PDA

View Full Version : I need some inspiration!

kaned_ferret
September 4th, 2013, 11:42 AM
My hair, after a 3 year journey, has got from a pixie down to nearly bsl, and now I have decided it's time to do a bit of shaping as right now I'm mostly suffering from triangle head! I am a natural redhead boosted by henna and have very thick, coarse hair.. this is a recent pic (having been styled using sleep-in rollers the night before):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/533219_10151542786616650_1485239573_n.jpg

And this is my hair during drying au naturelle:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v520/kaned_ferret/P1010135.jpg

So my question is this - anyone got any ideas as to what I should do cut wise? I don't want to lose length as obviously my goal is to grow, but right now I'm thinking of throwing some choppy laters in, the shortest being around ear level, and fixing my fringe (bangs for those of you over the pond) as right now it's a bit all over the place from self-trims. I'm also edging towards having it so it goes more towards a v-shaped hemline rather than the straight across.

Would love any pics for inspiration if you've got em! :o

jacqueline101
September 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I'd get some bangs simple fix for hair boredom.

spidermom
September 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM
A little light layering can do wonders to break up the triangle look. But don't let the layering go too deep or your ends will be very thin.

goldenlady
September 4th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I don't think its needs cutting at all.. I love straight hem-lines and think they make hair look longer and thicker.. Recently cut an inch off mine to get it from a V to straight and people have actually commented saying my hairs gotten long.. :s...

I adore your hair as it is.

jrmviola
September 4th, 2013, 03:59 PM
I second :D your hair is beautiful just as it is!

Hootenanny
September 4th, 2013, 06:52 PM
I wouldn't change anything, frankly. When I was at Apl, I got the kind of layers you are thinking about (the shortest at ear to chin, when curly) and I regret it now. Layers, to me at least, make hair look shorter and less full. Your hair looks stunning right now, just as it is. If you really want layers, I wouldn't have the shortest be anything less than Apl. if you really want a change, you could try something non-permanent for a while, like new updos or styling?

CurlyCap
September 4th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Can we see a pic from the front? To evaluate the triangel head. XD

I ask because at BSL I got VERY frustrated and considered going in for layers. Then I grew another 3 inches and things self corrected. I'm very happy I didn't go in for the cut!

Crumpet
September 4th, 2013, 07:09 PM
We think your hair is gorgeous, but you should do what makes you happy. I would suggest doing something that isn't to drastic and then take it from there...perhaps dip dye the ends or do a cassia treatment to get some slightly different but easily reversible colour?

Leeloo
September 4th, 2013, 07:23 PM
I think wavy hair looks great in long layers.

kaned_ferret
September 6th, 2013, 01:11 AM
I'll take some pics when I get back from work today to show triangle head from the front :)