PDA

View Full Version : Is this breakage or new hairs?

glitterbug
September 4th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Hi all!

Today I did my usual cinnabun (the only bun I do) I alternate between english braid,dutch braids and a bun.

Anyway, I saw some short hairs and some mediumish long hairs poking out of the centre of the bun. I just wondered is that new growth or is that snapped hairs? Its hard to see the ends (obviously as the bun is at the back of my head)

What do you guys think?

NuclearApple
September 4th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I think it's both,some breakage and some new growth...it's hard to tell what is the majority,I think it's baby hairs :)

QMacrocarpa
September 5th, 2013, 07:14 AM
I would assume new growth. We all have lots and lots of hairs that are shorter than our current maximum length, it's just part of having strands of hair with overlapping terms of office (which is a good thing, it means we don't shed all our hair at once!).

HylianGirl
September 5th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Check the ends of those hairs, if they are tapered, it's probably new growth, if it's not, or if it's on slit ends, it's probably breakage.

spidermom
September 5th, 2013, 09:49 AM
I vote probably a combination of new hairs and some breakage. I know I break a hair or two (I can hear the SNAP!) several times a week when I'm combing, brushing, braiding, or bunning. So there's breakage, no doubt about that, but the shorter stuff is probably mostly new hairs. Unless you're hearing a lot of snapping, I would guess most of yours is new hairs, too.