PDA

View Full Version : I Need to Wash My Hair Almost Daily, How Should I Approach This?

ChristmasFnatic
September 5th, 2013, 05:24 AM
Hello ladies with gorgeous hair...

I tried to follow the advice here, to wash hair 1-2 a week, but I just cant. I go to the gym 3x a week, then Jiu Jitsu 3x a week as well. My hair becomes sweaty from rolling with other guys or laying down on benches thats been used by other guys. lol. So of course I want to wash it.

So how do I do this? Should I apply conditioner/shampoo every time? How about coconut oil? Still 1-2 a week? My hair is just... dry. But again, dont want the feeling if it being unwashed esp after such activities.

THANKS!

Firefox7275
September 5th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Could you lay your head on a sweat towel when you are using gym benches, then still wash your hair after Jiu Jitsu? You should not need to shampoo each time, conditioner only washing will easily shift sweat and sebum, dry shampoo is also useful. But do be aware the act of soaking in water is damaging (hygral fatigue).

What are your hair properties, are you sure it's dehydrated (lacking in water) not coarse, damaged or with mineral/ product build up? When did you last chelate?

spidermom
September 5th, 2013, 06:38 AM
Do what you have to do. Pretty much everything can damage hair, but it has to go where you go and do what you do, so live your life and don't stress if your hair isn't perfect.

sarahthegemini
September 5th, 2013, 06:49 AM
If you have to wash it daily, just try to do it the most gentle way. You could heavily dilute your usual shampoo, or you could try sulfate free, or you could do a pre-wash oiling (perhaps with coconut oil) a couple times a week. Make sure whenever you shampoo, you follow up with condish. You could even try co-washing or cwc-ing. There are lots of possibilities :)

henné
September 5th, 2013, 07:06 AM
You can try washing with water only most of the time and than 2-3 times per week with diluted shampoo. When I used to work out 6 days a week, I washed my hair 3 times per week - twice with water only and once with diluted shampoo and it was enough. And yes, I was very sweaty. But sweat doesn't necessarily equate dirt and it dries, so it really is not necessary to wash it every day as if it were dirty. Try different things and see where it takes you. But I really don't see a reason to shampoo every day. My scalp could never take that.

Good luck.

melusine963
September 5th, 2013, 10:25 AM
If your hair is just sweaty rather than actually greasy after the gym, I would try just rinsing it with water. Make sure the water isn't too hot as that can damage your hair (not to mention heat raises the hair's cuticles, making it rougher and more tangle-prone).

ChristmasFnatic
September 5th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Thanks girls!

And yeah I was thinking of not washing it everyday, or even using sweat towel in gym, but I just feel icky afterwards. lol. Seeing a lot of sweaty guys around, sometimes cant avoid but hit my hair with their arms, etc., esp if gym is full.

Ill try diluted shampoo I guess twice a week.

As of the coconut oil, should I use it in shampoo days or just co-wash?

As of my hair, its just so thin(by birth), and dry. I guess cuz I always shampoo it for the past 32 years.

THANKS AGAIN!!!