PDA

View Full Version : So... who else has a crush on their hair?

Marbid
September 7th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Ok so this is really strange kinda thing that is going on with me lately. I think I have a crush on my hair.

It's not very long, but I put it in a french braid for the first time in a long time, and the braid is long enough to go around my shoulder. \

So here I am touching it and swinging my braid... Daydreaming for the day when I have really long hair. Smiling to myself like a fool while I play with my hair. I feel like a girl with a crush.... The only problem is, the subject is just my hair. I've always loved my hair a bit more than normal. But when I noticed how I was acting....... this is kinda weird. At least I think so. I mean, I really am daydreaming about long hair all day and smiling to myself and swinging my head around like some kind of tv commercial.

I feel silly.

Am I weird? Or is this a common occurrence within the long hair community to love their hair this much?

lapushka
September 7th, 2013, 04:30 PM
I think it's great if you're happy with your hair, however you choose to express it. I don't do or experience what you do, but I do feel quite a bit of contentment when I'm happy with my hair.

GrowingGlory
September 7th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I do. My hair is healthy, barely exposed to the sun, with virtually no splits or breakage. It shines with vitality and is full of volume. It is naturally auburn with gleaming metallic strands of gold, silver and copper. I take good care of it and intend to grow it out to its terminal length.

PamelaViktoria
September 7th, 2013, 05:02 PM
Ok so this is really strange kinda thing that is going on with me lately. I think I have a crush on my hair.

It's not very long, but I put it in a french braid for the first time in a long time, and the braid is long enough to go around my shoulder. \

So here I am touching it and swinging my braid... Daydreaming for the day when I have really long hair. Smiling to myself like a fool while I play with my hair. I feel like a girl with a crush.... The only problem is, the subject is just my hair. I've always loved my hair a bit more than normal. But when I noticed how I was acting....... this is kinda weird. At least I think so. I mean, I really am daydreaming about long hair all day and smiling to myself and swinging my head around like some kind of tv commercial.

I feel silly.

Am I weird? Or is this a common occurrence within the long hair community to love their hair this much?

Not weird at all. I love to swing my side to side, getting air into it. It feels so fun, makes my hair even fluffier - so it looks even nicer - and has the added benefit of moving lymph ourt of your face haha:)
I usually find myself feeling the smoothness of my hair. Kind of like having a cat that calms you down:)

Marbid
September 7th, 2013, 05:34 PM
completely agree with you pamela. Pettin nice fluffly hair is like petting a cat. So calm and relaxing.

Quixii
September 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I think I've long passed the "crush" stage and am simply in love with it. :rolling:

hafattack
September 7th, 2013, 06:23 PM
Me too. I love my hair. I am going to marry it! :)

Lillybelle
September 7th, 2013, 08:04 PM
I was just wondering the same thing a few days ago. My hair just reached waist length and I've been flicking it softly around, giggling when it brushes my elbows, and feeling its softness with the back of my hand. I can't stop doing it when it's down. It makes me feel giddy. You're right, it's a hair crush!

Marbid
September 7th, 2013, 09:56 PM
me too. when I'm sitting down slouched and with my legs crossed my hair reaches my thighs. I like to drown in the illusion that I have ultra long hair. lol. Then I stand up straight and its just the waist. Oh well.

I think we all need these little illusions and giddiness to make us look forward to the day when it is truly long.

Neneka
September 8th, 2013, 02:43 AM
It's my baby. I feel so bad because I have harmed it with bleach although there is no splits or anything. Now it's in a therapy and I try to fix it's traumas with oils and conditioner. My poor hair.

koko
September 8th, 2013, 04:06 AM
I read your posts and recognise mysef in it :) I have always had short hair and now I finally enjoy in feeling of hair falling down my back :love: As far as Im concerned, I`s nothing to be ashamed of don`t you think?

Silver Sister
September 8th, 2013, 05:13 AM
Agree with Pamela: "I usually find myself feeling the smoothness of my hair. Kind of like having a cat that calms you down."

I find it very calming to gently comb it and stroke it.

Stray_mind
September 8th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Cont me in. My hair is relatively short and i can't wait for them to get long, to get rid of all the chemical damage, be soft as a silk and shine bright like a diamond :D

gillybeanxo3921
September 8th, 2013, 06:34 AM
ME. I love my hair. It's like a security blanket, I love petting it. It comforts me.

Besides that, I love love love admiring it in the mirror, and looking at length pictures is my favorite.

I still have a bit of damage, but I will be going in for a trim soon. I'm scared! I'm going to ask for an inch, but I'm probably going to loose more like 1.5 or 2. Ugh I don't know If I'm ready for this! I need it, but I don't want it at all.

Stray_mind
September 8th, 2013, 06:41 AM
Don't worry. You can show the hairdresser how much you want to be cut. I think he'll/she'll understand.

PamelaViktoria
September 9th, 2013, 06:54 PM
completely agree with you pamela. Pettin nice fluffly hair is like petting a cat. So calm and relaxing.

but kind of weird no?

Nae
September 9th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Not really a crush. More of a love/hate relationship most days lol.

PetuniaBlossom
September 9th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I love my hair, too. The moment when I take out the hair stick and my hair falls softly down around me is pure bliss.
It feels good, it smells good, it's just a great joy.
:crush:

Kitten1030
September 9th, 2013, 07:36 PM
I wish.I'm still just trying to make peace with mine but I'm seriously crushing on all your hairs here.

ExpectoPatronum
September 9th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Mine is now starting to just brush past my sleeves on short sleeved shirts. It makes me happy whenever I feel it tickle my arm! My hair is starting to get past BSL, so I'm excited for how it's going to feel at longer lengths.

rosey4exclaim
September 9th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Oh yes, my hair is like another lover. Even my partner, who loves my hair, doesn't quite understand my feelings for it. x3

jacqueline101
September 9th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I've started noticing the times I wear mine down I like the feel of it swooshing around and reaching areas it never reached before.

Selchie
September 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I have no clue if this is normal, but I'm just like you, hahahaha.
:heart: so many feelings :heart:

Marbid
September 10th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Weather it's "normal" or not does not matter. Look at it this way... It is us creepy hair petters whose hair gets the envy of all those fried heads. Until those fried heads become creepy hair petters too. lol. You don't have to be a creepy hair petter, but you get my point. It's all in the love.