PDA

View Full Version : What is a catnip soak?

AuburnButterfly
September 1st, 2013, 04:34 PM
I was reading another thread and a couple posters mentioned that catnip had been beneficial to them. I have never heard of this before. The only kind of catnip I know of is what cat's play with. How does one perform a catnip soak?

Nae
September 1st, 2013, 04:39 PM
Take the catnip that the cats play with, make tea. Let it steep about 4 hours covered. Then wash your hair and use the tea in place of conditioner. It is great for split ends, not fixing them but preventing them. You put it on your hair and preferably put a shower cap over your soaked locks for about a half hour, then rinse it out. I don't do it that long usually, just put it up with a clippy while I am in the shower and rinse out at the end when I am done washing up.

There is a thread around here somewhere.....don't have time to look at the moment though.

Hairitic
September 1st, 2013, 07:07 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=476

This is a link to the thread about using Catnip for Split Ends. :eye:

AuburnButterfly
September 1st, 2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info, you guys!

Leeloo
September 1st, 2013, 10:05 PM
1 tea spoon of pet store brand (it's more fresh) catnip to 250-300 ml of boiling water, steep till cool, apply to freshly washed with shampoo only hair, put shower cap on, leave on for an hour (to make it more of a soak, you can put your ends in a cup full of catnip tea), rinse out, may follow with conditioner.

kdaniels8811
September 3rd, 2013, 05:02 PM
I put my hair in a high ponytail and soak only the length, on my scalp it makes my hair flat.