looks nice and thick. It's hard to judge from a picture, but I don't really see any damage that would require cutting. It may benefit from some extra moisture. Try weekly deep treatments (SMTs are great) and lightly oiling the ends.

gillybeanxo3921
September 8th, 2013, 02:49 PM
It looks healthy! It does look a little bit dry though, I agree. I have a very similar wave pattern, so I can relate.

I love love love this deep conditioning treatment called Hask Henna n Placenta. It's has cassia in it- not Henna. It's a similar to henna but doesn't have the color. It always makes my hair very soft and shiny.

It says to use it as often as needed, but I like to use it around once a month

Good luck!

Oh, and by the way, I like to use coconut oil once a day, too. Have you tried that yet?

Pixie2013
September 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Have you tried the curly girl method? That might be just the thing for you. To me your hair just looks like it needs some moisture and something to better define/organize your curls. It doesn't look damaged, it just looks a bit wild and a little dry.

Kherome
September 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM
It does look dry to me. I couldn't say without seeing it person, whether or not I would cut any off personally.

jacqueline101
September 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I'd try to oil for the frizz but it looks healthy.

Firefox7275
September 8th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Most people don't understand wavy hair, the words 'dry' and 'moisture' and 'damaged' are often bandied about but rarely understood or correctly applied. Wavy hair will poof/ fluff out if it is brushed or combed, it does not easily reflect shine due to the angle the light hits the cuticle at. Hair that holds a lot of moisture (water) will swell and is MORE likely to frizz or look dull!!

To me you hair looks like it might benefit from more leave in conditioner, probably not a 'moisturising' one but ingredients that help the cuticle to lay flat, hairs to lay together, light to be reflected. And less brushing/ combing, that separates the strands into poof/ frizz.

prettyinpink
September 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I think it looks pretty healthy! Never cut it, its gorgeous. It seems like whenever somebody has long hair people call it unhealthy

jeanniet
September 8th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'd look into CG. Agree with Firefox that leave in conditioner (or more if you already use a leave in) will probably help a great deal. Often curly/wavy hair can take a LOT of leave in; much more than you'd think.

GoddessLocks
September 8th, 2013, 06:56 PM
It looks healthy to me! I agree on using some oil or creams to help with smoothness :)

Leeloo
September 8th, 2013, 11:33 PM
My hair is on my avatar and profile picture.
People sometimes say it looks healthy and sometimes that it looks UNhealthy. I'm confused. I can't really figure out if it looks good and is it actually in a good condition.
What do you guys think? What does it look like to you? Any advice?
(I hope I don't have to cut much of it.)

From the picture your hair looks gorgeous! If you want you could do S&D to see if there are any splits, unless you do that already. I think it looks great.

VJG
September 21st, 2013, 10:49 PM
Some people seem to think long hair in general looks unhealthy. They are silly, don't listen. :)