PDA

View Full Version : Hair length...having some trouble deciding how long to go.

ChristineB
September 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Hey everyone. This is the length of my hair, currently:

http://i40.tinypic.com/2jcvur9.jpg

I just need some help figuring out what would be the best length for me...I have pretty thick, somewhat coarse hair. It is very prone to frizz, and while "big hair" is awesome, it depends on the kind, haha...nothing more frustrating than leaving the house with silky hair, and then an hour later its poofed out another 2-3"!!!

So I don't really know how long I want to grow it if it's going to cause me grief. I love it at this length, but I'd also love for it to be longer.

Are there any of you ladies who have hair longer than this that is similar to mine? How do you manage it? Do you have some suggests for keeping it more tame?

jacqueline101
September 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
I'd grow to tail bone and see if that feels and looks good.

Violet.
September 8th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Your current length is my current goal. So I'd recommend keeping it, or growing it out a bit more and seeing if you like it. If no, you can just cut it of. But your current length is perfect imo.

teela1978
September 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Grow it longer, if it bugs you cut it back. Basically, grow it until it feels right :) You don't have to make any decisions on length until you get there.

Loreley
September 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Your hair looks gorgeous!
I'd grow a couple of inches, just to try it out. You can still cut back if you don't like it.
My hair is a bit similar. I like classic length better than tailbone or hip. It stays at my back better when I wear it down.

Quixii
September 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Just keep growing until you don't like it any more. If you don't like it, cut back to a length you did like it. :) There's no need to commit yourself to some length you may not end up liking.

Thunderroad
September 8th, 2013, 12:07 PM
The shorter you go, the bigger it gets. I have big pouffy hair and realized too late that layers are NOT the answer to controlling volume - weight of hair is. Mine is not coarse (it's very fine but there are tons of it), but I think your current length is beautiful -- and so is your hair.

ChristineB
September 8th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Would it be beneficial to trim the ends a bit first, or just S&D the ends while I am growing it?

The shorter you go, the bigger it gets. I have big pouffy hair and realized too late that layers are NOT the answer to controlling volume - weight of hair is. Mine is not coarse (it's very fine but there are tons of it), but I think your current length is beautiful -- and so is your hair.

Thanks. I have noticed the same, because when my hair was at it's nicest (about 5 years ago), it was all one length and I didn't have such issues. Ever since I began layering my hair, the trouble began. :(

Panth
September 10th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Grow it longer, if it bugs you cut it back. Basically, grow it until it feels right :) You don't have to make any decisions on length until you get there.

This.

Having longer hair is not like having shorter hair - it's very, very easy to fix hair that is annoyingly long!

Macaroni
September 10th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Can you now wear it in your favorite styles? Will there be any advantage/disadvantage to letting it grow?