PDA

View Full Version : An article I found on the spiritual side of growning out your hair to its full length

DendrobiumGirl
September 5th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Hi !!
I found this article about the importance of growing your hair out to its full potential
its a bit funny but insightful. I think it is good reading.
I have never viewed hair growing in this way.
I must admit I tried the suggested brushing technique and found it really relaxing and therapeutic. I
have co-ordinated into my brushing routine. The rest hmm good read though
Enjoy:)
http://www.google.com.au/search?client=safari&hl=en&ei=S5gkUvfPJuujigef8IGgCw&q=long+hair+image&oq=long+hair+image&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3..0l5.6928.14669.0.16863.12.12.0.0.0.0.808.3 361.3-1j3j0j2.6.0....0...1c.1.26.mobile-gws-serp..6.6.3345.lck_IbwaZMc#miuv=14

Be interested in thoughts on this
Happy growing

DendrobiumGirl
September 5th, 2013, 04:56 AM
sorry this is the link wrong link above
http://galacticconnection.com/how-letting-your-hair-grow-long-can-stimulate-your-spirituality-and-health/

spidermom
September 5th, 2013, 06:47 AM
That was an enjoyable read; thank you for sharing it. While I don't agree with some of the details, I do agree with the overall tone of it. I know that my hair is more than dead fibers hanging off my head.

I've noticed that different styles give me a different feeling inside my brain. Yesterday my top-of-head sleep braid had slipped sideways and was pulling off the top right side of my scalp. I had such a wave of dizziness coming down the stairs that I had to sit down and let my hair loose. I felt instantly better. My hair won't stay on top of my head during the day, though. The creator gave me very slippery hair!

Steven's Bride
September 5th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Wow, that was interesting to read. It makes me wonder how they knew that your "antennas" took three years to regrow from the time they were last cut :)

I think that the cultural significance has been lost in the face of fashion. It was really interesting to learn about how the slaves had their hair cut to rob them of power.

Great things to think about. I wish there were more resources about hair (before it was just fashion). Things like the reasons behind the fashion, and the cultures and practices of the time.

Hairitic
September 5th, 2013, 09:43 AM
This is pretty interesting and makes me think more seriously about growing to terminal length.

The only conundrum: Do I also let my beard and mustache grow :confused: shudder: :p

pogo0685
September 5th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Very cool story to read, I already had planned to pretty much never cut my hair again... well maybe it will need a trim but for the most part this was right up my ally :D Thanks for sharing! My DH and both my boys are growing their hair out right now.

Othala
September 5th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Do I also let me beard ad mustache grow :confused: shudder: :p

Ha ha! Yes of course you should in order to be in the form that god made you.

Please post photos if you do!

Marbid
September 5th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Ha ha! Yes of course you should in order to be in the form that god made you.

Please post photos if you do!

No, no I disagree..... I also have a beard and mustache sadly. very sadly. I will let my hair grow terminal. But those other things are not meant to be there. That was my body's mistake. Total mistake. Just as much a mistake as my body's natural cycle not being natural.

I say cut of the beard and mustache. They don't belong there. The hair on top of your head, yes, the rest is a mistake. Mistake I say.

woodswanderer
September 5th, 2013, 02:52 PM
Ok, hair! Newsflash....you are at tailbone...so where is my extra vitality and tranquility? :cheese:

alexis917
September 5th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Thanks, this was really fascinating!

nakima
September 5th, 2013, 03:51 PM
what a great read thank you. its funny because when I was young....er :) my hair was at hips then over the years I kept it abt apl until the past 2or3 years I started growing again I am now almost to hips again in the back and I am finally feeling like myself again. I know that may sound funny but it is what it is.

Anabell
September 5th, 2013, 05:02 PM
It was very interesting to read. Thanks for sharing. It is interesting to read how hair treated in old traditions, and nice to see how respectively they treat hair. There couple of things that I don't agree with, though. I have to admit that it was tempting to grow my hair to terminal, but for now I just keep monthly trim it to improve my hemline.

Vrindi
September 5th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Interesting article. I don't agree with not trimming splits, or the ends of your hairs having antennae that take 3 years to grow back if you trim a split though. But, whatever.

akilina
September 5th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks for posting :)

Edit: I agree with others but this article sort of gives me a new inspiration to grow, also maybe a new inspiration to wear my hair up more :p although, I couldn't go without trims, I guess my antennae will have to wallow in their underdeveloped stupor ;)

jacqueline101
September 5th, 2013, 06:11 PM
It's a good article I like it.

sarah112786
September 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM
Thanks for posting that article. It's always interesting to hear different perspectives on hair :)

gthlvrmx
September 5th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I wonder what the Pleiadians have to say about this since this is coming from a galacticconnection website XD That's funny.
But I'm unsure how to trust a lot of this stuff, hair is hair alrite and that is up to the individual how to see it spiritual or not. It's a nice belief though i see my hair as very spiritual it connects me to my native american ancestors and roots :)

But still some of the new age stuff is very...odd.

So far my hair has not made me more psychic XD I can sense more from my pinky than i can from the ends of my hair :p At least i think so.

DendrobiumGirl
September 7th, 2013, 07:17 PM
I am wondering what hair antenae look like too..
anyone not cut their hair for 3 years that can give insight into what their antenae ends look like?
Have they noticed an energetic change also?
Could this be why children cry at their first haircut..? I
I wonder if males with long beards get antenae ha image of an old japenese sensei standing still amongst mountain peaks and holding a samurai sword comes to mind with a stupendously long wispy ended goatie.. gently floating in the breeze
antenae owners please enlighten us :)

Lindseyh
September 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
This was neat, now I'm curious.

furnival
September 8th, 2013, 03:18 AM
“When the hair on your head is allowed to attain its full, mature length, then phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin D are all produced, and enter the lymphatic fluid, and eventually the spinal fluid through the two ducts on the top of the brain. This ionic change creates more efficient memory and leads to greater physical energy, improved stamina, and patience.”

Would anybody who's into this kind of thing care to convince me that this isn't the vague pseudo-scientific bunkum that it appears to be?
What, exactly, produces the phosphorous, calcium and vitamin D? Where is it? Why does it not work until our hair reaches terminal? Are bald people, alopecia sufferers and skinheads more likely to suffer deficiencies of the above nutrients?

"The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland"
Er... No they're not. The bones in the forehead are very dense and function to protect the skull cavity.

I firmly believe that everyone has the right to believe whatever they want about the spiritual aspects of their hair, but not to mislead others by making vaguely scientific-sounding statements in an attempt to give their ideas more credibility.

DendrobiumGirl
September 8th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Great reading everyones opinions and observations:) does anyone know any other spiritual hair beliefs?

kitemera15
September 9th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Great reading everyones opinions and observations:) does anyone know any other spiritual hair beliefs?

There is an old belief that women can weave the fates of man by braiding their hair- the more hair to you have to braid, the more you can influence fate-- I can't remember the origin of this though

DendrobiumGirl
September 9th, 2013, 05:22 AM
There is an old belief that women can weave the fates of man by braiding their hair- the more hair to you have to braid, the more you can influence fate-- I can't remember the origin of this though

Thats a lovely belief odly I felt somewhat serene after reading it..thank you for sharing:)

clioariane
September 11th, 2013, 03:16 PM
“When the hair on your head is allowed to attain its full, mature length, then phosphorous, calcium, and vitamin D are all produced, and enter the lymphatic fluid, and eventually the spinal fluid through the two ducts on the top of the brain. This ionic change creates more efficient memory and leads to greater physical energy, improved stamina, and patience.”

Would anybody who's into this kind of thing care to convince me that this isn't the vague pseudo-scientific bunkum that it appears to be?
What, exactly, produces the phosphorous, calcium and vitamin D? Where is it? Why does it not work until our hair reaches terminal? Are bald people, alopecia sufferers and skinheads more likely to suffer deficiencies of the above nutrients?

"The bones in the forehead are porous and function to transmit light to the pineal gland"
Er... No they're not. The bones in the forehead are very dense and function to protect the skull cavity.

I firmly believe that everyone has the right to believe whatever they want about the spiritual aspects of their hair, but not to mislead others by making vaguely scientific-sounding statements in an attempt to give their ideas more credibility.
Yeah I'm with you. Not even remotely convinced that those statements are true. Where's the scientific research behind this?

aprilshowers
August 27th, 2018, 04:02 PM
That was a very interesting article. Thank you for sharing. I think there is some validity to the article. It makes me think of when I was a young girl and I would go get a hair cut, I would always be so upset after. I would cry afterwards and the hair stylist would have only taken off an inch, but nevertheless I was always sad. My mom would always have us get regular hair cuts just because. I never grew out my hair when I was a kid longer than APL. I think we

MusicalSpoons
August 27th, 2018, 05:19 PM
This was an interesting thread to be resurrected!

Absolutely this.

All spiritistic reasons aside, hair giving more energy would be awesome but my experience is the exact opposite - my hair is the longest it's ever been, and I genuinely have the least energy I've ever had, thanks to chronic illness. Of course I haven't tried the brushing/combing routine but I can *guarantee* I would feel more exhausted afterwards because my muscles just wouldn't last long enough to function afterwards :lol:

Ylva
August 27th, 2018, 06:42 PM

I agree wholeheartedly.

leayellena
August 28th, 2018, 01:54 AM
I read this wonderful article before. yes, I trully believe every word of it. I am growing my hair too to its terminal :)

Lady Stardust
August 28th, 2018, 04:46 AM
Oh the urge to quote Withnail and I is too strong...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=is4whIJRP80

elfynity
August 28th, 2018, 06:27 AM
" if you choose to cut your hair, you not only lose this extra energy and nourishment, but your body must then provide a great amount of vital energy and nutrients to continually re-grow the missing hair"

I like what he said here - I can believe that when we hit terminal length, that our bodies maintain our hair instead of trying so hard to grow it.

I love it how they give hair such a spiritual importance, even if I don't really believe alot of it, I can respect and appreciate that they do. I like to believe my hair is a spiritual part of my being in a way. It does seem special somehow.

Chromis
August 28th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Didn't realize this was a zombie thread at first, so I went looking for the other "antennae" thread to go and merge them. Until I just realized that was this one and the one I was thinking of was a completely different article.

But since I have that up, if you like this sort of thing, you will also probably enjoy these:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125315&highlight=antennae
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=35653&highlight=antennae
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=78536&page=11&highlight=native+american

Duchess Fuzzy Buns
August 28th, 2018, 06:26 PM
Even if it's not "true" (about hair being a cosmic antenna and all that), it's interesting that so many different cultures ascribe such spiritual significance to hair.

illicitlizard
August 29th, 2018, 08:42 PM
Oh my goodness... I mean it's interesting to hear what other societies thought about the significance of hair, but everything else just sounded like absolute claptrap.

It's so frustrating to see these kinds of sites misuse vaguely scientific words to lend legitimacy to their ideas. Like believe what you want, but don't pretend there is evidence behind your beliefs when there is none. Just because an ancient society thought something was true (before the Chemicals and Bad Things took over our lives or whatever) does not make it so! It's just wrong on so many levels.

Dark40
August 29th, 2018, 09:02 PM
This is an enjoyable reading! Thank you for sharing!

Longlegs
August 29th, 2018, 09:27 PM
I think growing out your grey hair can be 'spritual' as well