PDA

View Full Version : 'Hair Photos Without Permission' - the other side :-0

Merlin
September 8th, 2013, 02:28 AM
I know lots of of people here have found 'their' hair photos on the Internet without permission...I've sort of got the opposite problem!

1) I want to do a photoshop picture which needs some styled hair
2) A friend of mine sent me a photo a while back which is exactly the image I need to work on
3) We've completely lost touch so I can't get her permission to use it!!!!
so..
4) I can't work on my image using it!!!!!!!!!!!

furnival
September 8th, 2013, 02:38 AM
Maybe you could get some willing LHC member to replicate the style for you... :)

Merlin
September 8th, 2013, 10:20 AM
Maybe you could get some willing LHC member to replicate the style for you... :)

Yeah, but it's the pose, the light, the framing..... You know how sometimes you look at something and go that is exactly what I need?

door72067
September 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
if it is for any sort of commercial use, you really should have the model's consent

jacqueline101
September 8th, 2013, 11:32 AM
I agree make sure you've the consent of the model and don't break any copy right laws.

teddygirl
September 8th, 2013, 11:43 AM
What are you going to be using it for? If its something like a school project it shouldnt be an issue, but if you're putting on a website or something you might run into more issues.

Im sure you could contact her though, even if you havent spoken in a few years. If she says no, you're kind of hooped but you never know, she might not have an issue with it.

Nae
September 8th, 2013, 11:45 AM
That is tough when you can't find the model. I hope you have luck tracking her down Merlin.

Peggy E.
September 8th, 2013, 12:36 PM
If you really want to hear from her again....Put it up! Probably have her in touch right away. Of course, maybe not in the happy "so glad I found you again" kind of reconnect you'd been seeking....

lapushka
September 8th, 2013, 01:02 PM
If you really want to hear from her again....Put it up! Probably have her in touch right away. Of course, maybe not in the happy "so glad I found you again" kind of reconnect you'd been seeking....

I strongly oppose what you just said. Just do whatever, so she comes running? Not a good option.

I am with everyone saying you need her permission and to not do anything without it!

Merlin
September 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM
if it is for any sort of commercial use, you really should have the model's consent

I agree make sure you've the consent of the model and don't break any copy right laws.

The point of my post was that I'm not able to use it.

door72067
September 8th, 2013, 06:25 PM
oh, it sounded like you wanted opinions on whether you should use it, or not

sorry