PDA

View Full Version : Seriously weak hair… Has anyone tried Ovation Cell Therapy or one of their Systems?

TiffanieJean
August 31st, 2013, 12:52 PM
I’ve been having a lot of issues with my hair. It started with a massive amount of hair loss after I had my son and it never bounced back to what it used to be. I’ve tried so many things in the last 3.5 yrs, but it seems like the more I try to improve my routine the more mistakes I make and things get worse. My hair is so weak that it will snap at the slightest pull. I can’t wear it in a ponytail, up at night or even in a side braid without breakage. I’ve been stuck at 1-2’’ from hip length for the last 7 months. I do a dusting every other month and the breakage is just making it thinner and thinner... The entire bottom layer is a little above bra strap length and the new growth from a bad reaction to Rosemary Oil and sock buns/cinnamon buns while sleeping experiment is about the same. I’m 75% on cutting it to shoulder length :-( and trying to re-grow it or just trying to maintain it there in hopes that less weight will allow my weak hair tolerate that length better. Lately I tried CO washing and it didn’t work out for me. I couldn’t rinse the conditioner out (greasy mess). My hair is sensitive to protein. I’ve been using a S&C with no or very little protein in them and it’s helped a little but not enough. I need more moisture and I don’t know what to use. Ovation is basically my last ditch effort. The claims seem too good to be true, and I’m a little worried about the amount of protein in it. Plus it’s expensive…

I need LHC opinions - Has anybody used Ovation with good results? Especially for strengthening?

puddums
August 31st, 2013, 02:19 PM
Never used it myself, but here is the thread:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=15952

nobeltonya
August 31st, 2013, 02:23 PM
Do you oil at all?? I noticed a big difference in the texture and feel of my hair after starting to regularly oil with coconut oil [at night, and wash every morning]. Also maybe a leave-in conditioner? I'm going to try a hair mask tomorrow, which my husband is going to help me mix and apply: yogurt, egg and lemon juice.. :disco:

Panth
August 31st, 2013, 02:32 PM
I’ve been having a lot of issues with my hair. It started with a massive amount of hair loss after I had my son and it never bounced back to what it used to be. I’ve tried so many things in the last 3.5 yrs, but it seems like the more I try to improve my routine the more mistakes I make and things get worse. My hair is so weak that it will snap at the slightest pull. I can’t wear it in a ponytail, up at night or even in a side braid without breakage. I’ve been stuck at 1-2’’ from hip length for the last 7 months. I do a dusting every other month and the breakage is just making it thinner and thinner... The entire bottom layer is a little above bra strap length and the new growth from a bad reaction to Rosemary Oil and sock buns/cinnamon buns while sleeping experiment is about the same. I’m 75% on cutting it to shoulder length :-( and trying to re-grow it or just trying to maintain it there in hopes that less weight will allow my weak hair tolerate that length better. Lately I tried CO washing and it didn’t work out for me. I couldn’t rinse the conditioner out (greasy mess). My hair is sensitive to protein. I’ve been using a S&C with no or very little protein in them and it’s helped a little but not enough. I need more moisture and I don’t know what to use. Ovation is basically my last ditch effort. The claims seem too good to be true, and I’m a little worried about the amount of protein in it. Plus it’s expensive…

I need LHC opinions - Has anybody used Ovation with good results? Especially for strengthening?

I think the bold is key. Far too many people get over-enthusiastic and think that more is better. Perhaps going super-super simple and practicing some benign neglect is the way you need to go?

Firefox7275
August 31st, 2013, 07:25 PM
How do you know you need more moisture (water)? That can weaken and damage hair. Have you sought medical advice? Have you considered a hair analysis?
http://pedaheh.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/goosefootprints-hair-analysis-with-my.html

There are many ways/ frequencies to use hydrolysed protein, ditto many products that are suitable for conditioner only washing. If your hair was greasy that would suggest to me you used the wrong product, something else that caused build up or poor technique.