PDA

View Full Version : how should i measure my hair

hannabiss
September 7th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I ask because it has all been shaven off and is now the same length i do not plan on cuts or trims for a long time so can I measure from the back or is the top the best way?

Nae
September 7th, 2013, 03:08 PM
The recommended way to measure is from your hairline at your forehead straight back over your head. It may seem weird if you have shaved your head but your length is probably close to 10-12 inches already.

lapushka
September 7th, 2013, 03:25 PM
The recommended way to measure is from your hairline at your forehead straight back over your head.

This is *the* way to measure because it gives you the same (fixed) starting point every time, so the measurements are more correct.

Nique1202
September 7th, 2013, 03:30 PM
Yes, as Nae pointed out, you'd still measure over the head from the hairline. My hair is 14 inches from front to back hairline, so you've got a head start! This way, too, you'll measure just the length down your back from the hairline. It's a more consistent way of measuring, basically.

hannabiss
September 7th, 2013, 03:38 PM
I meant my hair was the same length all over

hannabiss
September 7th, 2013, 03:40 PM
I meant my hair is same length allover my hair is a little more than half and inch each strand

Nae
September 7th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Yeah but that is still how you would measure. Forehead hairline to the hair right above your neck.