PDA

View Full Version : A hair tutorial I learned from you guys!

savannahlove
August 28th, 2013, 07:48 PM
So, I've been lurking/sort of posting on this forum for a pretty long time now. You lovelies have taught me so much and because of this I now have healthy hip length hair! :D I just put up a video showing how to do a really cool updo that I'm pretty sure I learned from this forum, but I bet some of you ladies with longer hair than I could pull it off much better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMtKzvljKpM

Normally I have a very strict no heat policy but for the sake of the video, I put a little heat to my fringe. That can be easily substituted/taken out though.
Anyway, I just wanted to thank you guys for helping my grow my hair, basically, and show you what I can do now! :D If you told me from two years ago to do this with my hair, I'd think you were crazy, haha. :)

I hope you like it! ♥

Brooklyn.
August 28th, 2013, 08:03 PM
Your hair is so pretty, I love it!

Yozhik
August 28th, 2013, 08:20 PM
What pretty hair you have - I love your color. :inlove:

And you were super cute in the video. Great, easy-to-follow demonstration of milkmaid braids. ^.^
Now you make me want to cut in a long side fringe!

jacqueline101
August 28th, 2013, 09:22 PM
I love your video.

savannahlove
August 29th, 2013, 03:30 AM
Oh my goodness, thank you guys so much! :o You're too sweet!

Yozhik, my long side fringe was actually a blunt bangs on my forehead a couple years ago. :p I'm trying to grow them out now!

Paraply
August 29th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Your hair is SO beautiful! Can't wait my hair to grow a little longer so I can pull off this style :)

savannahlove
August 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Thank you so much, I hope your length gets there soon! :D

spidermom
August 29th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I love the video; you're adorable. (I can say that because I'm an old lady.)
I used to do this a lot and called it a tiara braid. To me, the milkmaid braid or Heidi braid comes to the top first instead of crossing in the back like this one.

The style looks great on you! Now I need to see a video on how to do your eye makeup.

Yozhik
August 29th, 2013, 01:48 PM
Good to know about your side fringe being a former blunt bang - I have been flirting with ideas of cutting in a fringe for about a year now, but am always intimidated by the irreversibility and growing out period, but if mine did so as gracefully as yours, I'd be more prone to consider it. :)

Also, looking at your stats - you definitely look to be hip length right now, rather than waist. :flower:

Also, I agree with spidermom about your adorableness (although I'm only about 10 years older than you, and I refute SM's claim that she's an old lady :p).

Leeloo
August 29th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Super cute style!

savannahlove
August 29th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I love the video; you're adorable. (I can say that because I'm an old lady.)
I used to do this a lot and called it a tiara braid. To me, the milkmaid braid or Heidi braid comes to the top first instead of crossing in the back like this one.

The style looks great on you! Now I need to see a video on how to do your eye makeup.
Aw, thank you so much! :D Yeah, I definitely associate the milkmaid braids more with what you said, I just wasn't sure what to call it. :p A tiara braid is a lovely name though, suits it perfectly!
Oh, my makeup was just a dark brown in the outer crease and a lighter brown in the inner crease, very easy! ;)

Good to know about your side fringe being a former blunt bang - I have been flirting with ideas of cutting in a fringe for about a year now, but am always intimidated by the irreversibility and growing out period, but if mine did so as gracefully as yours, I'd be more prone to consider it. :)

Also, looking at your stats - you definitely look to be hip length right now, rather than waist. :flower:

Also, I agree with spidermom about your adorableness (although I'm only about 10 years older than you, and I refute SM's claim that she's an old lady :p).
The bangs were very surprisingly easy to grow out; I found something to do with them at just about every stage. :) There was a period where I had to pin them back every day, but now they've blended in quite nicely!
And oh my goodness, I haven't updated my stats in forever! :p It has been fixed, thank you for reminding me.
Baha, thank you so much. And I agree, not an old lady in the slightest! :D

Super cute style!
Thank you so much! :flower:

Vrindi
August 29th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Your hair is so pretty, I love it!

So is your face! Great video, very clear tutorial. Nice job. :)

PamelaViktoria
August 29th, 2013, 02:57 PM
wow! great video!
Keep learning and keep teaching us:)

savannahlove
August 29th, 2013, 03:26 PM
So is your face! Great video, very clear tutorial. Nice job. :)

Aha, oh my goodness you are too sweet! :D Thank you very much.

wow! great video!
Keep learning and keep teaching us:)

Thank you so much, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! :)

littleghost
August 29th, 2013, 03:57 PM
SO CUTE!!!!
Can't wait for my hair to grow longer so I can do these braid styles!
Great video tutorial and how adorable are you???

savannahlove
August 29th, 2013, 04:43 PM
SO CUTE!!!!
Can't wait for my hair to grow longer so I can do these braid styles!
Great video tutorial and how adorable are you???
Oh my goodness, you are too sweet, thank you! :o I wish you fast growth, hehe. :)

sabrinaclrke
August 29th, 2013, 05:03 PM
Love the hairstyle! My hair is unfortunately not long enough yet for this. :(
Your hair is gorgeous ! And, wow, are you beautiful!

savannahlove
August 29th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Love the hairstyle! My hair is unfortunately not long enough yet for this. :(
Your hair is gorgeous ! And, wow, are you beautiful!

I'm so glad you like it! :D Aw, hoping for a growth spurt for you! ♥
Oh, thank you so much. :flower:

Vanilla
August 29th, 2013, 05:49 PM
You are adorable! I loved the tutorial :)

Squiggy
August 29th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Loved it! The style is super cute and your delivery was perfect - so much personality!

savannahlove
August 30th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Hehe, thank you both so much, I'm so glad you liked it! :D

Stray_mind
August 30th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Great hairdo! And you have beauuuutiful hair :love:

AnnaB
August 30th, 2013, 03:57 AM
I love the video. Your hair is beautiful. Oh also I like your eye make up.

savannahlove
August 30th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Thank you both so much! :flower:

savannahlove
September 1st, 2013, 07:16 AM
Quick bump. :D

rileykathleen
September 2nd, 2013, 10:25 PM
Can I just be a bit of a weirdo now? Because oh my gosh! I love you're hair and your video and you seem even awesomer because Nerdfighters! Yay! Haha! Some day I'll be able to do this with my hair. Some day. :) In the mean time, I'm definitely subscribing to you're youtube channel.