PDA

View Full Version : has anyone experienced this before?

kittymallow
August 23rd, 2013, 03:34 PM
I have for the last 5 months been shedding alot:(, (most likely an after effect on 6 months of roaccutane) and i have now started to notice my hair starting to get noticably thinner on the sides. I have stredched my washes from every day to every 3 days, or as long as i can go, because the shedding is worse when my hair is wet. I take omega 3 and a hair supplement, but i will start taking biotin and garlic pills soon, to see if that will help me. BUT the thing i actually wanted to ask about is, Has anyone here had burning/aching or the sore feeling kind of like a bruise on their scalp before? because this week my scalp has started to ache on the places where my hair has become thinnest, and it is so strange!! Can it be becasue new hair is growing out again? because i have notices ALOT of new babyhairs all over my head now.

has anybody else experienced this? <3

lapushka
August 23rd, 2013, 04:02 PM
Go see a doctor. If your hair is thinning, it's about time you saw one, especially when on medication that may have these side-effects!

jacqueline101
August 23rd, 2013, 04:43 PM
I'd go to the doctor. It sounds pretty serious if your head aches.

BlondeWavyGal
August 23rd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I never shed. Ever. It creeps me out a bit.

Firefox7275
August 23rd, 2013, 05:15 PM
I have for the last 5 months been shedding alot:(, (most likely an after effect on 6 months of roaccutane) and i have now started to notice my hair starting to get noticably thinner on the sides. I have stredched my washes from every day to every 3 days, or as long as i can go, because the shedding is worse when my hair is wet. I take omega 3 and a hair supplement, but i will start taking biotin and garlic pills soon, to see if that will help me. BUT the thing i actually wanted to ask about is, Has anyone here had burning/aching or the sore feeling kind of like a bruise on their scalp before? because this week my scalp has started to ache on the places where my hair has become thinnest, and it is so strange!! Can it be becasue new hair is growing out again? because i have notices ALOT of new babyhairs all over my head now.

has anybody else experienced this? <3

Side effects of prescription meds as harsh as isotretinoin should be addressed by your dermatologist. Please don't megadose biotin without the agreement of an appropriately qualified health professional given you've already stressed your body with massive doses of another vitamin: instead eat a nutrient dense, varied and balanced wholefood diet, including oily fish for the skin and hair friendly micronutrients (eg. biotin, vitamin D) not just the omega-3s. Plus one side effect of megadosing biotin is acne which presumably is the last thing you want!
http://igorsbelltower.blogspot.co.uk/2011/02/infamous-biotin-rant.html

Be sure you are protecting your scalp from the sun religiously, you hopefully know to wear sunblock but it's easy to forget spots like the scalp and top of the ears.

cosmic crusader
August 23rd, 2013, 06:06 PM
Aw sad. Yes. I have had increased shedding the past two months + that aching scalp feeling. At first I thought it was from wearing my hair up but it has continued with it down :[. I was hoping it was a seasonal thing? Not much info to give you other than letting you know I'm experiencing it as well. The area that is sore is my crown.

prettyinpink
August 23rd, 2013, 07:08 PM
it sounds like you may have a thyroid problem. i wouyld get bloodwork done if I were you

irisheyes
August 23rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
I was having an aching, burning feeling on the top of my head and I noticed the hair there felt thinner when I ran my fingers through it. So I looked at what I was doing, changed two simple things, and I think it helped. First I stopped dumping full strength shampoo on top of my head, changing to dilute shampoo on that area of my scalp instead, followed by lots of rinsing. Next, I decided to support my hair when I shampoo instead if just letting it hang down. Ok, it may sound silly, but my hair is tbl, and very heavy when wet. I think my hair was pulling out and my scalp was sore from the water weight pulling on it. Since I started doing this, I only lose a pinch of hair each time I shampoo. Only a pinch! When I comb it out afterwards, I only lose maybe 5 strands. I haven't changed anything else in my routine. Now I'm hoping my hair thickens up again. However, even if you try to change something in your washing method, a visit to the doctor is still a good suggestion for reasons others here have already mentioned.