PDA

View Full Version : Hey guyss :) what products do you use on your hair daily ?

stephy190
September 3rd, 2013, 04:30 AM
I find my hair is best with just shampoo, conditioner and a weekly deep conditioner on the ends..
I tried loads of products and it just started becoming weaker and falling out, probably the chemicals ? I dont know.. but my hair is strong when I use minimum products on it :) More money saved for me :D lol

shutterpillar
September 3rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
Daily? I can't say I use anything on my hair daily besides a comb or accessory of some sort, but I don't think that is the type of product you meant given your reply to the question.

The products I use most often are Loreal EverCreme shampoo and conditioner (every other day), and apple cider vinegar (weekly).

sarahthegemini
September 3rd, 2013, 05:41 AM
Hmm, not really daily but whenever I wash my hair I use:
-Asda Essentials Green Apple Co (for co-washing my length)
-Simple Moisturising Baby 'Poo (for shampooing my scalp)
-Garnier Sleek and Shine Co (for my R.O)
-Schwartzkopf Gliss Ultimate Volume (for my L.I)

On non-wash days, I use a little NightBlooming Panacea on my ends (sometimes the bottom 1cm, sometimes the bottom 2 inches, depending on where the dryness occurs)

XcaliburGirl
September 3rd, 2013, 05:56 AM
I use Suave Naturals Shampoo and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration daily.

if I want to wear my hair down (rarely), I use aloe vera gel.

hafattack
September 3rd, 2013, 05:57 AM
I also don't use anything daily. I wash 3-4 times a week and right now I am using diluted protein shampoo stuff, suave naturals conditioner and garnier fructis hydra recharge rich conditioner. I use coconut oil from time to time on my ends. I am switching to shampoo bars though, and need to use up my stash of conditioner.

lapushka
September 3rd, 2013, 06:07 AM
Daily? More "weekly", I guess; my hair's washed weekly with Pantene or Herbal Essences shampoo. After that: Dove conditioner ATM and Herbal Essences Hello Hydration as my second conditioner. A leave-in, some serum (or a few drops of mineral oil), and gel for styling.

Daily is a little much IMO.

Firefox7275
September 3rd, 2013, 07:37 AM
Nothing daily: my hair is colour treated/ porous, I expect the actives in my conditioners to work for two to three days until I am ready to wash. Anything you apply daily is either wetting the hair down ultimately weakening and damaging it, or causing build up or both. I highly recommend reading ingredients lists and researching them so you know what products actually do, not what the advertisers claims they do.

browneyedsusan
September 3rd, 2013, 07:48 AM
nothing. :bounce:

Vampyria
September 3rd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Everything I use, I use every 3, 4 days not daily. Coconut oil before and shampoo + conditioner when I wash my hair. Oh and coconut oil after washing sometimes.

Angelair
September 3rd, 2013, 08:25 AM
Oh my! I kinda have to wash my hair daily, I tried stretching the washes but my hair always looks horrible by day two. I did switch to CO, which has been a HUGE improvement for the hair's health, but it inevitably becomes greasy on roots, a dry tangled mess at ends and wearing it up makes my scalp show through :(
That said, I try to use gentle products, I gave up shampoos and cones and have been using VO5 tea therapy, suave naturals and tresseme naturals (first one for scalp cleaning, the other two for length conditioning), and it's made my hair much happier.

Angelair
September 3rd, 2013, 08:27 AM
I forgot to add - I use suave or tresseme for length conditioning - not both together!

sourgrl
September 3rd, 2013, 09:06 AM
I hate the feel of producty hair so I've tried to go a more natural route. Plus, it never fails that I fall in love with a product that they change the ingredients or discontinue it. :-/

Daily: 3 drops of pure argan oil on ends/length to fight frizzies and define waves

Every other day: Coconut oil on length at least 15 minutes before I shampoo. Shampoo roots giovanni smooth as silk, condition length with dermorganic masque, 3 drops of argan oil on ends/length of damp hair

velorutionista
September 3rd, 2013, 09:14 AM
I'm still figuring it out, but I'm getting better results lately--switched from using Lush's Sylvia Stout to Trader Joe's tea tree shampoo, and from Lush Veganese conditioner to Avalon Organics rosemary volumizing conditioner...the lush shampoo was too harsh, I think, and the veganese conditioner is super light, so my hair was constantly dried out and breaking. With the TJ's and AO mix, it's less dry, but still seems pretty prone to breakage. I'm taking changes in two-month strides so I get a decent evaluation period. I think I'm going to try coconut oil next and see what that does with my hair! It's kind of a giant, ongoing experiment at this point!

breezefaerie
September 3rd, 2013, 09:53 AM
Mineral oil daily.
Washes vary from conditioner only washing to oil shampoo.

melusine963
September 3rd, 2013, 09:56 AM
Nothing daily. I put in a bit of coconut oil after I wash it, and then I add more throughout the week if my hair needs it.

Crumpet
September 3rd, 2013, 10:42 AM
I guess I'm a heavy coconut oil user! I use a tiny amount daily on my ends. My hair loves it and I think it makes my hair more bunable. It doesn't look greasy.

I wash my hair every four days or so (whenever it starts to look bad or if I have an event). I use a 'natural' poo and condish and an ACV rinse. My hair loves SMTs so I try to do those before every other wash or so.

meteor
September 3rd, 2013, 10:59 AM
There isn't a product that I use every single day. If my hair is feeling dry, I might oil it or use a combination of water and oil on my ends every other day.

FuzzyBlackWaves
September 3rd, 2013, 11:43 AM
All I do daily is comb it and put it in a braid. I only use products when I wash it.

HintOfMint
September 3rd, 2013, 12:07 PM
I don't wash my hair daily, but my washes are always with a pre-wash oiling, sulfate shampoo, whatever conditioner, and Aveda Brilliant Universal Styling Creme (that last one I'm very very picky about) as a leave-in.

jacqueline101
September 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
My comb and Updo are done daily. Products every other day.

luster
September 3rd, 2013, 04:04 PM
Just baby powder every night :p

samanthajenalyn
September 3rd, 2013, 04:35 PM
I don't really use anything daily. but every couple of days i'll use coconut oil on the length of my hair, mostly on the ends. and i CO wash with VO5 strawberries and cream twice a week :)

Wasy
September 3rd, 2013, 06:10 PM
i use sooo many products:
Shampoo, conditioner, leave in conditioner and serum every time i wash
deep conditioner and oil once or twice a week
i don't really use set products.
As you may have guessed, i'm not really one for routine XD

MadameV
September 3rd, 2013, 06:56 PM
Daily? The only thing would be about three drops of olive oil--one for scalp massage and one for the tassel of each braid. Wash days are a bit different, but still don't involve anything I don't also use to cook.

jrmviola
September 3rd, 2013, 07:27 PM
I dont use anything daily, but every two or three days i shampoo with a clarifying by Fructis Gardiner and also condition with their Three minute Undo. I have used the same Shampoo and Conditioner for about... 7 years? It works for me so far... My hair is fingertip length. That may have to change in the future the older my hair gets, it is going on 7 years old now, 8 or so for the full length...

GoddessLocks
September 3rd, 2013, 07:33 PM
The shampoo and conditioner I use always change but I shampoo and condition every day or every other day and I use tresemme mousse since my hair is wavy. At night I oil the ends.

deja
September 12th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I put coconut oil on my ends and massage warm argon oil into my roots. Sometimes these aren't daily, usually they're more aligned with my weekly wash. My hair does do well with daily oils, though.

Eden Iris
September 12th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Almost every day I use coconut oil or AVG, sometimes both. AVG is more of a styling aid, but I think it helps bring in moisture too. Shampoo and conditioner once a week.

Neneka
September 12th, 2013, 11:14 AM
I use nothing daily. I CO wash twice in a week and then put on some olive oil and avocado oil mix and a bit of coneless leave-in conditioner.

starlamelissa
September 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Most days I use suave sleek shampoo, followed by conditioner. I use baby oil or suave sleek anti frizz creme as my leave in on wet hair.

I don't really deep condition, although I may condition twice if my hair is dry.

rose313
September 12th, 2013, 12:25 PM
I only use shampoo and conditioner. I don't use any other products, all products seem to make my hair feel greasy and weigh it down. Right now I'm using Joico and Shiny Silver shampoo and either Herbal Essences, Joico, Aphogee, or Tresemme or Ion conditioner. I have to switch my conditioner up frequently.

Leeloo
September 12th, 2013, 03:13 PM
Nothing. I try to finger comb and massage the scalp daily, but no products.

NataschaB.
September 12th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Atm I just wash and condition and that's it (but not every day, only every 3rd or 4th day). I used to use oils, but I stopped because my hair is nice and soft without them :) So yeah, I use nothing other than shampoo and conditioner :)

SleepyTangles
September 12th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Daily, just my fingers, a comb, or a wooden brush. If they are knotted and I cant comb them without pulling and causing damage, i wet them a bit and then use a a drop or two of jojoba oil.
My weekly routine consists in sles/sls free shampoo (Lavera Mango Milk Shampoo is my favourite by far), conditioner (I alternate a light, runny coconut oil conditioner with a DT one like the old Garnier Triple Nutrition), ACW rinse, and a smidge of jojoba oil as a final touch. Sounds complicated, but in the end they're just two products aside the jojoba :o.