PDA

View Full Version : Hair sin confessions

Kristen121
September 8th, 2013, 10:33 AM
I have to confess my hair sin: I blow-dried and striaghtened my hair for church this morning and I think it looks great :couch:

teddygirl
September 8th, 2013, 10:42 AM
I hate that heat styling looks so good. I try and get a good 3 or 4 days out of my hair when I blow dry and straighten it, to really enjoy it as much as possible lol.

Salmonberry
September 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
I wear my hair down every day and I wouldn't have it any other way. I look and feel bad with it up. The "protective" benefits are just not worth the discomfort for me. I don't think my hair has suffered from it either.

woolyleprechaun
September 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
When I'm stressed out, I comb my hair to calm me down. I sort of treat it like a massage or something. I dread to think of the mechanical damage I bestow on it on those occasions.

Violet.
September 8th, 2013, 11:08 AM
I comb my hair very aggressively when it's tangled. :rant:

Stray_mind
September 8th, 2013, 11:20 AM
I second that...

jacqueline101
September 8th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I use hair spray.

ExpectoPatronum
September 8th, 2013, 11:53 AM
I wear my hair down most days too...I'm too self-conscious of my face to have it up all of the time.

Brattina88
September 8th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I have to confess my hair sin: I blow-dried and striaghtened my hair for church this morning and I think it looks great :couch:

I've been doing this for church as well :( Why oh why does it have to be so damaging and look so nice this way? :p

Mindy
September 8th, 2013, 12:10 PM
This summer I have thrown stretching washes out the window. I can't stand having a sweaty scalp. It makes me itch and break out in a heat rash. So I've been shampooing and conditioning every single day.

Marbid
September 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
woooo. I wear my curls down all the time. It gets super super tangles. And then at the end of the day, I twist it and bun it for sleep, I wear a silk cap to bed, but I don't untangle it before I bun it. I just can't imagine myself untangling my curls when dry. It becomes and afro. I think it would break more this way than putting it up without brushing. I also wash my hair every single day. I CO wash it.

PastelAngel
September 8th, 2013, 04:18 PM
I've stopped wearing my sleep bonnet to bed because it squeaks against my bedding sometimes and I've been letting my partner mess up my hair more than usual. My hair seems mad at me, but willing to forgive.

Oramus
September 9th, 2013, 02:17 PM
Not totally recent, but this is probably my biggest sin-
I washed my full head of hair daily with sulfate shampoo.. Don't kill me! :cry:

hikarilu
September 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I did exactly the same last week for a date and loved it :(

hikarilu
September 9th, 2013, 02:21 PM
I sleep with my hair loose, though i know it gets reeeeaaally greasy and damaged when i do...

LadyCelestina
September 9th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I do almost all of these,some more often,some less often,maybe not the straightening though :D

Anabell
September 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
Today I washed my hair without pre oiling first. Yesterday I thought that I can go one more day without washing. But it was so hot and humid...

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I heat style, I highlight, I lowlight, I do all kinds of bad things, lol.

PamelaViktoria
September 9th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I've been bleaching highlights in for 25 years!:cheer:

see_turtle
September 9th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I wash it daily. And I let my friend straighten it the other day. I feel so guilty! I stopped her when she started to rip a brush through it though. Have not used a brush in 3 years!

wrh452
September 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM
I have been using clarifying shampoo to try and get color out. My hair hates it

XcaliburGirl
September 9th, 2013, 07:15 PM
I do a bunch of stuff that some would consider sinful, but my hair doesn't seem to care. :twisted: (daily washing, wet combing)

On the other hand, I have noticed ponytail damage, but I still ponytail sometimes.

My hair is not the boss of me!

Applegirl84
September 9th, 2013, 09:28 PM
I shampoo my hair every day (trying to stop that) and I love the way my hair looks when it's blow dried and curled with hot rollers

prettyinpink
September 9th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I have this strange addiction with pulling my hair out. I'll just grab a handful of hair and pull so hard a few strands will come out. and I do this all day, lol. Im weird I guess.

Adrienne
September 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
I do not pay attention to ingredients at all! I am strictly Co but I use any conditioner that I feel. I have heard you are supposed to read labels and understand scientific chemical type of stuff. lol. 8 years as a hair obsessed person and still don't care for that type of thing.

thankyousir74
September 10th, 2013, 09:35 AM
I've been using a very cone-y condi while I've been on vacation. My hair is irritable.

Also I am addicted to S&Ding but I constantly wonder if my hair scissors are not sharp enough and are in reality making MORE split ends.... THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL! shudder:

woolyleprechaun
September 10th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I've been using a very cone-y condi while I've been on vacation. My hair is irritable.

Also I am addicted to S&Ding but I constantly wonder if my hair scissors are not sharp enough and are in reality making MORE split ends.... THERE IS NO WAY TO TELL! shudder:
I get this alllllll the time. The problem is, its incredibly difficult to spot what is causing problems and what isn't. Every time I spot a split (rarely, fortunately) I wonder if it's because I used crap scissors, slept with it down for half an hour, used the wrong conditioner or failed to make the correct offerings to the Hair Gods. One never knows :P

ProverbsGirl
September 10th, 2013, 10:50 AM
I curled mine on Saturday. I hate when it looks that good..even though it is damaging. :/

Emanuelle
September 10th, 2013, 12:18 PM
I sometimes comb when it's dry, and no conditioner in my hair.

And I practically never wear it up.... though I have to say, I don't notice any damage from this... :)

Nadine <3
September 10th, 2013, 03:23 PM
I but my hair up, pull it out, braid it, pull it out, play with it almost daily, pull on it when I get stressed, and sometimes I chew on my growing out bangs when they hang in my face lol:agape:

samanthajenalyn
September 10th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I have a bad habit of always messing with the thick kinky hairs on the top of my head. and I sleep on a cotton pillowcase. and I touch it wayyy too much, even when it's up.

LongRedHair
September 10th, 2013, 06:12 PM
I only wear it up when I'm at home. I have no interest in using the all-natural, silicone & whatever free shampoos & conditioners; I use It's A 10 or Redken (still waffling between the two). Every great once in a while I straighten it (on the lowest heat setting, but still...).

jupiterinleo
September 10th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I've been reading a lot in this thread that wearing your hair down is actually damaging, when all these years I had thought it was the opposite case...? Is that from sitting up against chairs and whatnot?

samanthaj08
September 10th, 2013, 09:31 PM
I don't straighten my hair, but my friend did tonight.
When 'straight' (he clearly is not a professional lol), it just about hits my goal length.

And now I want a straightener even though I know how bad they are. But I want my hair to hit goal >< Ohhh the dilemma

http://s23.postimg.org/i2ofqhzgn/hair.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/i2ofqhzgn/)

HintOfMint
September 10th, 2013, 11:19 PM
I wash my length with full-strength sulfate-shampoo, often twice.

ProverbsGirl
September 11th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I washed my hair last night and then fell asleep before I braided it. *sigh* is was a disaster this morning..and will probably have to be washed again tonight because of my neglect. Grr :(

rose313
September 11th, 2013, 01:19 PM
I love cones, and I sleep with my hair up in a ponytail.

deja
September 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I straighten my hair every three or four weeks.