PDA

View Full Version : Salt Sea Water and wavy/curly hair!

daredevil14
September 7th, 2013, 05:53 AM
Ok so basically my hair is mostly wavy/curly between 2C and 3A with an inside area of a very rough texture which I learned to tame a bit with oil. Anyway, I just came back from my first swim in the sea this season and I can say that: my hair is a bit drier, however all the curls are now perfect beach waves with 0 flyways/loss of definition/whatever... but my rough texture area turned out into a full-blown poofy frizz! The "good" section of my hair turned out better and the "bad" section turned out worse!

How can I explain this?

Firefox7275
September 7th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Different porosity/ thickness.

daredevil14
September 7th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Different porosity/ thickness.

I see. Well then, what is really the porosity of that rough texture area? For the wavy/curly and most of my hair areas, it's obviously healthy with no issues either when wet (completely wet and curly) or dry (shiny and curly).

What is the porosity of that rough area? I am confused between low and high because well, it can NEVER get wet (low?) but again, it's is very rough to feel and some "stuff" is, as I can see and feel, obviously raised (high?). I am going to try an ACV rinse on that strand only.

Firefox7275
September 7th, 2013, 01:30 PM
I see. Well then, what is really the porosity of that rough texture area? For the wavy/curly and most of my hair areas, it's obviously healthy with no issues either when wet (completely wet and curly) or dry (shiny and curly).

What is the porosity of that rough area? I am confused between low and high because well, it can NEVER get wet (low?) but again, it's is very rough to feel and some "stuff" is, as I can see and feel, obviously raised (high?). I am going to try an ACV rinse on that strand only.

Maybe have a hair analysis
http://pedaheh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/goosefootprints-hair-analysis-with-my.html
http://www.etsy.com/listing/158218594/hair-analysis-physical-properties-of