PDA

View Full Version : Very quick but dumb question!

sarahthegemini
September 2nd, 2013, 11:07 AM
I'm CWC-ing every other day but I want to stretch that even further (ideally I'd like to wash my hair 2x weekly) Anyway, I will use dry shampoo but I'm wondering as I am co-only on my length, will conditioner remove the powder particles? I'm sure it will but just wanna check!

Firefox7275
September 2nd, 2013, 11:21 AM
Depends which dry shampoo but yes usually. I just wipe off the excess with a soft microfibre towel.

sarahthegemini
September 2nd, 2013, 11:22 AM
I'd probably use Batiste :)

Tobasco
September 2nd, 2013, 11:26 AM
Conditioner removes the dirt and particles from your hair. It also removes oils gently. Can I ask why dry shampoo? In between washes with water and CWC?

sarahthegemini
September 2nd, 2013, 05:40 PM
Conditioner removes the dirt and particles from your hair. It also removes oils gently. Can I ask why dry shampoo? In between washes with water and CWC?

If I continue cwc-ing as often as I am now, I'm worried I'll end up overconditioning my hair. So I want to use dry shampoo whilst my hair adjusts to being washed less :)

spidermom
September 2nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
A caution: I did it for years but eventually learned that CWC isn't a good routine for hair health. The ionic interaction between the presence of conditioner and shampoo together prevents the cuticle from being able to close completely. It gets worse over time; your cuticle will look like a skinned knee under a magnifying glass.

Firefox7275
September 2nd, 2013, 06:10 PM
Conditioner washing removes regular Batiste IME, I haven't used any of the fancy versions. TBH tho I never Batiste my lengths only my hairline/ roots.

sarahthegemini
September 2nd, 2013, 06:15 PM
A caution: I did it for years but eventually learned that CWC isn't a good routine for hair health. The ionic interaction between the presence of conditioner and shampoo together prevents the cuticle from being able to close completely. It gets worse over time; your cuticle will look like a skinned knee under a magnifying glass.

Sorry I don't fully understand what you mean by the presence of conditioner and shampoo together? I don't let condish touch my roots and I don't let 'poo touch my length so I never have them both on my hair together if that's what you mean?

Firefox7275
September 2nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
Sorry I don't fully understand what you mean by the presence of conditioner and shampoo together? I don't let condish touch my roots and I don't let 'poo touch my length so I never have them both on my hair together if that's what you mean?

They contact when rinsing, that can cause build up depending on the products and ingredients.
http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011/05/before-you-shampoo-conditioner-or-oil.html

sarahthegemini
September 2nd, 2013, 06:46 PM
They contact when rinsing, that can cause build up depending on the products and ingredients.
http://www.thenaturalhavenbloom.com/2011/05/before-you-shampoo-conditioner-or-oil.html

Ah okay, I don't need to worry about that as I rinse my scalp and length seperately so not even suds touch my length. Something to keep in mind though to stop me getting slack!

Tobasco
September 4th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I never could get the shampoo totally away from the conditioner when I tried CWC. But I probably didn't do it often enough to have to worry about it making a chemical reaction like Spidermom suggests. Have you tried "washing" with only conditioner, like suggested in the book Curly Girl? That's where I read about conditioner being able to remove the dirt, like I mentioned before.

jacqueline101
September 4th, 2013, 10:09 PM
It should wash out fine.