PDA

View Full Version : What is your goal hair length ? and when do you want to achieve it ? :)

stephy190
September 3rd, 2013, 04:32 AM
Mine is over chest level.. like just past my boobs.. and I should get there in 5 months with regular trims of a cm every 6 weeks :D
Mine is just above boob level lol

hafattack
September 3rd, 2013, 05:59 AM
I am growing to terminal, which is whenever my hair stops growing and could be anywhere. I predict that it is somewhere midthigh, I would be amazed, and maybe delighted or maybe annoyed if it reached knee

NuclearApple
September 3rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
my current goal is classic,but I wouldn't mind a midthigh or a knee :)

sarahthegemini
September 3rd, 2013, 06:05 AM
My goal is BSL, I'm only an inch or so past shoulder. I was hoping to be at my goal by Christmas but my hair is growing so slowly :(

XcaliburGirl
September 3rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
My main goal is Waist by my 30th birthday next September.

My longer goal is Hip, just becuase I don't see myself stopping at waist. I remember really liking hip length. I don't have a particular time-frame though.

Becky9679
September 3rd, 2013, 06:08 AM
My eventual goal is terminal - I have no idea how long this will take and no idea where terminal will be on me but honesly I'll be happy so long as it's anywhere past classic. As you can see from my siggy pic classic isn't far away, fingers crossed for the end of the year!

millyaulait
September 3rd, 2013, 06:12 AM
Solid waist by 2014! :D

AMD
September 3rd, 2013, 06:21 AM
Hip by December 2014

daredevil14
September 3rd, 2013, 06:29 AM
My goal is waist-length!

I have wavy/curly hair which shrinks so currently I am at APL (when dry) and BSL (when wet), I've been growing my hair for 3 years now (out of a regular guy short haircut), I think that I still need the same period ~ 3 more years!

Arien
September 3rd, 2013, 06:36 AM
I don't have an end goal as such... At the moment I am pushing towards waist so that will be like a mini goal :)

MidnightHowl
September 3rd, 2013, 06:43 AM
My goal is hip. I've never had it that long as an adult. I hope to get there in roughly a year but I'd be happy with dec 2014.

Mindy
September 3rd, 2013, 07:00 AM
My goal right now is TBL. I expect to get there sometime in late 2014/early 2015 depending on how much I need to trim between now and then. I will probably go on to classic after that just to see how I like it, but I have a feeling TBL will be the sweet spot for me.

LadyCelestina
September 3rd, 2013, 07:42 AM
My minigoal is absolutely and completely solid waist by 2014,so that even at it's curliest,my hair must be at least waist.

Vivalagina
September 3rd, 2013, 10:26 AM
My ultimate goal is hip length. I am thinking another 2 years because I have a long torso and am trimming off old layers and bleach.

lazuliblue
September 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Waist length....and I'm 2 inches from APL! I think I worked out it should take 2 years....or maybe it was 3. I'm sincerely hoping it's 2 :p

AmyBeth
September 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
My goal when I started was hip. Now that I'm there, I've decided I want to get to terminal length, which in my pre-LHC days was just past hip with really pathetic ends. I know that with proper care, I'm nowhere near terminal so I believe I will get too at least classic! For me that is so HUGE!! I grew my hair for 25+ years and could never get past hip. I think I will get to classic in 2 years at the rate I'm growing and trimming. I know it sounds counter-productive, but my hair really grows faster and better with microtrims.

PastelAngel
September 3rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Waist length by January, just in time for my birthday :D. It might be a crap shoot but I'm at a little past BSL now and my hair tends to grow pretty quickly.

chen bao jun
September 3rd, 2013, 11:15 AM
Waist length by June 2015, which will look like bra strap on me. I believe that at that point, I will have a mid back length braid.
I already reached my initial goal, which was bra strap length stretched and it looks like full shoulder. I reached it faster than I hope (I was hoping to have it by December 2013), but I hoped it would look like APL and it doesn't. I believe that when I reach mid-back (sometime next year) I will hopefully look like APL.
That's as long as I am certain that my hair will grow. If I thought it could grow longer, I might aim for longer, depending on how convenient waist length turns out to be. My grandmother did have classic, but she had a different hairtype (I'm a 3c)

sabrinaclrke
September 3rd, 2013, 11:45 AM
My first mini goal is waist, then hip, then hopefully TBL. I've never had hair longer than APL in my whole life, not that I didn't want long hair, I just have never had it.
I'm hoping to reach BSL by Christmas this year, and hopefully waist by next Christmas. Maybe hip in 3 years? If my hair can even grow that length, I have no idea!
But I don't see why it couldn't, so I'll be waiting patiently :)

HintOfMint
September 3rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
My goal is Classic and as much as I'd like to have that length in a year, it will probably be in a year and a half to two years. Factoring in trims and possible thin ends exacerbated by hair that's already been thinned out at the salon, it may take even longer than that. I like layers, but my stylist overdid it last time, which is a shame. My hair is just above tailbone at the moment.

neko_kawaii
September 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Goal is terminal and I have no idea where that might be on me, but if my growth is average that could be around mid thigh in two more years. Why set a specific deadline for something that I have such little control over?

roboeyes
September 3rd, 2013, 12:06 PM
My current goal is waist, but after that I think I'll go for hip. I'm currently past BSL. My biggest things is that even though my hair hangs far down my back, I feel like it looks like there is a lot less when it is over my shoulders in the front, so I want perceived length from all angles.

I'm not sure when I can expect to be at waist... I suppose it depends on which waist I use! I presume I'll be well past waist and on my way to hip in a year. :)

jacqueline101
September 3rd, 2013, 12:17 PM
I want to reach tail bone. My next goal is mbl.

MadameV
September 3rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
My mini-goal was waist by my birthday in mid-March, but if it keeps going at the rate it has been (3/4" to 1" a month) I'll have it by mid-December. Classic eventually, but there's no deadline.

Cindershadow
September 3rd, 2013, 12:49 PM
I would love to have my hair reach knee-length, but if it reaches terminal before that, I think I'll be okay with it. Barring terminal, I should be to knee by my eighteenth birthday (two years).

Sharysa
September 3rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
My (minimum) goal is waist-length, and hopefully I'll reach it by December or January/February 2014.

littlemonster
September 3rd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Short term, waist. That was straight but if I'm a wavy/curlyhead, then I'm not sure how I'd define it then.

Long term, classic, at whatever straightness, waviness or curliness I have. Because I see a lot of girls with shoulder-APL, a fair few at BSL, the odd one at waist and very very rarely, longer. I was to be very rare and long.

spidermom
September 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Length is tailbone now; I'm growing until it stops on its own OR to tolerance. I can imagine being happy with mid thigh, but knee and beyond will probably be more trouble than it's worth. I'm willing to find out for sure, though.

battles
September 3rd, 2013, 01:08 PM
Goal length is tailbone at least.

I'm not worried about when I get there. I was in a huge rush last time around and experimented with everything and just ended up doing more damage, so I'm going to enjoy myself this time around and I'll get there when I get there.

shutterpillar
September 3rd, 2013, 01:32 PM
I am hoping to be at full TBL by the end of 2015. This is taking trimming off layers and damage into account. My mini-goal is to be at waist by December of this year. :)

nobeltonya
September 3rd, 2013, 01:40 PM
My goal so far is fingertips. It wouldn't have been much longer to reach it except I cut off about 3" yesterday. Now it'll be about 8-10 months. :disco:

gthlvrmx
September 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
Terminal! I want at least a infinity amount of hair. Really that. I wouldn't mind it if i could. I think 1 billion feet is good though.

Maybe a couple hundred light years.
I want it super long and I'm always going to grow this hair out so there :)

lunalocks
September 3rd, 2013, 02:40 PM
At hip, now. Mini goal is TB. Goal is classic (tho that may change. Once upon a time, waist was goal) and I may get there in the next 3 years.

butterfly_dream
September 3rd, 2013, 02:41 PM
My ultimate goal is fingertip / midthigh. I think I'll be there before the end of 2015… Fingers crossed…
My mini goal is solid TBL before the end of the year. :pray:

aksown
September 3rd, 2013, 03:05 PM
My mini goal is classic and I should be there by the end if the year. The bottom half of my hair is super thin so I'll maintain at classic until I can get the thickness down the whole length and then it's on to terminal. :cheer:

peepopowitz
September 3rd, 2013, 03:41 PM
BSL, grow out most of the layers at that length, then to WL. Here's hoping, anyway.

Marbid
September 3rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Hello.
I want to grow my hair to terminal length. No idea how long that might be, but I suspect mid thigh length at the shortest. I am very short, at 4ft 11' so my hair will probably appear very long on me even if I have a short terminal length. It is currently at waist length. Not bad. It will probably take me an eternity to get to terminal length. I have an obsession with split ends and trim my hair twice every year. It results in very slow growth, but I don't mind the wait. It is all good as long as I get amazingly long hair and have it healthy and beautiful too.

CurlyCap
September 3rd, 2013, 04:11 PM
Curly at hip. Gave myself 10 years. Currently curly between APL and BSL.

Squiggy
September 3rd, 2013, 08:09 PM
My main goal is to get back to hip length. I'm at BSL now and hope to hit hip by Dec 2014. That's taking into account my huge desire to grow out my layers.

Still, I'm very open to the idea of growing on to classic. Don't think I could go much longer.

cheetahfast
September 3rd, 2013, 08:21 PM
My goal right now is curly at classic...when do I want it yesterday!!! When will it happen :hmm: maybe in 1-2 years, most likely 2. Right now my hair is at the top of my pants belt when it is not super curly. It really depends if the curls loosen or not and if my growth rate keeps up like this.

I'm also considering trying onions and garlic to speed up growth.
My hair might end up longer, but for now classic is my goal, with tailbone as my mini goal. The BF wants knee length, but I don't think my layers will look good so long.

wildkratt
September 3rd, 2013, 10:05 PM
I'm currently halfway between waist and hip when wet or flat-ironed, but my hair looks 3-4 inches in its natural state. I want to be able to reach classic, when straightened, by the end of 2014. :)

Redhead Rebel
September 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM
Mini goal is Waist and I want it NOW! But i don't think i'll be at waist unstretched until March 2014, then on to my goal of fingertip length!

cooklaezo13
September 3rd, 2013, 10:52 PM
My longterm goal is tailbone and I want to achieve it in two years. A short term goal is to achieve BSL (bottom of bra strap) in four months from now. My hair is half an inch above the top of my bra strap.

Misschilly
September 4th, 2013, 04:48 AM
My first goal is waist, I think I'm 2 inch away..then I guess I'll just continue and see where I end up!=)

Bagginslover
September 4th, 2013, 05:27 AM
My goal keeps getting longer!! it was originally waist, but is now down as far as mid thigh!!

When would I like to be there by? ASAP! ;)

Night_Kitten
September 4th, 2013, 07:13 AM
My goal is terminal, and I'm hoping I won't reach it in a long while yet, lol :)
Mid-goal is knee, which I hope to reach by the end of 2014 *keeps fingers crossed*

Achlys
September 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM
My goal is classic and I should reach it in two years. In a year (and maybe a month) I'll be at BCL, I think.

kittykat86
September 4th, 2013, 02:30 PM
I am hoping to hit classic by my 29th birthday, which would be January 2015, and I am almost at hip right now. About two months to go. But I am going for terminal because I was not allowed to grow my hair very long when I was little.

YamaMaya
September 4th, 2013, 03:38 PM
My goal for the next couple of years is Classic. I'm not exactly sure when I'll reach this goal, but it took me 4 years to get where I am, but that was because I had to trim out bleach damage. I'll just be thrilled to reach a mini milestone, as I was just brushing waist before I decided to trim back to even my hair out, now it's about an inch past BSL and I can't wait to get back to where I was.

Hairitic
September 4th, 2013, 03:47 PM
Well, I think my goal is Classic but that could change once I get there. That should happen in about a year :cheer:

rosey4exclaim
September 4th, 2013, 03:49 PM
Either terminal or knee, whichever comes first. If I can get to knee, at my current rate, I should be there in just under two years (I'm thinking Summer of 2015).

MeowScat
September 4th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I, originally, had the same goal length as you, OP. I wanted my hair to cover my boobs when my shirt and bra were off. Then when I reached that goal, I wanted it longer, and then longer...

I've finally reached my latest goal of mid-butt, but it STILL doesn't seem long to me. Ugh. Now I'm thinking that Classic will satisfy me. I hope to reach it in 5 months which is my 2 year LHC hairiversary in February 2014.

Why am I never satisfied?!! :taz:

katiebeans
September 4th, 2013, 07:20 PM
I don't particularly have a goal, however I can't see myself growing too far past waist. I am below bra strap right now. Waist sounds pretty good to me :)

bo-peep
September 4th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Classic for me. I'm at TB now and have been close a few times, but never actually there.

As for when... Christmas might be nice. Valentine's Day is more likely, though.

Words
September 5th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Waist by 2015 I hope.

BrightEyes
September 5th, 2013, 06:15 AM
My goal is waist. I'm at shoulder now, so it'll take me 2-3 years probably.

Slaves of Venus
September 5th, 2013, 08:15 AM
I chopped twenty inches of my hair a few hours ago. I do not regret doing so, because it was in a really bad condition: a ton of dry, split ends that reached really high.

I'm at shoulder length now and my goal is waist length. When I'll get there, most probably I'll continue to grow my hair until tail bone.

Don't have a time frame, I just want my hair to be healthy and shiny ^_^

Soltimus
September 5th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Hmm, I think my goal kind of used to be TBL, but I'm thinking about maybe going for classic. I'm at wait now and I honestly thought I would find that long, but I don't. I don't feel like I have long hair at all as a matter of fact, so maybe TBL won't seem long either, ha ha. We'll see. Maybe I end up aiming for terminal! Now, that would indeed be an interesting experiment.

ExpectoPatronum
September 5th, 2013, 11:46 AM
My first goal was waist...But now I kind of want to go for terminal. Only time will tell! I don't really set a time goal for myself as I find it stresses me out when I see my hair grows less than I needed it to in a particular month.

Inching Along
September 5th, 2013, 11:55 AM
This is a fun thread. :)

I had midback-length hair when I was 5 or 6 years old, and then had probably BSL-length hair when I was 8. As a child and teen, I mostly had my hair at about shoulder length or slightly longer, with some instances of shorter, midneck length. When I was 21 through 24, I had APL hair...in fact, I have a picture of me at 24 with APL hair sitting here at my desk. That's the longest I have had my hair as an adult. I am 45 years old now, and it is time to change that! I am growing it out from a shaped bob I had done at a salon in March of this year (see my signature picture for what it looks like currently, five months after my last haircut and demipermanent color). I have not colored it since then, nor have I cut anything other than my bangs. I have decided to also grow my bangs out!

And now, on to my goals. I have always wanted to reach BSL since I found long hair forums in about 2006. With health problems and major stress, I had 6 or 7 years of serious shedding and resulting thin hair. My hair has recovered somewhat in the last year and is thicker--thank You, God! My ponytail circumference is now at 2 inches. :happydance:

I have curly hair, so I am not sure how long it will take to reach my goal of BSL, which is 26 inches on me, stretched out. I think it might be close by Christmas 2014. I hope. And then I really want it to look like BSL when it's curly, so I don't know how long that will take.

Though my goal is BSL, I really want to ultimately grow my hair out to my waist. After that? I am not sure. But I am determined to grow it this time and enjoy it! :cheer:

Steven's Bride
September 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM
My mini-goal is just long then chin length. Once I can put it in a ponytail or tiny bun, the rest of the "waiting" is super easy for me. I use the benign neglect method :)

My final goal is tail bone length. My hair does tend to grow quickly (crossing my fingers that it will keep it up). I expect to have my mini-goal by next Spring (about 8 months). I haven't calculated how long it will take to get to TBL, but I would estimate that is about 30 inches from my hair now. So I'm looking at about 3.5 years - 4 years, most likely.

At least there is fun hair to play with while I wait :)

Moira
September 5th, 2013, 12:01 PM
My end goal is terminal, my short term goal is shoulder. Hopefully next summer!😄

PamelaViktoria
September 5th, 2013, 02:21 PM
My goal is 32" so I should reach this length by January. But the layers and highlights will be a couple years in growing away...

nakima
September 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Im hopeing to reach classic by May 2015 its never been that long. right now im abt an inch above hips in the back, hopeing to reach full hip by christmas so we'll see keeping fingers crossed.

prettyinpink
September 5th, 2013, 04:14 PM
My goal is tbl, I just hit hip length. I'm hoping for a miracle and I'll be there in 9 months! My hair grows just over a half inch a month
:D

alyaziaaah
September 5th, 2013, 05:20 PM
i am 28" right now with a lot of taper due to hairloss, 2" to waistlength, that is almost midback a bit longer than bra length as i have wavy curly hair. i would love to at least go classic, but terminal if it grows longer.... lets see, knee length would be great too :-)
i have layers so i will trim the length once a year for one inch, that will take me 3 years to grow to tailbone which will be my first goal.
i would love for my layers to grow out at tailbone but that will take me 5 years :rolleyes:, maybe i just continue trimming the length one inch per year and never trim the layers:D

Amygirl8
September 5th, 2013, 06:14 PM
I honestly don't really have a goal in mind anymore, I'm just improving the condition of my hair now.
It's hopping around between hip and tbl. However, if I can get all the damage off and thicken the ends, I'd love to have solid TBL hair. Maybe in a few years c:

ejking2
September 5th, 2013, 06:25 PM
I'd like to reach classic by the end of next year.

Crumpet
September 5th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Solid waist by 2014. I'll maintain until I get a great hemline and then I may go for hip...

Vintagecoilylocks
September 6th, 2013, 07:26 AM
I am growing to terminal but i hope that is beyond knee. Currently in layers with longest 3 inches past Classic and shortest is whip. So working on getting all layers to Classic by Fall equinox 2015. Hope longest will be Ftp by then which is only 4 inches from knee.

Coolcombination
September 6th, 2013, 07:57 AM
My goal is solid waist with wavy hair by new year, I should make it if I can hold out on trims :eek: eventually I'd like hip length, then maintain between hip and waist to trim out the dye damage. I have 21" of damage to grow out so if I cut 2" every 4 months. 11 trims = 44 months= 3 years,8 months till I'm all natural :(
But ultimately I want all natural virgin BCL length hair :cool:

Mizumi
September 6th, 2013, 08:06 AM
My final goal is classic.. And I might reach it in three years because my hair grows slowly and I trim it a lot to improve my ends

Magalo
September 6th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Ultimate goal is TBL by Christmas 2014, and I'd like to be at solid hips with a lot of damage/layers cut off for when I graduate next spring. I'm at solid waist now! I hope I can reach hips by christmas 2013, then cut off damage during winter.

Unicorn
September 6th, 2013, 09:01 AM
For nowI'm aiming for classic, though I may well continue on after that. I have locs so it's a little different from those with loose hair, as I don't have to worry about cutting off damage :) . It depends how heavy my locs get, though I have notions on ways to thin it out to reduce the weight if it does get too heavy. I have very thick hair, so this isn't an issue for everyone who has locs.

Unicorn

Corvus
September 6th, 2013, 09:56 AM
I hope to be at waist length by this time next year. I have about 6 inches to go.........

ositarosita
September 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM
waist or hip (4" difference) hoping within the next 2-3 years ( just reached collarbone when stretched).

Mainesongbird
September 6th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Waist! I think I will be there soonish! I'm in the no man zone of MBL!

MunaZaldrizoti
September 6th, 2013, 08:47 PM
My goal is waist, but it will most likely take a few years.

Nope
September 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM
My dream length would be hip or tailbone. However, seeing as I'm impulsive and impatient, it's quite unrealistic. ;) so for now, my goal is BSL.

Winry
September 6th, 2013, 09:15 PM
I hope to get to tailbone. Buzzed as I am I think it'll take me 4 years. I went from APL to waist in 1.5 years once, so I think it's realistic. :)

Misty'sMess
September 6th, 2013, 09:41 PM
Short term goal is classic which I'll reach before this Christmas, but I'm not so sure about long term...knee maybe.

ghost
September 6th, 2013, 11:16 PM
I want Classic, at the very least. Knee would be even better, and if my terminal length happens to go beyond that, that's cool too!
I want to achieve it right now :p But realistically, I think I'll be at Classic in a year or two, beyond that, who knows?

Silverbrumby
September 7th, 2013, 12:03 AM
MBL. Id be over the moon to achieve that.

Eve 322
September 7th, 2013, 12:17 AM
I'm at hip, and my goal is classic. As to when? I've jut recently calculated my growth at 0.6" per month, and ill be thrilled if I reach Classic in two years or less. Hoping for the butt crack by Christmas :cool:

NoRush
September 7th, 2013, 02:08 AM
my first goal is waist, which Ihad hoped would happen by this christmas but my hair has taken the slug road this year so at best I can hope for mid back, waist will come some time after march I think. But my final goal at the moment is TB, I have no idea how long that's gonna take at this rate, two-three years maybe? (or even if my hair will grow that long, the longest it's gotten is around hip)

Paraply
September 7th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Right now I'm on my way to TBL. I hope I'll get there in summer/autumn 2014. My ultimate goal is Classic! Maybe I'll get there in 2016..? Wishing wishing... :pray:

deja
September 12th, 2013, 09:57 AM
My short-term length is waist and that should take me two years, so about August 2015. My long-term goal length is waist and that is probably gonna be a year after I reach waist.

woolyleprechaun
September 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM
I move the goal posts so often I look like a football teacher :)
I'm hoping for hip this Christmas, and a good, damage free, bleach free, layer free BCL next Christmas. Should be easy, providing I bite the bullet and keep trimming next year. Hmmmm.
I would like knee or more someday :)

Agnes Hannah
September 12th, 2013, 11:25 AM
My goal length is waist. Currently just above BSL at 21" and growing at 1/2" per month. Waist is 28", I'm petite at 4"10'. I guess its going to be about 14 months so Christmas 2014. Woo Hoo here I come.

alimc
September 12th, 2013, 11:26 AM
I'd LOVE to be at waist by my 40th birthday (3 years in dec) and am closing in on APL at the moment, so I hope my dream to be a long haired old lady will happen! Grow hair grow...

Selchie
September 12th, 2013, 11:44 AM
My goal is classical. Currently in the waist... Yet! : (
I have no idea when I'll get my dreamed length. Last time I trimmed was last week and now I'll stop doing this till classical.

rose313
September 12th, 2013, 12:34 PM
My goal is about 35 inches which is tailbone on me. If my hair grows half an inch per month I should be at goal in about a year if I don't trim, but I definitely will trim.

Carolyn
September 12th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Right now my goal is waist again. I don't have a timetable this time. I'm much more relaxed about growing it this time. I realized I put too many expectations on myself the first 2 times I did it. This time I'm having fun with it and when I get there I get there. I'd like to grow until its a pain to wear down. In the past that was shortly after waist length. So I may chop some off when it gets to be a pain and let it grow again. I have no desire to find my terminal length so that gives me more freedom to have fun with it now.

ETA: my current length is about 1 1/2" above waist.

marymonster
September 12th, 2013, 02:48 PM
My current goal is waist, when my hair is dry. Important distinction because my hair is so darn curly ;)
I want to reach waist from collarbone length by next September. :)

darklyndsea
September 12th, 2013, 02:54 PM
What do I want? Terminal! When do I want it? Very, very far in the future, assuming no magical speed of hair growth (sooner would just mean it would grow less).

Will I still want terminal once I hit knee or floor or something? I have no idea.