PDA

View Full Version : Hair-lo Everyone :)

overtherainbow
August 24th, 2013, 07:37 PM
Another serial lurker is exposing herself (not literally, that would be disgusting), and she is me. I have spent many a long night compulsively reading thread after thread. More threads than there are hairs on my head.

Since I was 16, I have been a hair-dye and straightening addict. My hair was in poor condition and I decided to bleach it, which left me with a head of hay. Almost a year ago to this day, I decided that enough was enough. I wondered why on earth I was ruining my hair, and had a eureka moment, when I finally realised that hair that was healthy and in good condition was much more attractive than heat processed and permanantly dyed hair. So ever since then I have been using La Riche directions for colouring, letting my hair be completely and utterly skanky when I have no plans, Have been using sulphate and silicone free shampoos and conditioners. Sometimes I use an Ionic hairdrier on a cool setting, other times I put it in plaits and let it dry naturally. The top 12cms of my hair are so soft, silky, and lovely, that I am always stroking it. I have an obsession with moving my fingers down to the frizzy matted ends of my hair. And cursing at myself for causing it so much damage. When styled it looks quite nice, but by the end of the day when the effect has worn off it doesn't look good. At all.

My main concern at the moment is chopping off the damage. Firstly, I want healthy hair, and then I want long hair. I am due a trim now, then by December I will have another one, and all the damaged ends will be chopped of for good, forever, for real. Yahooooo. I can't wait for all of my hair to be as silky as the top part.

But for now, I wait.

~honeyflower~
August 27th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Well, I am happy to say that you are in the right place!

Welcome to LHC!

overtherainbow
October 28th, 2013, 07:56 PM
Well, I am happy to say that you are in the right place!

Welcome to LHC!

Thank you :D

Sooo... I had a trim at the end of August, and now It is the end of October. I am pleased to say that my hair has grown 2 cm's. I always thought that my hair grew exceptionally slowly, but now I have started taking notice of it, I am pleased to say I am average. All hair grows slowly I guess. TOO DAMN BLOODY SLOWLY in my enraged opinion :)

So, I am due another hair cut, and after that, it will be only a few more months until all the skanky matted ends have been chopped off for good, and I have (albeit short) hair worthy of a shampoo commercial. Not that I would use any of that sulphate crap lol.

One thing I am thinking of doing, is a vinegar rinse for my hair. I seem to recall putting some organic apple cider vinegar in my amazon shopping basket once upon a time, but I didn't complete check out.

This song probably sums up all of our hair angst...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dtR-zM1YVVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Till next time people...

AmyBeth
October 29th, 2013, 11:28 PM
Isn't it funny how so many of us just process and damage our hair because....well, I don't know, just because. Until we decide we want nice hair not processed hair.