PDA

View Full Version : "Betnovate Scalp Application" for hair loss?

Shona
August 31st, 2013, 02:12 PM
Hello LHC. :)

I recenlty posted a thread regarding my hair loss, and was so happy that so many of you posted with your advice.
My hair loss is still on-going, and I have had two sets of blood tests done. My first lot came back 100% fine, and I awaiting my results of my second. The second lot were taken just be on the safe side. I am been eating better, sleeping better, meditating, relaxing, but to no avail. My doctor has given me some steriod cream to use on my scalp until the new blood test results are in. It's called "Betnovate Scalp Application. Betamethasone Valerate". I was wondering if anyone here has used/uses this? I normally like finding the natural cures for problems such as these, but I feel I have knowhere else to turn now.

My question is - Would you use this on your scalp? It must be applied everynight to dry hair. I don't really fancy using steriod cream, and I don't really fancy having to wash my hair everyday (but hey-ho). I have put it on my scalp this evening just to give it a wee try, but I'd still love to hear what your thoughts are on the stuff.

Thank you,
Shona.

Firefox7275
August 31st, 2013, 06:54 PM
Shedding will continue for some weeks/ months because hair goes into a dormant state before falling out so persevere with the lifestyle changes. It also takes time for to play 'catch up' with any nutrient deficiencies. IMO find out exactly what you are being tested for, why and what the results are. I'd use a corticosteroid if it was necessary, yes, indeed I have done for atopic eczema and contact dermatitis.