PDA

View Full Version : Tails up: help for flop?

caren
September 6th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Tails up has been my go to for-what-seems-like-ever. Now that I am past APL, though, any toy I use to hold a tails up is too "low," in that it holds my hair up, but the ends kind of flop over so it looks like a weird doubled pony.
Is this the new world order? Have I outgrown tails up? Is there a better toy than a jaw clip or flexi that is "taller"? Is there a twisting trick you have learned?

I loved wearing my hair like that. I am lazy (!), and it was so much easier and more comfy than a bun.

woolyleprechaun
September 6th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Just start tucking the ends in, like a roll, or French twist, whatever it is :) That's what I evolved to at your length...

caren
September 6th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Ah! I overlook the obvious. TY Wooly.
PS: your hair is amazing! I love the color and the super strong hemline (/drools)

browneyedsusan
September 6th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Tuck the ends like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHQwLBvwoZE
(I have to tuck mine or I don't have enough hair to make it hold. --another 1 1/2" to APL--)

woolyleprechaun
September 6th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ah! I overlook the obvious. TY Wooly.
PS: your hair is amazing! I love the color and the super strong hemline (/drools)
:blossom: Why thank you!
You haven't overlooked the obvious; it's oddly difficult to evolve styles as you grow out of them... I remember that at APL, peacock twists/ tails up were flopping, so I went to the roll thingy with a flexi. Plus, spin pins were my friend when discovering buns :) I moved on to sticks at around BSL. Hope that helps!

PrincessBob
September 6th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Have you looked into comfy combs? (https://www.comfycombs.com//) (based on the African Butterfly Comb, but much less expensive, and no beads to get tangled) There was just a thread on these in the hair products and accessories board. It might work for keeping the spray of the tails up neat at your length.

jacqueline101
September 6th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Sounds interesting the combs that is I'd try them.