PDA

View Full Version : Natural dreads with vinegar washings only..?

Kumiko033
September 8th, 2013, 06:05 AM
Is it possible to form natural dreads with barely washing your hair?
I wash my hair with ACV 2 times a week and once every month I do a baking soda rinse.

Is this possible or will this route take years and yeaaaaars?

Anyways, I've been doing this for 2 month's now and I do have some tiny tangles but it's strange since I have very big curly coarse hair.
This should be tangling faster or is it simply that I need to wash more....?

Any tips would be welcome.

PS: I am APL when stretched so the length should be fine.

Hairitic
September 8th, 2013, 06:55 AM
Is it possible to form natural dreads with barely washing your hair?
I wash rm and or will this route take years and yeaaaaars?

Anyways, I've been doing this for 2 month's now and I do have some tiny tangles dit's strange since I have very big curly coarse hair.
This should be tangling faster or is it simply that I need to wash more....?

Any tips would be welcome.

PS: I am APL when stretched so the length should be fine.

10 years ago when I dreaded my hair, I used a special dreading shampoo that I found online. I also physically mmade dreads by taking smallish sections of hair between my palms and rolling it back and forth, up and down the length. This caused tangles to form faster and the hairs to grab to each other, forming dreads. Try doing a search online on how to dread your hair. I'm sure you'll come up with lots of ideas.

Kumiko033
September 8th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I did a lot of research but most people seem to wash their hair about 4 times a week with soda or castile soap. I also want them to free-form and no palm-rolling involved, just, all natural basicly xD. And I am wondering if it is possible with less washing and what the estimated time might be.

picklepie
September 8th, 2013, 08:11 AM
What curl type are you? If you're below a 4, I suspect you will need to do quite a bit of manual manipulation to form dreads at all.

Kumiko033
September 8th, 2013, 02:26 PM
I am a 3c on the top layers and have some 4a's in the bottom layers. I have no idea, I have heard some people with straight hair even can get natural dreads, it took them 3 years to even get a bit of resemblance/ something that looks remotely like a dread - but, it should be possible.