PDA

View Full Version : BSL to midback

caren
August 29th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Hi, all,
I've seen a few "grow with me" threads, but none for BSLs growing to mid-back. My goal is tailbone, though I suspect I will be happy when I get to waist!

I started this grow in November 2011, when I chopped off my APL dreadlocks. I started at a pixie cut (you can see by how fairy tale all my layers are).

I've grown to just above BSL since then (I would probably be below BSL, but I trimmed some really dead length). I'm too new here to insert a pic (no attachments until 25+ posts), but you can see where I am now here:
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3704/9625025920_a40b53041b_z.jpg

I recently gave up 99% of cones and started CO washing, though I am using "cleansing" Cs (Ren and Salon Grafix, though they both have a teeny amount of cones). I coconut/olive oil, and am a huge fan of the SheaMoisture leave ins. I henna, as well, using red henna...a brand slut on that one. :)

Any BSLers out there?

~C

PamelaViktoria
August 29th, 2013, 03:37 PM
This is where I fit in:)
I know I will definitely stop when it hits my butt. I love the look of my tail hanging in the small of my back. But it's usually wavy so that takes up more length. So it could be longer.
How many inches are you right now?

coconutinsight
August 29th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Joining :) just below BSL

lapushka
August 29th, 2013, 04:41 PM
There *is* the BSL to waist thread. ;)

kdaniels8811
August 29th, 2013, 06:20 PM
This could be the midback abyss thread, which is where I am now...

jacqueline101
August 29th, 2013, 08:28 PM
I'm just bsl can I join.

goldenlady
September 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
I cut to BSL from mid-back because my hem was horribly thin from past over-layering. I really want to get to waist, but getting back to mid-back with a healthy ends is my current goal :D

LAG93
September 2nd, 2013, 03:35 PM
I'm definitely mid back right now, almost waist though I think...I don't know hard to tell! I definitely don't feel like my hair is that long though, I feel like it needs to be almost to the top of my butt to really feel long, but mid back is the longest my hair has ever been. Since joining lhc it's grown at a more rapid pace it seems and my hair itself is improving, so thank you lhc members for all of your great advice and input! I'm still a terrible brushed though. I can't seem to break that habit. I bought a wet brush which is helping, the bristles are very very flexible and soft. I hate combs, I hate them with a passion, I hate how the hair gets in them and I have to clean them out like every time where it's a brush it all can stay and be nice for a while before cleaning it out. I use the wet brush on wet hair, I know it's bad. But my hair gets so tangled that using a comb takes too long, and I don't have time to sit and comb my hair for an hour. Any tips on keeping hair tangle free throughout the day and in the shower?

Carolyn
September 2nd, 2013, 07:53 PM
This wouldn't work for me because BSL is below mid back on me. I'm long waisted and wear a properly fitting bra. I see so many hair length pics with the bra hiked up in back in an upside down V. That is an ill fitting bra and I would not consider that to be true BSL length. Is there anyone else like this? I measure mid back as the halfway point between top of shoulder and waist.

LAG93
September 2nd, 2013, 08:03 PM
Yes I know what you mean! I wear my bra strap about three inches above where my actual waist is, not so high up my back. I guess I don't know what mid back is I thought it was the center point of between your shoulders and tailbone? I suppose that is more like waist. Anywho...BSL isn't a great form of measurement since its different on everyone. There's only two maybe three inches between my BSL and my waist length, where on some there is six or seven

Taenarian
September 2nd, 2013, 08:23 PM
When my hair is wet, I'm definitely at BSL plus. When my hair is dry and down, it's all waved/curled/whirled on its own right in the no man's land of midback abyss. Just started a catnip rinse today to see if that will help with the apparent length when it's down.

I'm smiling as I see others in the same place with common goals. I just did my first-ever henna a week ago and trust this journey to TB. I have a feeling I will have total mastery of every bun by the time I reach my goal. :D

cosmic crusader
September 3rd, 2013, 12:26 AM
I am in :] how long before you guys think you'll hit waist?

goldenlady
September 3rd, 2013, 03:19 AM
I am in :] how long before you guys think you'll hit waist?

Hoping for Christmas.. but I'm being optimistic! I've never had my hair longer than mid-back so it feels like no-mans territory for me :)

Taenarian
September 3rd, 2013, 04:51 AM
The way my hair hangs naturally, I guess it will be a year to waist length from BSL (wet).

Wildcat Diva
September 3rd, 2013, 06:13 AM
I'm not here yet, just wanted to chime in that I'm not sure where mid-back would be on me, but there's only three inches between BSL and waist on me. I should be BSL by year's end for sure, and waist should come for me next year around summer's end 2014. I'm about five inches from waist right now, but my hair is wavy.

cosmic crusader
September 3rd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Hoping for Christmas.. but I'm being optimistic! I've never had my hair longer than mid-back so it feels like no-mans territory for me :)

That's what I'm hoping too! I'm in precisely the same boat as you. We still have a few months! If not, then definitely (hopefully :p) by March!

goldenlady
September 5th, 2013, 07:06 AM
That's what I'm hoping too! I'm in precisely the same boat as you. We still have a few months! If not, then definitely (hopefully :p) by March!

Yey I have a growing partner :) Fingers crossed for Xmas! Do you get a mad growth spurt in Autumn? I remember I did last year.. (I stupidly got it all cut off :( ) Hoping for the same this year so I can reach my goal!

Agnes Hannah
February 13th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Can I bump this?
I'm BSL and I'm not ready for the BSL to waist quite yet, aiming for MBL is more doable for me, it is 2.5" growth to get there. Waist is 5". My ultimate goal is hip but anything past MBL is a bonus as I have never grown hair that long before.

Merrybethable
February 15th, 2014, 05:43 AM
I agree about the ill-fitting bra comments. Bsl is a funny length definition seems a bit strange to me. Is it to the bottom of the strap? My bras are all big boob bras so there is always at least 3 hook rows.

Either way, I seem to have stalled at this length and I have so many styles that I want to try but my hair is an inch or 3 too short.

Katleen
February 16th, 2014, 02:36 AM
I'm at midback, almost waist... If I stretch it myself, I'm there :D
But I'm now at the stage where I need a bigger trim than my usual S&D... My ends feel like velcro :-( So I'm probably back to above bsl... I always wear my hair up, don't use heatstyling, wash once a week...

Tini'sNewHair
February 16th, 2014, 03:15 AM
Hi all, not sure if this helps but my hair took 3 months to go from BSL to MBL, some of you may get there faster but it will happen before you know it! :)

silver curls
February 16th, 2014, 05:33 AM
I'd like to join this thread. I just measured 22.5 inches this morning. That is the longest layer. Growing out layers also. Another 1.5 inches and I will be BSL for sure. So, I'm looking at end of May, BSL. Then another 3 inches for Middle of Back for me. That put's me at end of November, hopefully!

silver curls
February 16th, 2014, 05:37 AM
Can I bump this?
I'm BSL and I'm not ready for the BSL to waist quite yet, aiming for MBL is more doable for me, it is 2.5" growth to get there. Waist is 5". My ultimate goal is hip but anything past MBL is a bonus as I have never grown hair that long before.

Totally agree and glad you bumped this. I am also not ready for BSL to Waist. Shorter goals are easier! I also have not had hair past MBL and my goal when I started was hip but now my goal is Waist. Thanks Agnes!

silver curls
June 6th, 2014, 11:10 AM
I seriously scrolled back page by page (50 something pages) to find this.

I measured and I am now BSL, 24".

Now another three inches, 6 months for MOB!!!

Hoping hair grows faster in the summer!!!!!

I need to update my pics.

Hoping there are other's out there that will join this thread.

jacqueline101
June 6th, 2014, 11:13 AM
I'm almost mid back in my mind. Few think I'm already there.