PDA

View Full Version : Amla Dabur oil!

goldcopperbrown
August 26th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Has anyone tried this? I've been using it occasionally (as well as Brahmi hair oil which has a coconut base and gotu kola) and of course, not enough time has passed to notice actual growth, but my hair does seem a lot healthier. Only downside is it takes nearly 3 shampoos to get it out of my hair. Since I have pretty straight hair, the oil can't really be concealed.

Has anyone noticed improvements over time with this stuff? Did you see less damage or more growth at all?

Heavy Raindrops
August 26th, 2013, 07:21 PM
I used this oil about a year ago when I didn't really pay attention to my hair like I am now. But it is a product I don't really wish to use again, I wasn't keen on the smell for a start and other oils simply worked better for me (coconut). I don't remember if it affected the rate at which my hair grew sorry. :(

Warda
August 27th, 2013, 04:08 AM
Great thread! Because there isnt much about this oil on here. I have had a few friends that tried it and all reported good results, one of them had hip length or so and the other was just past shoulders I think. Both had beautiful hair!

I am thinking pf trying it myself but I know some people complain of the smell so thats a bit annoying. Plus, the main issue is that it's mineral oil based and I am sulphate and cone free is that okay? Or will I end up getting build up.

lulana
August 27th, 2013, 04:48 AM
I love the oil as a prewash treatment and i really love the smell even if it is a not very sweet or common one, for everyday use i think it is too heavy

AnnaB
August 27th, 2013, 09:00 AM
I loved it, Dabur oils are amazing in my opinion and my hair's opinion :P

Leeloo
August 27th, 2013, 10:34 AM
I think the reason it’s so hard to wash out is because it contains mineral oil. They also use canola oil to make amla extract instead of coconut oil (coconut oil is the best protection from hygral fatigue - water damage). I can’t get petroleum based emollients out of my hair without washing the heck out of it and drying it out, so when I was looking for a hair oil I went for Vatika oil (which is coconut oil bases and does not contain mineral oil).

goldcopperbrown
August 27th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Great thread! Because there isnt much about this oil on here. I have had a few friends that tried it and all reported good results, one of them had hip length or so and the other was just past shoulders I think. Both had beautiful hair!

I am thinking pf trying it myself but I know some people complain of the smell so thats a bit annoying. Plus, the main issue is that it's mineral oil based and I am sulphate and cone free is that okay? Or will I end up getting build up.

Hm, mine is not mineral oil based, and I actually have another one with a coconut oil base. look up "brahmi Hair oil". It's great! When I use it all day and wash it out at night, I wake up the next morning with really thick hair. It also has a rosy scent...but I have tried some in the past that did not.

Warda
August 28th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Hm, mine is not mineral oil based, and I actually have another one with a coconut oil base. look up "brahmi Hair oil". It's great! When I use it all day and wash it out at night, I wake up the next morning with really thick hair. It also has a rosy scent...but I have tried some in the past that did not.

Ohhh, maybe I havent searched well enough. I'll see if I can find other kinds, my hair loves coconut oil! And I'll look for the brahmi oil as well. It sounds good. Thank you!!