PDA

View Full Version : Long hair positivity in the wild

QuillEnchanted
August 26th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I've noticed that long hair seems to bring out the nasty in some passers-by, but today I was surprised by a rather lovely and supportive comment from my neighbour.

She commented that my hair has gotten very long [It's just past waist now], and that it looks so lovely. She commended me for growing my hair and said to not bend to pressure to get it cut as it looks great the way it is. :)

Supportive comments are out there! It's nice to know we aren't the only ones who appreciate long hair and the effort it takes.

Have you gotten any supportive comments lately?

jacqueline101
August 26th, 2013, 09:21 PM
I was told a few months ago not to cut mine. My man said trims were fine but no major cuts.

spirals
August 26th, 2013, 09:33 PM
I get compliments on my sticks, but not really my hair. It's usually along the lines of "Is that thing really holding all your hair up?"

chen bao jun
August 27th, 2013, 03:53 PM
My mother is very supportive of my growing my hair and every time she sees me compliments me a lot and says I'll be catching up to my aunt soon and then maybe my grandmother. My aunt had waist length hair and my grandmother had classic.

rosey4exclaim
August 27th, 2013, 03:59 PM
People are constantly complimenting me on my hair. The only people who say I should cut it are usually hair dressers. What is up with that? You give them a license to cut hair, and all of a sudden they want to chop everyone's off! lol (I know I'm stereotyping big time, but sometimes it's true!)

intrigued
August 28th, 2013, 08:04 AM
None for me lately, as a guy growing out a buzz cut, I got a few when I reached the 2" or so range and it started looking like a normal short-medium haircut I got some. Right now I'm pushing through an awkward stage at 4-5" with some hair that doesn't want to cooperate in the back, while the stuff on the top isn't long enough to make it a "long" haircut. Looking forward to pushing through to the other side where it starts looking good again though. Feels like a long time til I'll get there, but it doesn't feel as bad when I look at how quickly the time has passed to get to the point I'm at.

Kaelee
August 28th, 2013, 08:17 AM
I get compliments all the time, actually (though mostly from one person who I see almost daily and seems to have some major hair envy (in a good way) going on :D) I've also been complimented by random people in stores etc. I actually haven't gotten any negative comments, come to think of it. :shrug:

Vampyria
August 28th, 2013, 08:26 AM
Nothing from strangers since my hair is quite short-SL, but my grandmother is kind of annoyed and tells me to stop already because it will never get long like this, every time I cut it because something bothers me. She had long hair when she was young and is quite supportive. I know I should just listen to her, but I'm quite impulsive when it comes to my hair.