PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful ankle-length hair...

Eve 322
August 23rd, 2013, 07:00 PM
...on a horse! Measured against the person standing there, I'd suspect it's floor-length by people-standards. I had to share this because this horse's mane is more beautiful than the hair of many humans! ;p I'm pretty sure those are braid waves. Awesome ;)

http://s24.postimg.org/jih65lflx/946361_503118709777582_823751017_n.jpg

prettyinpink
August 23rd, 2013, 07:04 PM
I would cut that horses hair off and make myself a wig =D

young&reckless
August 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
That is one beautiful mane.

winship2
August 23rd, 2013, 07:24 PM
Locks of Love!!!11!!!!!!1!!!!!

fairview
August 23rd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Poor horse. I bet it has never experienced the simple horse pleasure of a good roll in the mud after a summer rain. Beautiful horse though.

Magalo
August 23rd, 2013, 10:27 PM

you made me laugh :lol:

KittyBird
August 24th, 2013, 03:53 AM
:thudpile: I want a pony (and a lot of money and a place to keep it)
I used to have horses, and two of them had manes as long as that. Not as well-maintained though, as my horses spent a lot of time outside with their hair down. No protective styling for them ;)

NuclearApple
August 24th, 2013, 04:53 AM
I love horses,this is beautiful :flower:

Vampyria
August 24th, 2013, 06:59 AM
Oh, Gypsy Vanner!:crush: And blue eyes...:thudpile:

Majormiles
August 24th, 2013, 07:34 AM
How beautiful!

massivecnqstdr
August 24th, 2013, 08:28 AM

-snort- :scissors:

woolyleprechaun
August 24th, 2013, 08:42 AM
Ooooh how pretty. Reminds me of a horse I saw a few weeks back; someone had put lots of little braids in it's mane :) I was cooing for hours...

jacqueline101
August 24th, 2013, 08:48 AM
Beautiful horse.

spidermom
August 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM
Gorgeous, enviable mane.

trolleypup
August 24th, 2013, 11:03 AM
Poor horse. I bet it has never experienced the simple horse pleasure of a good roll in the mud after a summer rain. Beautiful horse though.
I'll bet it has escaped its paddock and found pool of black slime to roll in...*right before* a show!

YamaMaya
August 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I'm sure he/she has their mane tied up for turnout or something like that, you can't just keep a horse indoors all day, it's inhumane.

PixieKitten
August 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM
My horse had to be clipped and hogged earlier in the year due to lice. His mane is juuust starting to go over to the one side now, it's about 4in long. I wouldn't want it this long simply because his hair has broken 3 brushes already, but he's gonna have it long. Definately!!

tigereye
August 24th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Ankle-length? You mean toe (well, fetlock)-length. :D The ankle is where you expect the knee to be (knee is high up, close to the hip). Imaging having hair to your toes. *sighs with envy*
Oh, I bet that horse has been covered head to toe in mud before. Imagine trying to get that white again.

i always wanted a fresian cross. They tend to grow long manes too. When I can afford to keep one, maybe one day.

melusine963
August 24th, 2013, 05:42 PM
I would cut that horses hair off and make myself a wig =D

Sounds like a good idea. :D

melusine963
August 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM
My horse had to be clipped and hogged earlier in the year due to lice. His mane is juuust starting to go over to the one side now, it's about 4in long. I wouldn't want it this long simply because his hair has broken 3 brushes already, but he's gonna have it long. Definately!!

What a horrifying thought! I had no idea horses could get lice, although come to think of it they're covered in hair so why wouldn't they be susceptible?

Eve 322
August 25th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Ankle-length? You mean toe (well, fetlock)-length. :D The ankle is where you expect the knee to be (knee is high up, close to the hip). Imaging having hair to your toes. *sighs with envy*
Oh, I bet that horse has been covered head to toe in mud before. Imagine trying to get that white again.

i always wanted a fresian cross. They tend to grow long manes too. When I can afford to keep one, maybe one day.
I stand corrected. Good info!

Komao
August 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM
That is beautiful hair. I was just looking at threads regarding hair that tangles. I bet that horses hair doesn't tangle or if it does, I'd like to know how they maintain it:o

tigereye
August 26th, 2013, 09:59 AM
That is beautiful hair. I was just looking at threads regarding hair that tangles. I bet that horses hair doesn't tangle or if it does, I'd like to know how they maintain it:o
It probably does tangle, but horse hair is co coarse, there's much less visible damage. That and the owner probably keeps its mane and tail braided, at very least to stop the horse getting caught on fences and such when its out to pasture.

Leeloo
August 26th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Very beautiful!

gthlvrmx
August 26th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Ahh horesy! :D :) What beautiful long hair it has! :D So beautiful! I'd love to have a horse like that to play with it's hair :P :D <3

Sharysa
August 26th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Eeeee, gorgeous! I've always wanted a horse, but recently I've been wanting one just so I could have a model to test out all my fancy braids on.

Also, I thought that was a very uncommon Shire or Clydesdale at first, but I knew his/her build was a little off.

Foxylocks
August 26th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Why can't I have hair that awesome?

Cheele
August 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM
Hehe, very cute. That is one gorgeoussss horse. Love the braid waves.

Tangle or Curl?
August 26th, 2013, 07:39 PM
I've actually seen outdoor horses who's mane was braided and bandaged for a month at a time have manes similar to that. Gypsy Vanners have long mane and tail genes to begin with, so about half of that would be his natural state.

Haybop
August 27th, 2013, 01:23 AM
I want that horse!! I bet plaiting all that hair must be amazing.... you just know that a horse that beautiful and white is the one that's always trying to find some dirt to roll in when it's out ;)

Teufelchen
August 27th, 2013, 05:16 AM
These are certainly braid waves. And it looks beautiful.

I ride a horse with a long mane as well and it is usually braided in a perimeter type braid so it can get rid of the flies and roll over without breaking the mane, so I guess they are doing something similar to keep the mane this long and beautiful. :D

@Haybob: I am with you, it is an overall lovely horse.

sarahthegemini
August 27th, 2013, 03:44 PM
Gorgeous looking horse. And such a beautiful mane.