View Full Version : First length pic since the big colour change and chop a year ago!

Rini
September 3rd, 2008, 03:21 AM
Well some of you know my de-hennaing experience last year and the process I went through to achieve my ash blonde colour. Without going over the details again (you can always PM me if you're interested), I ended up chopping off my hair to a chin length bob and pretty much starting all over again. I haven't taken any length pics since then (almost a year ago) and the ones in my album just show the colour.

Well, today I got my hubby to take a length shot ("is this for your hair friends?" lol). It's not altogether flattering (should have done the flash trick so it looks shiny!!), but it does show the progress I've made since last October. I still have a very long way to go though....:rolleyes:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s144/missrini8/hair/hair_sept08.jpg

Notice the annoying straight top layer, and bunched up ringlets underneath. Notice also today's considerable over-oiling and the persistant orange streaks. Time to break out the purple Goldwell toner again I think!

But on the positive side, I am loving the extra thickness that a grown-out fringe gives (who knew??) and I think my hair is very soft and relatively damage free. I also did my very first self-trim last week and I think it turned out OK :cheese: (thanks Franny!) I'm also pretty happy with the low-maintenance colour I have now. No more obvious roots!!

Shanarana
September 3rd, 2008, 03:28 AM
Looks very pretty. Blond suits you very well. :)

I get teased a lot by my family.......are you on that hair site again? lol, yup

granitbaby
September 3rd, 2008, 03:32 AM
Congratulation! That's really some progress from a chin length bob:disco:

I also went through a de-hennaing experience last autumn when I bleached and cut back to shoulder. A week ago I stated with hennagloss again because my hair had a very unflattering two tone. I don't regret the de-hennaing, my hair was very dark red/burgundy/wine coloured and now I'm more on the strawberry blond side.

Your hair is beautiful, the colour is just great:)

goldenwaves
September 3rd, 2008, 03:57 AM
Oooohh looks nice! I really like that colour!!

Arctic
September 3rd, 2008, 04:56 AM
Your hair has grown so much! I like the colour very much too :flower:

sexyjacksparrow
September 3rd, 2008, 05:52 AM
Looking good, Rini!!!

Kerry xx

crystal_89
September 3rd, 2008, 05:53 AM
Your hair looks great, rini! its a nice colour and its grown a lot.

I get teased about 'reading about hair on her computer AGAIN!' by my family, too.

bella77
September 3rd, 2008, 06:04 AM
Rini, your hair looks lovely!!! I love the color. I just had my hair chopped off, sadly I did not want to, the stylist went scissor happy on me and ended up taking off waaaayyyy more than asked. Boo hoo. Anyway, hopefully I can get your kind of growth in a year!!

Islandgrrl
September 3rd, 2008, 07:01 AM
Rini, WOW! It's so pretty! You've really gotten some great growth in a year! So here's to another year of awesome growth!!! :beer:

jojo
September 3rd, 2008, 07:22 AM
Great growth and great hair, well done.x

FrannyG
September 3rd, 2008, 07:29 AM
Oh Rini, it's been so long since we've seen a length photo from you. I almost wanted to cry when I saw your lovely picture. I've really missed your updates.

Honestly the colour looks lovely, and you didn't need the flash trick. Your hair is obviously shiny. It really looks great, and you did a wonderful job with your little trim. :blossom:

Nightshade
September 3rd, 2008, 08:09 AM
Wonderful progress, my friend :D You'll make up the length in no time!

Blueglass
September 3rd, 2008, 08:14 AM
You have such a great color. I often wish my hair was as light.

OR Cowgirl
September 3rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
Rini, your hair looks GREAT! :) Lovely color!

Mariah

Curlsgirl
September 3rd, 2008, 08:40 AM
Oooooooooooo I am so glad I checked in today and didn't miss this!!! Really pretty hair Rini and I too think you look gorgeous as a blond! Thanks so much for posting that pic!!!

Shypii90
September 3rd, 2008, 08:45 AM
Very nice length update!! It's grown a lot!
I'm happy you managed to go back to your natural colour. It should be easier from now on :)

Speedbump
September 3rd, 2008, 09:45 AM
Excellent progress, and the color is really nice. If that closely matches your natural color -- and am assuming it does, since the whole point of this was to go back to your natural color -- you are quite lucky because it's REALLY nice. Just think how great it's going to be next year, too! :disco:

paper
September 3rd, 2008, 10:32 AM
Looking good! It's really starting to look long and the color is very pretty. Congrats!

justgreen
September 3rd, 2008, 10:45 AM
Bravo Rini! I love your hair, it's just so angelic looking. I like the layer/ringlet thingy! I have two stacked layers right on my hemline.

jel
September 3rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
Your hair looks lovely, Rini! :flowers: Thanks for the update!

Are you growing back to BSL? In which case there's not *that* much to go - looks like you'll be there in another year or less.

NurseMama
September 3rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Beautiful progress! I can see the shine even without the flash ;).

RedRose
September 3rd, 2008, 11:37 AM
Wow that's brilliant growth, and such a lovely colour. Congratulations!

Rini
September 4th, 2008, 04:10 AM
Awww......I love you guys!!! :inlove: Thank you soooo much for your lovely words: shanarana, granitbaby, goldenwaves, Arctic, sexyjacksparrow, crystal 89, bella77, Islandgrrl, jojo, Franny, Nightshade, Blueglass, OR Cowgirl, Curlsgirl, Shypii90, Speedbump, paper, justgreen, jel, NurseMama, RedRose

Shanarana & crystal 89: my husband (and kids) are used to LHC by now. It's been almost 3 years! They still think it's funny though :D I've trained my kids (6 and 4 years old) to take "hair photos" too....

granitbaby: your de-henna experience sounds very similar to mine. Your colour now is lovely!! I did love the henna on me too, but the upkeep was too much :(

bella77: oh no!! That's terrible. I'm so sad to hear that. It's the reason why I'm doing my own trimming from now on. I've never had a good salon experience.

Franny: you dear, sweet lady :inlove: Thank you so much for all your trimming help!! As long as you weren't crying over the absence of Rini Red.... :eyebrows:

Nightshade: OMG, what an incredible sig pic!! The contrast of your glorious red hair against the water is STUNNING.

speedy: My natural colour is pretty close to that in the pic. I have many many silvers against a base colour of dark blonde, so the overall effect is a light ash blonde. As well as that, I am dyeing the roots only one shade lighter than the dark blonde, so it all blends in quite nicely. Then of course I have the remaining orange streaks to get rid of. It's a work in progress, and I AM looking forward to next year....and the years after.... :o

justy: Angelic? Awww......that's a lovely description of hair!

jel: I am growing back to bra strap length, then I want to trim for a bit and eventually grow to classic. Yes, many years to go until then!!

Unzadi
September 4th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Beautiful then, beautiful now, and I'm sure even more beautiful as it continues to grow. Gorgeous color, shine and curls.

Chamomile betty
September 4th, 2008, 06:28 AM
First, I think your hubby's comment it too cute lol.

Your hair looks great. The waves are pretty and so is the color.

spidermom
September 4th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I've been hoping for an update back-of-head shot. Thank you for finally delivering. Yes, you have a long way to go, but I'm sure you will enjoy the journey with so many hair styles to try.

Nightshade
September 4th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Nightshade: OMG, what an incredible sig pic!! The contrast of your glorious red hair against the water is STUNNING.

I'm so glad you liked it! I know how photo-savvy you are, so I take that as the highest of compliments.

And isn't this supposed to be about how badass YOUR hair is :D