PDA

View Full Version : :( Tales of the Horrors at Beauty School...witnessing the torture...

pinknika
September 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Hey all!

Its been a few years since I have visited. I know I was not an avid poster in the past, but I still adhere to the principals and lessons I have learned while visiting LHC. I am truly thankful for the WEALTH of informationI have gained since starting out 5 years ago and I am so very grateful that I had the opportunity to change my hair and GROW it and just care for it so much better! :joy:

I am posting here today because I wanted to share a horrifying experience I endured last night. I really don't have any friends or family members who are crazy about their hair as I am, so I figured I could share my experience with some LHCer's and I know you ladies and gents would understand! :grouphug: I vented to the BF last night but he didn't seem to really get it.

So, the story goes...

I go to a local beauty school in the area to get a haircut and a color. (Yes first mistake) BUT the reasons I went was:

A.) I am broke, haircuts there are $5! Woohoo...er...well...

B.) I have an aquaintence/friend who is starting out in the beauty school and she has cut hair for one of my friends

C.) And I like her, I wanted to support her, because well I think she needs the practice (boy does she ever )

Anyways, I am not here to throw my aquaintence/friend under the bus, she did ok, but I was witnessing what was going on around me and was just about to vomit. :puke:

The majority of women there are fresh out of high school. Very naive and just very commercial. I say commercial because of the products they are taught to use, they are all name brands, chemicals all that stuff. There is nothing wrong with shampoo from a brand name, when I can afford it I like to use certain things but anyways they don't really know the natural and really beneficial part of taking care of the hair.

Yes lets get to the horror...shudder:

So a lady walks in, elderly, my eyes widen in absolute aw :bigeyes: as she has very beautiful, THICK long BLONDE hair. She walks witha cane, very sweet looking and very particular. The first thing that comes to mind, is OMG a long hair!! I think maybe she is on LHC and I've always wondered when I've think I've seen other long hairs in real life. But I never strike up the convo and be like hey are you on LHC?

Anyways, she begins to talk, I notice that she is very frail and I couldn't help but feel my heart sink as the student who was talking to her begins to roll her eyes at the others as the lady explains to her what she wants.

The lady wants a deep conditioning treatment. The treatment they use is a sebastian product- I couldn't help but think, she really should do a Snowy Moisture Treatment or even just plain coconut oil. The student says it makes your hair really soft and silky. It might..who knows, I just laugh inside then feel sad, because it doesn't look like this student gives two s**** about this poor woman.

The student shampoos her, but does not condition her and its evident when they come back because her hair is very dry looking and of course she is going to do the treatment after, but why bring her back to the chair and try to BRUSH it when you can just deep condition her when she is in the sink..

The student begins to brush her hair...yes BRUSH, pulling, snarling and snapping this poor ladies hair. :disbelief: The lady keeps telling her, please don't pull my hair, your not supposed to brush it when its wet. And for good reason! HELLO! Well the student keeps rolling her eyes, she starts to try and do it again, now this brush she is using, isn't a cushiony brush or a nice brush, its one of those freaken awful plastic brushes that you can most likely get at the dollar store. I hate those brushes, they don't have nice bristles. Anyways, the student asks is your hair always tangled like this when you wash it? The lady says no, I put conditioner on it after and the tangles come out on their own. Yes, the lady obviously uses cones or any nice smoothing conditioner and the tangles come out, thats what happens when you use conditioner, but if you notice you basically washed her hair with a clarifying shampoo, expecting your nasty brush to smoothly brush out the hair. NO. It doesn't work like that. IGNORANCE. :shake:

The student finally gives up. Starts separating the hair and applying conditioner with one of those brushes you use when you are highlighting someones hair. This takes forever. Anyways, when she's done she puts the lady under the dryer. Leaves her there for 20 min.The student comes back and talks smack about this lady to her other students and they all agree with
her that the lady is mean. No the lady just knows the basics of hair 101.

After that, she gets her back, blowfries her hair in sections with the same nasty brush. The poor women endures this hot air and she tries to tell her to put it on a lower setting. The student ignores her...

After its all done, I can't say that there was a difference from the time she came in to after she got the treatment. Mainly because of the "treatment" she did and mainly because that student destroyed her hair with brushing and frying it out. Goodness.

The lady leaves. I feel like the instructor should have done something but she wasn't exactly monitoring the student but trying to fix a botched haircut. I feel like I should have done something and almost feel responsible because I didn't speak up. Classic what would you do moment. I hate myself.

Another lady walks in, this time with visibly awful looking hair. I feel bad to say, but her hair looks so very damaged the most damage I have ever seen on a brunette. She had very splintery looking hair. She was probably in her 40's. She also asked for the same deep conditioning treatment but this time, it was with a different student. And the student asks the other student who just did the treatment on the other ladies hair, how to do it....so the student tells her how, shampoo, no conditioner, bring her back and put the treatment on, leave her under the heat then blow dry.

I was faced in another direction as my aquaintence was doing my hair. Times goes by and I'm flipped to the direction where I can visibly see the lady with her damaged hair again. I witness the student FLAT IRONING her hair after she just did the treatment and the blowfry. I'm like omg. Really? Don't you see her hair is damaged enough? And of course, flat ironing her hair isn't going to hide the damage and you can see small sections of breakage flying up after she flattens it through the iron.

I felt like I was in a nightmare. :hatchet: I felt like there should have been cameras or something to document what was happening. But to say the least, these girls have a lot to learn.

BUT, even if they do complete their 18 months of beauty school, they would have all learned how to treat hair in themost abusive way. I have never attended a beauty school and by all means, if you have please speak up, but the fundamental rules and teachings you learn while you are there is just mind boggling. I really think there should be a beauty school for hair only to where you learn how to care for the hair properly, not heat damage or style and really learn about the nutrition and nourishment the hair deserves.

Anyways, that was my rant :soapbox:

Thank you all for listening. I feel better now. :)

dulce
September 7th, 2013, 07:05 PM
I had the same treatment ,sort of ,at my last salon visit last spring.I had booked for a trim,no wash only.When I got there she wanted to dye my gray hair-I said no,then asked for her to just cut my curly hair dry,which to give her credit she does,but grudgingly,then before the cut she takes that same sharp plastic bristled brush through my hair- brushing it so vigorously,it snapped my hair and it hurt and I said so,so she gave it to me ,saying ,do it yourself then ,in an angry tone.She did do a ok cut but was very negative and curt and silent throughout,especially when I insisted on only a trim,told her I wanted to keep growing longer.Bottom line ,my choice of long gray hair was not her cup of tea..My hubbie gave me an awesome cut this fall so he's my new hairdresser.I paid almost $ 50. for my salon visit and she never smiled or looked at me once even though I tried to talk to her.. I've come to the conclusion that people like me,gray ,hair past waist don't really belong in a salon.I don't fit the stylish cut/dye/lots of products client that they like.Am sure not all hairdressers are like this[the ones here on this forum would never have behaved like this] but so many are and it starts with how they are trained.I don't plan on going to a salon again unless I hear of a long hair friendly stylist.Oh-I got the'' is your hair always so tangly comment'' also..that sharp bristled plastic brush is murder on long hair,my natural boar bristled brush does not tangle my hair.I think a lot of stylists do not even know how to brush long hair properly or what type of brush to use on it.I believe they are not trained at all on how to deal with very long hair[past waist]

stinkyfeet
September 7th, 2013, 08:19 PM
I would have felt badly for the elderly blonde lady too. It's really sad that the teacher would allow that type of attitude and gossip among the students. I would think that in beauty school it's imperative to teach professionalism and courtesy. After all, their future livelihood rests on returning clients. I wouldn't want to go to a salon or hairstylist where I heard the employees bashing and mistreating clients that fund their pay checks.

ositarosita
September 7th, 2013, 08:44 PM
The best thing to do is to remember.. who wants to hire someone with such a bad attitude?? they will not be hired I wouldn't want someone like that working for me because they would reflect badly on me and my business.

UltraBella
September 7th, 2013, 09:30 PM
I attended beauty school and I didn't witness anything like this. We had to be respectful, we all wanted to do a good job so we cared about pleasing our clients - and my fundamental knowledge of hair structure, growth and care is spot on. ***Not all schools/instructors/students are created equal though.

Lillybelle
September 7th, 2013, 09:54 PM
My sister went to beauty school and it is really hit or miss when you go in as a client. These days I'm terrified to go to salons because of her. Every time she sees me with me sd ing my hair it drives her crazy. "Will you please just let me cut it or let me buy you a cut? Your going to ruin the layers!" She exclaims at me. I've explained to her that those splits are going to travel higher if I don't take care of them right away and I don't want to sacrifice the unsplit ends for a trim that won't get everything anyway. After a year of telling me that my reasoning makes absolutely no sense because that's the complete opposite of what she was taught in Cosmo school she has finally started to understand. It's coming up on my six month trim and I'm scared to go in because every time I do, I explain to them to what I want ( leave the top layer alone and please only dust the rest. I am loathe to part with even a half inch) and they ignore me. I asked my sister and other Cosmo friends about this and they all tell me that I'm asking for something unreasonable and I'm lucky the stylist only took an inch and a half off and not three. Also if I would just go in every six weeks like I'm supposed to my hair would grow a lot faster. They all sound like brainwashed drones spouting cosmetology industry propaganda. *sigh* and so the hunt continues for a trustworthy trimmer. Stupid beauty school!

Marbid
September 7th, 2013, 10:17 PM
WOOOOOOOA.

I am going to go to beauty school soon. To become a hairdresser. Because I love, adore and am fascinated with hair. Properly. Naturally and healthy. I myself am trying to grow out my hair to term.

Point is ladies, when I become a hairdresser, you will at least know for certain that there is a salon in the world where there is a girl that truly has your hairs best interest in mind.

I might not be the only one, I think I passed by a hair stylist here on LHC. There might also be other hairstylists that actually care about what is best for hair, and how to treat super long hair. But I'm sure this is the minority. I'm going to add one more person to this group of hair lovers, not fashion lovers.

Sweet_Decadence
September 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
I'm going to a local beauty school salon on Monday to get my roots bleached. This unsettles me greatly! :o

jeanniet
September 7th, 2013, 11:36 PM
I'm going to a salon next Saturday and I can't wait. There are plenty of good stylists out there who will do what you ask, and do a good job. Be specific, don't expect them to do miracles that won't work with your hair, and tip really well for good service. If they start to do something you don't want, tell them to stop, reiterate what you want, and if they still won't do it you can always walk out. Have them show you how much they're going to cut, and make sure it's the right amount. And again, if they do a good job and you're happy with the service, leave a really good tip. My stylist gets a 30% tip because he does a great job and I really enjoy my time at the salon, so he deserves it.

norths
September 7th, 2013, 11:51 PM
these students have no manner, they obviously arnt going to get any business/customers if they treat everyone with contempt,

Leeloo
September 8th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Wow, that is a scary story.

FireFromWithin
September 8th, 2013, 01:35 AM
This makes me glad I never went to the beauty school to get my hair cut. But then I found a salon which has amazing hairdressers. It looks a bit ratting and has some very odd wall paper but the stylist there really do care about your hair and I saw more than one long hair in there. It's a shame I've stopped cutting as I love getting my hair cut, it's so relaxing. I just don't like losing the length.

woolyleprechaun
September 8th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Where I go to college, I'm right next to a training salon. I walk past it a few times every college day, and see some mental things going on in there- I expect Sweeny Todd to materialise any second. I have come to accept (like many here) that salons just aren't for me. I'm sure there are plenty of good, caring stylists, but I'm unwilling to take the risk.
My hair is now longer than what is conventional over here (well past waist) and it inspires either admiration (rare) or horror/disgust (more common). I can't risk being at the disposal of someone who doesn't value my hair as I do.

koko
September 8th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I have a similar story. Once my hairdresser couldnt untangle my hair so she simply CUT OF entire curl on a half inch size and I was young enough to say nothing. Cried a month after.

Stray_mind
September 8th, 2013, 05:20 AM
That was really rude and disrespectful to the client. I would never ever go to a beauty salon where such people work. She won't get far with that attitude.

gillybeanxo3921
September 8th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I've been to a beauty salon with dressers like that. It was one of the cheap ones- cost cutters. I actually got in a fight with the lady because she kept lying to me about basic hair knowledge. And then her friend came over and joined in. I told them I wasn't coming back.

Nae
September 8th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Where I go to college, I'm right next to a training salon. I walk past it a few times every college day, and see some mental things going on in there- I expect Sweeny Todd to materialise any second. ROFL, thanks for the giggle fit early on a sunday morning.

As to the actual topic, this was a failure of the teacher. Sometimes it is hard to monitor all students and he/she missed a great teachable moment there. I hope they are all on top of it next time.

Professionalism is learned, hopefully these young hair dressers will learn it soon or they won't be very successful in their chosen careers. It would have been better if the little old lady had spoken up and asked to talk to the teacher over the treatment.

akilina
September 8th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Eh, just know that she won't get very far at all with that attitude.

Only about 50% of students even graduate. Atleast, that was a statistic they pulled from somewhere when i was starting! Sure enough, I started with 6 girls (me included) and only three of us graduated.

jacqueline101
September 8th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I feel sorry for that school if they do that no one will arrive.

GoddessLocks
September 8th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I am sooo glad my younger sister is a hairdresser now. I can just get trims from her. She gets that when I say half inch I mean half inch. Not two inches like every other hairdresser! She knows I'd kick her butt if she cut more than I wanted lol.

Angelair
September 8th, 2013, 10:36 PM
This reminds me if the most traumatic salon experience in my life. Came in with beautiful hair - almost waist length - and asked for some layers (what was k thinking, right?!!) anyways - next thing I know, they chop it up so bad, I had to come back next day and have the more competent hair dresser give me a pixie cut. That was all they could make out of the botched job from the night before. The manager of the salon was apologizing to me for the horrors they inflicted on my hair, which took over two years to grow back. Since then I've been soo leery of going to a salon!

Quahatundightu
September 8th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Ah, that's ridiculous! It does seem like something out of a nightmare. I had some good experiences at salons, but it was very rare to find a stylist who knew not to just rip the brush through wet hair. One of the main reasons I stopped going was the sound of my hair snapping and breaking.

aksown
September 9th, 2013, 12:12 AM
That's a shame! I would have said something or maybe that little girl would have ended up on the salon floor with my fist print on her eye socket. But I have anger issues. :demon:

Lillybelle
September 9th, 2013, 01:00 AM
WOOOOOOOA.

I am going to go to beauty school soon. To become a hairdresser. Because I love, adore and am fascinated with hair. Properly. Naturally and healthy. I myself am trying to grow out my hair to term.

Point is ladies, when I become a hairdresser, you will at least know for certain that there is a salon in the world where there is a girl that truly has your hairs best interest in mind.

I might not be the only one, I think I passed by a hair stylist here on LHC. There might also be other hairstylists that actually care about what is best for hair, and how to treat super long hair. But I'm sure this is the minority. I'm going to add one more person to this group of hair lovers, not fashion lovers.
Can you please work in sacramento?

Toadstool
September 9th, 2013, 02:07 AM
OP- I would write a complaint to the instructor/head of school and say that the unprofessional and disrespectful behaviour of the students is damaging to the reputation of the school. Because even if they stand by their harmful treatments, they should always listen to clients and always treat them with respect. Talking badly about them and rolling their eyes is NOT acceptable.

pinknika
September 9th, 2013, 10:02 AM
I attended beauty school and I didn't witness anything like this. We had to be respectful, we all wanted to do a good job so we cared about pleasing our clients - and my fundamental knowledge of hair structure, growth and care is spot on. ***Not all schools/instructors/students are created equal though.

I may have over generalized beauty schools a bit. I am sure there are lots of beauty schools out there with competent and caring instructors. I actually did a search yesterday about the top 10 beauty schools. This one I went to was Marinello, they're located in a handful of states. It was in a seedy part of town with students most likely coming from a very low income bracket. I am pretty sure there are a lot more professional and classy beauty schools to attend and get treatments from. In fact, I totally forgot that I did go to a beauty school a long time ago in my home town where I received highlights and lowlights from a very friendly, ambitious and driven student, it turned out great. Anyway, I didn't want to freak anyone out, so I'm sure if anyone wants to go and find a beauty school for a haircut, they probably can, just do so with caution and be very selective. Try choosing someone who is a senior student who is going to graduate soon.

akilina
September 9th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I may have over generalized beauty schools a bit. I am sure there are lots of beauty schools out there with competent and caring instructors. I actually did a search yesterday about the top 10 beauty schools. This one I went to was Marinello, they're located in a handful of states. It was in a seedy part of town with students most likely coming from a very low income bracket. I am pretty sure there are a lot more professional and classy beauty schools to attend and get treatments from. In fact, I totally forgot that I did go to a beauty school a long time ago in my home town where I received highlights and lowlights from a very friendly, ambitious and driven student, it turned out great. Anyway, I didn't want to freak anyone out, so I'm sure if anyone wants to go and find a beauty school for a haircut, they probably can, just do so with caution and be very selective. Try choosing someone who is a senior student who is going to graduate soon.
Wow I went there. I would never rate my school as unprofessional or not classy. Right after I graduated they moved the school to a nicer location and everything was brand new. The instructors were INCREDIBLE. Too weird...they would have never let something like this happen. I wish I could have been there in the new building, everything was very fancy and beautiful :) it's unfortunate that that kind of thing happened at a school that supposedly has a high standard in hair care.

And...low income school??? *snark* I wish. I'm paying 22THOUSAND.

rose313
September 9th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I've never gone to a beauty school, but I have to say I am tired of people not knowing how to brush long hair! You can't just rip the brush through starting at the top, especially when it's wet and not conditioned. When I get trims, I stick to one or two stylists only who I know can do it right, because I feel uncomfortable speaking up, and telling them how to do their job...I just don't want to sound mean. So I just don't go to new places to get my trims anymore.

AmyBeth
September 9th, 2013, 12:50 PM
I have anger issues too, although I am non-violent. I just don't see how anyone could just SIT THERE while you feel that your hair is being destroyed! You certainly don't have to hit anyone or even yell, but I have two feet and I know where the door is. Why do people just endure what they know they don't want? And they know they are going to pay for it! I read story after story on this board of unpleasant experiences at the salon, but has anybody every said "Stop! I'm leaving."?
That's a shame! I would have said something or maybe that little girl would have ended up on the salon floor with my fist print on her eye socket. But I have anger issues. :demon:

Vrindi
September 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
WOOOOOOOA.

I've had a lot of hair stylist horror stories. But I've also had at least 3 absolutely terrific stylists who loved my long hair, and would cut it exactly the way I asked for it. At the time, I had long, waist-to-almost-hip length layers with a deep u-shaped hem. Each of these stylists asked how I cared for my hair, and shared my techniques with their other customers who were trying to get long hair.

The last time I went to a salon, early this year, I went to have the bleached ends dyed to match my roots. I ended up with a very pretty, subtle ombre, since an exact match wasn't going to be possible. The girl who did my hair was not versed on long hair care at all. When she came at my hair with a wire-bristle brush, she may as well have been holding a chain saw. But I was polite and asked if she could use a wide-tooth comb instead (which I pulled out of my bag), and she had me show her how to use it. She'd never worked on hair as long as mine and was fascinated with how I cared for it. So, even stylists who are trained to destroy your hair can be really awesome and open to what you need.

Good stylists are out there. People willing to become better stylists are out there too. Don't feel badly for going into a salon BEFORE you make an appointment and talking to someone. If you want to bring your own combs or shampoo, explain that. If they have a problem with that, go somewhere else.

Just remember, most women who go to a salon want some kind of popular, fashionable style. These stylists do this for a living, which means they need steady customers, and the best steady customers are the ones with hair that needs lots of upkeep. When a long hair walks into a salon, we're an anomaly. If a stylist doesn't appreciate working with something different, then move on.

Upside Down
September 9th, 2013, 01:28 PM
I think someone should have complained to the supervisor.
it's one thing to do something wrong out of ignorance but another to be rude.

Unicorn
September 9th, 2013, 01:35 PM
I have anger issues too, although I am non-violent. I just don't see how anyone could just SIT THERE while you feel that your hair is being destroyed! You certainly don't have to hit anyone or even yell, but I have two feet and I know where the door is. Why do people just endure what they know they don't want? And they know they are going to pay for it! I read story after story on this board of unpleasant experiences at the salon, but has anybody every said "Stop! I'm leaving."?

I have.

It took me around 5 years to grow out from pixie to to shoulder length as I reached for a pair of scissors at the end of each windy day. I finally got it long enough to put up, when I went for a trim. The hairdresser mad one snip, then was about to make the second when I noticed the angle of the scissors meant he'd be cutting my (approximately) 6 inches down to no more than 3". I also noticed glances being exchanged between him and another stylist, in which she was encouraging him to "go for it". In a split second it became clear that he was inexperienced, possibly a trainee.

I pulled away an said "stop". commented on how much he was cutting and said I was leaving and unwilling to pay anything as he clearly didn't know how to handle my hair and appeared to be a trainee. I had been in prior to my appointment and explained that most hairdressers find my thick hair difficult to handle, so did they have anyone experienced with thick hair? They assured me that the person they booked me with, had such experience. I gave them time to object to my refusal to pay, they accepted the none payment. Perhaps because I didn't attempt to keep my voice down, so in this relatively small salon, all the customers were fully versed with what was happening.

Unicorn

Unofficial_Rose
September 9th, 2013, 01:53 PM

I might be able to shed some light on this one. Basically,that first cut, when they cut off a big wodge of hair when you have asked for a trim it is a) a bit late - damage is done, and b) the experience is so shocking you actually cannot move, or say anything, or do anything. Seriously.

Applegirl84
September 9th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I've always been disappointed with salons. It seems like they are always trying to discourage long hair :shrug:

UltraBella
September 9th, 2013, 02:02 PM
I've always been disappointed with salons. It seems like they are always trying to discourage long hair :shrug:

I think it can depend on where you live too, long hair is quite common here. I've traveled other places and barely seen any long haired people at all.

melusine963
September 9th, 2013, 03:19 PM
My hair is now longer than what is conventional over here (well past waist) and it inspires either admiration (rare) or horror/disgust (more common). I can't risk being at the disposal of someone who doesn't value my hair as I do.

This was my experience the last time I went to a salon (over two years ago). The stylist was professional enough not to say anything directly, but she couldn't hide her scowl. Thank goodness for the LHC and feye's self-trim method.

PamelaViktoria
September 9th, 2013, 06:19 PM
Yikes! But usually long hair girl's are more protective of their hair. Maybe she was trying something different...hope her hair recovers.
It reminds me...the reason I started cutting my hair was having hairdressers combing through my wet hair, not from the bottom, but from the top.

wrh452
September 9th, 2013, 07:07 PM
I have seen this happen when I was i cosmetology school. Some girls think they know everything, but they don't. There is a reason why 50% of cosmetologists quit within 2 years.

blondecat
September 10th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I have left after the first *snip*

Yes, I left with a wedge of hair way shorter than the rest. but, I was able to hide it in and amongst the still long hair.

I was lucky I left, when I did.

Or it would have been shorter than my collar (that's where the snip was)

It took years to grow that * mistake * out

UltraBella
September 10th, 2013, 12:19 AM
I have seen this happen when I was i cosmetology school. Some girls think they know everything, but they don't. There is a reason why 50% of cosmetologists quit within 2 years.

50% ?? I've been in this industry for over 10 years and own two salons, I've never heard a percentage that high.

TheVegan6
September 23rd, 2013, 05:37 PM
I got botched coloring this one time. The only time I went to a salon and got my hair cut correctly. The color was bright orange! Good thing I was only getting highlights. Now, I go to a friend's to get my hair trimmed. She cuts off what I ask.:soapbox:

cathair
September 23rd, 2013, 06:15 PM
After that, she gets her back, blowfries her hair in sections with the same nasty brush. The poor women endures this hot air and she tries to tell her to put it on a lower setting. The student ignores her...

How awful. What if she had been burnt? Some blowfryers are really really hot, I had one that pretty much set fire to my clothing before, it melted while I was wearing it. IMO that is pretty dangerous. It could have actually been hurting her, which just makes it all so much worse :/

Islandgrrl
September 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
It was in a seedy part of town with students most likely coming from a very low income bracket.

Wow, that's quite an assumption.

akilina
September 23rd, 2013, 06:46 PM
Wow, that's quite an assumption.
Yeah not trying to meddle in negativity but sorry, this really bothered me. I went to this school and it's costing me 21,000 dollars plus interest. Low income? $&%* yeah, I wish.
Soo, low "income bracket" already means that you suck pretty much and are looked down on?

Islandgrrl
September 23rd, 2013, 06:55 PM
It bothered me, too. Which is why I said something.

Low income bracket does not equal scum of the earth. There are people of excellent character on both sides of the tracks.

Sorry for the hijack.

kmcg
September 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Wow, horrified is the right word. I cannot handle it when young adults and teenagers are rude to older people just because they think they can get away with it. It's beyond uncool. My friends and I talk about 'grandma karma', you treat older members of your community the way you want someone to treat your grandmother (and you when you're gettin' up in years).
I've never gone to a beauty school for more than a pedicure. A couple of years ago a woman I trust (who also tends to be snobby about beauty care) starting going to Floyd's Barbershop for cuts. Her hair looked awesome and she was pleased. So I gave it go and found a hair dresser I love. I've been going to her for at least 2 years now. She tends to be too cautious. But hearing the stories that isn't a ligament complaint. Anyway, I would have never previously thought to go to a barbershop but I'm glad I did. Sure the clients are mostly guys but I can get a trim and styling for under $30!

kmcg
September 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM
Dangit, stupid typos. "She tends to be too cautious, but hearing the stories that isn't a legitimate complaint."
I hate that I can't edit!