PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone C.W?

sarahthegemini
August 26th, 2013, 08:02 AM
As in CWC but w/o the 2nd condish? I'm starting to think I might not need to do the 2nd Co as I use a lot for my 1st Co and I use a LI. Just curious as to what others do? :) My hair is very fine/easily weighed down.

Firefox7275
August 26th, 2013, 08:16 AM
I often don't use a rinse out conditioner, just loads of a leave in conditioner. Partly because I am lazy, partly to reduce dyed hair water exposure. The conditioner wash step should not be conditioning your hair if you have the right product for fine hair - just super gently but effectively cleansing it. I use Inecto and literally get squeaky clean hair providing I massage as I rinse. If your conditioner wash is leaving a residue, then is that laying right over the top of old grime?

sarahthegemini
August 26th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Hmm, I use the same Co for the wash and the conditioning step, my hair is always nice and clean so it does clean my hair effectively, although it might be too rich to use for both ...

eta: I've had a look at Inecto and I think it might overload my hair. I'm not sure of my hair's porosity but I think the coconut oil might tip me over the edge.

lapushka
August 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I wouldn't necessarily skip the second conditioner, as... I believe you're a wavy, right? Or, even a curly girl? The more moisture the better. No kidding. I have F hair too and it's easily weighed down because on top of that I have oily hair, but when your hair's this length (waist and beyond), you *need* the moisture conditioner gives you as those lengths can be dry. If you're not at this length yet, yes, then I can get why you want to eliminate the second conditioner.

sarahthegemini
August 26th, 2013, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't necessarily skip the second conditioner, as... I believe you're a wavy, right? Or, even a curly girl? The more moisture the better. No kidding. I have F hair too and it's easily weighed down because on top of that I have oily hair, but when your hair's this length (waist and beyond), you *need* the moisture conditioner gives you as those lengths can be dry. If you're not at this length yet, yes, then I can get why you want to eliminate the second conditioner.

I'm a wavy yes :) My hair is only just past shoulder length atm. I might mess around with proportions. I always do my 1st Co on dry hair so I use A LOT. I might try using a little less and massaging more whilst rinsing. My hair isn't limp or anything just not as full as when I was cwc-ing say, last week for example. I've cut down on the amount I use for the 2nd and it hasn't really made a difference hence why I thought of skipping it. But I'll try cutting down on the amount for my 1st Co and see what happens.

melusine963
August 26th, 2013, 10:24 AM
I did this back when I was using an anti-dandruff shampoo. It contained sulphates and I had to leave it in for 2-3 minutes at a stretch. I would coat my length with conditioner to protect it, use the shampoo on my scalp, wait while it did its thing, and then rinse everything out. By then I'd be far too impatient to use conditioner again. I'm not sure it was the best way to go, but it seemed to work ok for me.

Firefox7275
August 26th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Hmm, I use the same Co for the wash and the conditioning step, my hair is always nice and clean so it does clean my hair effectively, although it might be too rich to use for both ...

eta: I've had a look at Inecto and I think it might overload my hair. I'm not sure of my hair's porosity but I think the coconut oil might tip me over the edge.

There is virtually no coconut oil in it that is marketing guff, it's really lightweight.

sarahthegemini
August 26th, 2013, 10:55 AM
There is virtually no coconut oil in it that is marketing guff, it's really lightweight.

Oh really? I might give it a try then. I might also try Boots Essentials/Basics codish, although I'll have to check if it's cone free.

eta: Google tells me Boots basic condish is cone free! I'll pick some up tomorrow and try that. I think the problem is, the Co I've been using is very rich so hopefully using the Boots one as the wash will help me get the right balance.

Flaxen
August 26th, 2013, 03:03 PM
Me! Well, technically, I OW (oil, wash), but it's the same really. My hair is ultra fine, and we have soft, slightly acidic water, so I don't need to C again. I mean, I can, or not, so I'm currently testing to see what will happen longer term without a final conditioner. I'll probably still do an occasional deep treatment just because they're fun. :grin:

Ashenputtel
August 26th, 2013, 03:25 PM
I use to to CW but with a rinse in between. Now I use a mild shampoo (sodium coco sulfate based) and do an acv rinse.

I use kimberlily defrizz spray as a leave in. It don't like to have residue in my hair and my scalp becomes super itchy if I don't use shampoo. My hair is about 1C/2A

Cheele
August 26th, 2013, 07:47 PM
I have occasionally. It's not something I'd like to make a habit, though. Sometimes I feel like my hair is conditioned enough or sometime I just don't feel like doing a second condition.

browneyedsusan
August 28th, 2013, 05:47 AM
I just started.

I noticed that the 2nd conditioning was making my hair feel slimey, and it took a really long time to dry. I don't know if it's the henna--I do roots only every month--or what is going on, but my hair is better now that I skip the 2nd conditioning. (I never had these issues with the pixie!)

sarahthegemini
August 28th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I changed the Co I was using for the washing part to very basic, much lighter condish and followed up with my richer co and my hair has regained some of the fullness. I still want to play around with proportions - the co was very runny/watery so it's very easy to distribute so I might be able to use less and focus more on massaging. I've also stopped using oils to seal as I don't think they are absolutely necessary at the moment.