PDA

View Full Version : obligatory newbie message

kmcg
August 27th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Just throwing a line out to introduce myself and my intentions for pursuing the forum.
I'm 28 and have been experimenting with crunchy skin care methods for 2 yrs and homemade hair care for a little over a year now. During this time the CrunchyBetty blog and forum have been a great help but their forum is moving to facebook (sad face). That change has spurred me to find a new community that discusses everything from hair, skin, cleaning, health care and anything else that encourages a greener lifestyle. So here I am. I welcome any suggestions to help me better utilize the LHC forum. Thanks!

lapushka
August 28th, 2013, 03:09 AM
Welcome to LHC. The main focus on LHC is long hair and the care of healthy hair. I'm not sure we're green per sé, but there might be quite a few members out there. Maybe it would be nice to check out the Beauty Bottle as well, it's a sister forum. I'll give you the link...

http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php

kmcg
August 29th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Thank you lapushaka. I guess I'm mostly looking for DIY suggestions for hair (skin care, health + cleaning info is a plus). I've been doing my own variations on No Poo for a while now and like to get and give feedback on different methods. A month ago I decided to grow out my pixie cut and will probably try henna for the 1st time in the next month. The info on TLHC will definitely be helpful as I troubleshoot dying with henna.
I will check out the Beauty Bottle too, thanks for your input!

Pierre
August 30th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Welcome to LHC!

kmcg
September 22nd, 2013, 05:38 PM
Welcome to LHC. The main focus on LHC is long hair and the care of healthy hair. I'm not sure we're green per sé, but there might be quite a few members out there. Maybe it would be nice to check out the Beauty Bottle as well, it's a sister forum. I'll give you the link...

http://chatter.thebeautybottle.com/index.php
Hi Lapushka, I keep trying to sign up for the Beauty Bottle and the site never seems to be working. Would you happen to know who on LHC I could contact about it? Thanks in advance.

And thank you Pierre!