PDA

View Full Version : Are you tender headed?

kmoc123
August 23rd, 2013, 11:42 AM
My son is playing with my hair right now and it HURTS!!!! He has tried to do the bow (too long and heavy), several buns (wrong pins) and finally a cinnamon roll bun that is sort of holding. No one ever even brushes it but me and now I know why...OUCH!!!

arelrios
August 23rd, 2013, 12:10 PM
I think I am. I have almost BSL hair, and I noticed since I started growing the pixie I had for more than 5 years (started growing it 10 years ago) that every-time I either part my hair or put it up, or do a ponytail, etc. my scalp will get super tender.

Just last week I parted my hair to the left and did a small braid (in the front) and held it with a bobby pin... dear LORD!.... 3 hours later I had such a huge headache that in order to relieve it a bit, had to do a very long massage...

I don't do updos too tight or anything... I think the years I spent with short hair got me used to not having anything on my head. ... maybe i am wrong... who knows...

sabrinaclrke
August 23rd, 2013, 12:19 PM
Everytime I put my hair up, no matter how, I get a headache. I'm not sure if that counts, but it's very annoying when you'd like to protect your hair...

ProverbsGirl
August 23rd, 2013, 12:21 PM
I didn't used to be. But I am now. I hate when my toddler jumps on me and my hair gets pulled.
when I brush my own hair or go to get my hair done I'm good. It is just when the kids accidently tug at it.

Faralie
August 23rd, 2013, 12:25 PM
Only time I get tender is if my hair is wet. Some of my worst memories as a kid was of my mom yanking through my hair with a wire brush. Good LORD did that hurt! But I guess it desensitized me after a while, so I guess it wasn't ALL bad.

BlazingHeart
August 23rd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Oh yes, quite tenderheaded and always have been. Going to the salon is always somewhat unpleasant for me, especially if my hair is long.

henné
August 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Yup, very. It's gotten better now though.

Foxylocks
August 23rd, 2013, 12:32 PM
I am overly tenderheaded. Sometimes I have to redo my bun 5-6 times until I get it to be comfortable. Other days, there is nothing I can do to make the bun to be comfortable, so I am forced to make a braid.

BeccaAngel
August 23rd, 2013, 12:37 PM
Yep I'm tender headed, but that's because I have psoriasis on my scalp. Cant use hot water(not that you should on any scalp) and gotta be gentle with washing, combing and so on.

QuillEnchanted
August 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I am.

Even as a child, I HATED letting people touch or style my hair. Brushing was a nightmare, and not even because of tangles.

Now, any style that creates a pressure point on my head leads to a headache. Not fun. I also refrain from wearing hats and head bands for this reason.

Pre LHC, I didn't know any comfortable ways to put my hair up in a bun, so I just braided it every day. Now I can use a hair stick and do a disc bun, which seems to distribute the weight of the hair more gently and doesn't pull on my scalp. [thanks LHC!]

see_turtle
August 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
I think I am to a point. Sometimes my updos hurt and I redo them. My mother was pretty rough on my hair/scalp as a child she liked my hair in pigtails. I recall crying a lot.

chen bao jun
August 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Yes, I really am, always have been.
It's inconvenient.

MaryMarx
August 24th, 2013, 04:09 PM
No, not at all. I can pull as hard as possible and it won't hurt.
Although I have a certain small spot at the neck that hurts if it's too tight in braids and updos, even the smallest tug hurts.

YamaMaya
August 24th, 2013, 04:21 PM
No matter loose my updo is, I always end up with a sore scalp, it's quite a pain. I haven't yet found a comfortable all day way to updo, so I have to take my bun down after only a few hours. Even braids sometimes create sore spots where the braid is if I do it too tight.

Skade
August 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM
No, not so much. I am used to children playing with my hair.

browneyedsusan
August 24th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I think I am. I have almost BSL hair, and I noticed since I started growing the pixie I had for more than 5 years (started growing it 10 years ago) that every-time I either part my hair or put it up, or do a ponytail, etc. my scalp will get super tender.

Just last week I parted my hair to the left and did a small braid (in the front) and held it with a bobby pin... dear LORD!.... 3 hours later I had such a huge headache that in order to relieve it a bit, had to do a very long massage...

I don't do updos too tight or anything... I think the years I spent with short hair got me used to not having anything on my head. ... maybe i am wrong... who knows...

Me too!

I wear my hair up almost every day, but it's hard to tolerate. A half-day is my limit, then I have to re-work it into something different, or take it down. When I first started growing, I got a headache 10 minutes after pinning my bangs back.
I blame the pixie, too! BAD pixie!

thistledown
August 24th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Yes I am definitely. I dread the hairdresser every time even though she's gentle.

Brattina88
August 26th, 2013, 09:35 PM
I like to have my hair played with, brushed and even pulled when the kids want to do it. It feels good :p But I can NOT have my hair up all day, it hurts too bad and I'll get a headache. I'm lucky if I can last an 8 hour work day, I usually only make it halfway through, I'll take it down and leave it during nap time (an hour or two if I'm lucky) and then redo differently.

juliaxena
August 27th, 2013, 01:43 AM
Yep. I had a headache yesterday and then I figure out it is from a tinsy scalp pimple...

Zebra Fish
August 27th, 2013, 02:17 AM
Few days after washing, updos hurt me on scalp. The only thing I can wear with no or little problems is a lazy wrap bun secured with a hairstick or a low plane braid. Still trying to figure something else that I could wear (and manage to do it :P) that would hurt after few hours.

FuzzyBlackWaves
August 27th, 2013, 06:23 AM
It doesn't hurt when my hair gets pulled but tight updos cut off my blood flow somewhat. Weird, huh?

catamonica
September 1st, 2013, 03:10 PM
I wear a low braided bun. It's more comfortable than a high bun. I don't like buns to close near the top of my head.

kittykat86
September 3rd, 2013, 08:34 AM
I have always been tender headed. When I was little, my mom would pull the brush through my hair and I would cry. Then I would get hit with the brush and cry more. I still have a tender head but my braids and buns do not cause many problems.

AmyBeth
September 3rd, 2013, 10:53 AM
I am overly tenderheaded. Sometimes I have to redo my bun 5-6 times until I get it to be comfortable. Other days, there is nothing I can do to make the bun to be comfortable, so I am forced to make a braid.
This. Oh, yeah. A low bun feels better than a high bun, a braided bun works better than an unbraided bun, but most days, whether I'm using spin pins, a ficcare or hairsticks, it feels like the entire weight of the bun is supported by 2 or 3 individual hairs that pull and pull till I can't endure it. Thank goodness for parandas! I can do a French or English braid and dress it up and feel good wearing it!

Cindershadow
September 3rd, 2013, 12:48 PM
My head hurts when someone other than me brushes it, and whenever I try to use headbands (especially the rigid plastic ones).

Mainesongbird
September 4th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Yes, I definitely am, nobody touches mine but me and when they have in the past it hurt. :/

Macaroni
September 4th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I never thought so but recently hair pins hit a certain spot and after a while I can feel the pressure.

deja
September 12th, 2013, 10:23 AM
I am very tender headed. I used to cry when my aunt braided my hair. Now, no one handles my hair except for me because I'm very gentle, not wanting to hurt and not wanting my hair to come out.

rose313
September 12th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Nope, you can yank and pull and I'm fine. Hairdressers always ask if they're hurting me and I'm like what? I didn't notice!

goldenlady
September 13th, 2013, 08:02 AM
I'm very tender headed! So annoying! But yeh.. low & loose buns are my fave. I always prefer the feeling of my hair down though!