PDA

View Full Version : Why does my hair act so short!?!?

me_random
September 6th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Hi,
I'm a bit frustrated with my hair at the moment, it's type 2b/ ii/iii, and waist/hip length (i'm 5'11"),

and I can't seem to be able to do any of the styles (even those for shorter hair), because I just run out of hair to style :(

maybe when I get to classic+.... (ahh... why does it grow so slowly!!??!)

Or am I doing something wrong/weird?

Thanks in advance :)

neko_kawaii
September 6th, 2013, 05:22 PM
The curse of thicker hair.

Have you tried a Disc Bun?

spidermom
September 6th, 2013, 05:23 PM
You must be doing something wrong/weird.

I've been able to style my ii/iii wavy hair a variety of ways since about armpit length. Maybe you're trying the wrong styles? (I really have no idea.)

XcaliburGirl
September 6th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Thicker hair does make it harder, but you should still be able to do some buns. Can you give us an example of a style that failed even though you expected to work?

My hair is a similar texture and thickness. I can do a pencil bun and a cinnamon bun at APL.

me_random
September 6th, 2013, 05:46 PM
After playing around trying a couple of different YT tutorials, i think it might be because of damage... (not from styling, but for a while I had it in a ponytail with those elastics (even though they were scrunchies) all the time, and I didn't take the greatest care of it for a few years :( (bad me, BAD!! no chocolate for you!), so i'll probably just have to wait and see.... (and in the meantime follow the tips here...)

me_random
September 6th, 2013, 05:50 PM
Thicker hair does make it harder, but you should still be able to do some buns. Can you give us an example of a style that failed even though you expected to work?

My hair is a similar texture and thickness. I can do a pencil bun and a cinnamon bun at APL.

I can do basic buns, which work pretty well, (at least i can get it to stay until i shake my head without a hairstick), and a wrap-type (make loop with hair around fingers, and wrap rest around (gets about 2-3 wraps and then runs out.)

Nae
September 6th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Watch this, this will help. I suspect your hair it too thick for a lot of styles. This is our very own Torrinpage with a tutorial on how to deal with your very problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZvXrEOfJ4w&feature=youtu.be

me_random
September 6th, 2013, 06:05 PM
after following the tutorial for the cinnamon bun, i ended up with this - http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b491/me_random/ac7a5763-68ea-459e-abfe-fd916093158c_zps501aaf64.jpg
(the stick is my own creation/design.. i can't afford the pretty ones, plus my hair would probably eat them :P )

which.chick
September 6th, 2013, 07:00 PM
TorrinPaige is like my YouTube hero. She's so clear and easy to follow. Plus, her hair is lovely.