PDA

View Full Version : Now, here's a good reason to not color your hair!

fxdwgchick
September 2nd, 2008, 02:24 PM
I've seen several posts about hair coloring over grey...I'm adding this pic to my siggy (it's my neighbor) to try and discourage the coloring of silver or salt and pepper hair.

(Can you believe she wanted to color it? She saw this photo and changed her mind :cheese:)

lynnala
September 2nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
No picture! Anxiously awaiting!

dorothea-brooke
September 2nd, 2008, 02:29 PM
No picture! Anxiously awaiting!

Ooo, it's up now. :thud:

Holy moly! Brilliant "intervention," fxdwgchick!

Morticia
September 2nd, 2008, 02:33 PM
Gorgeous!!!

RoseRedDead
September 2nd, 2008, 02:34 PM
I agree, but unfortunately not all people view their grey hair as being beautiful, and some people have yellowish greys... not silver or salt-n-pepper or white or just grey grey... but yellowy... That happens to run in my mother's side of the family.

Needless to say, I'm hoping I get the greys from my father's side.

Nes
September 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
Wow that's stunning!

Silver is so eye catching and beautiful. Anyone can have coloured hair, but hair like this is something rare and enchanting.

Is she a member of LHC? She should be!

Nes x

Hue
September 2nd, 2008, 02:39 PM
That is really beautiful. It looks like her hair is in such great condition, too.

ETA:
<----- happy gray-white sparkly streaks

lora410
September 2nd, 2008, 02:49 PM
wow, her hair is simply stunning.

Islandgrrl
September 2nd, 2008, 02:51 PM
That's SOOOO the hair I want when I go silver!

queenjord
September 2nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
thats beautiful hair :)
i wish mine was like naturally white. haha

josie4
September 2nd, 2008, 03:13 PM
Wow, beautiful!

Gumball
September 2nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Your neighbor has beautiful hair! I'm glad that the picture you showed her had the effect of her realizing she can be happy with herself how she is. It's also a beautiful goal to achieve, too!

heidihug
September 2nd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Wow, if my gray hairs were that pretty, I would stop coloring right now! Unfortunately, they are not, they are dull and yellowish and wash my skin color out in contrast.:(

Yay for beautiful silver hairs!

Arctic_Mama
September 2nd, 2008, 03:43 PM
True silver is so chic on ladies of ANY hair length... Salt and Pepper is what I fear, because it tends to prompt really rude comments as people think you don't 'take care of yourself' which is SUCH bs! Yellowy gray isn't that bad since it can be blued to a more neutral shade, but I hope I gray half as well as she did, her hair is stunning! I am a henna head, though, so something tells me I'll either have to do it forever or hack my hair off many years down the road and then go with gray.

But what a beautiful mane that is! LOVELY!

fxdwgchick
September 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Wow that's stunning!

Silver is so eye catching and beautiful. Anyone can have coloured hair, but hair like this is something rare and enchanting.

Is she a member of LHC? She should be!

Nes x

She is now!!:cheese:) I just went over to her house, showed her the pic, she LOVES it, and was touched by all of the wonderful compliments! I've helped her set up an account, now I'll go back over and help her get her avatar and profile pics together.

She does have lovely hair, and she's the best neigbor in the world (and I'm not just saying this because I know you're watching Val :eyebrows:

swanns
September 2nd, 2008, 03:51 PM
I already have some gray hairs and would absolutely love to have hair like that some day, but since it's dyed I guess I'll just have to keep dyeing/hennaing it in the future :( My friends say they don't even notice the roots but I do and they bother me quite a bit. Argh!

Silver & Gold
September 2nd, 2008, 04:36 PM
I have serious silver envy! Lovely, so lovely.

Some day. I'm working on it, the length and the emerging silver.

Tangles
September 2nd, 2008, 04:39 PM
Yeah , I agree: not everyone is lucky enough to get the silver color your friend has, but still a great refutation of the common belief that grey is "dull."

Haith
September 2nd, 2008, 04:43 PM
That is definately some gorgeous hair. I can't wait to earn my greys!

jojo
September 2nd, 2008, 05:04 PM
I've seen several posts about hair coloring over grey...I'm adding this pic to my siggy (it's my neighbor) to try and discourage the coloring of silver or salt and pepper hair.

(Can you believe she wanted to color it? She saw this photo and changed her mind :cheese:)

OMG her hair is beautiful,:tmi::tmi::tmi: tell her she must colour it, that would be a crime.

spidermom
September 2nd, 2008, 05:20 PM
Is silvery blonde the same as yellowy gray?

xrosiex
September 2nd, 2008, 05:22 PM
WOW! Now thats beautiful hair. Thanks for sharing:)

ssjhotau2
September 2nd, 2008, 05:24 PM
Her hair is absolutely stunning, I'm glad you convinced her not to dye it.

fxdwgchick
September 2nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
It's funny, she's from Hawaii, she's the one that gives me all of the monoi my hair could use in a lifetime, and I go over and oil HER hair, and practice updo's on her head!

If I do an updo a couple of times on her, then I have a mental picture of what I'm doing with mine...of course, she's got 2 years growth on me!

RoseRedDead
September 2nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Is silvery blonde the same as yellowy gray?

No, ma'am. And your hair is stunning.

Raederle
September 2nd, 2008, 06:14 PM
I'm happy with whatever decision left her happy. I choose not to color, but can readily embrace those who do. There's room in my heart for the colorers, the chemical processors, the heat stylers -- whatever.

RoseRedDead
September 2nd, 2008, 06:26 PM
I also want to add that I agree with Raederle.

embee
September 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM
Glad you were able to convince her to leave well enough alone! Her hair is lovely, and color would just make it ordinary. :)

fxdwgchick
September 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
Glad you were able to convince her to leave well enough alone! Her hair is lovely, and color would just make it ordinary. :)

You know, I told her just that! I told her that her hair color is unobtainable! When she spends time at the beach, her hair turns the color of tinsel!

sosspenc
September 2nd, 2008, 07:16 PM
That is inspiring me to tell the chemicals goodbye. Thanks for sharing.

GlassEyes
September 2nd, 2008, 08:18 PM
I waaaant whiiiite haaaaaaiiiiirrrrrr.

XD

Tashomani
September 2nd, 2008, 08:30 PM
That is simply FANTASTIC hair.......WOW so beautiful.............I hope she joins us if she is not a member!

Eurydice
September 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
Like everything else, going off the coloring works for some people but not for others. I'd be ecstatic if I thought I had hair like your friend's to look forward to. Unfortunately, no one in my family has ever gone that color - they've all gone a dingy, nasty battleship grey that doesn't look awesome, it just looks old. So I think I'll settle for being that old lady who's still hennaing her hair in the nursing home, because to my mind even rocking the "Starring Lucille Ball as the Crypt-Keeper" look is better than looking like the SS Nimitz after six months of bad seas. Maybe I'll even get some really awful lipstick and go around telling people I'm Norma Desmond.

Don't get me wrong, your friend's hair is gorgeous. But the fact that her hair looks good on her isn't really a good reason for me to stop doing what looks good on me.