PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who measure monthly

prettyinpink
August 23rd, 2013, 12:34 AM
Hi! This is my first post, so I'm not sure if I'm doing this right!

Anyways, I was wondering if you know exactly how much your hair grows each month

Mine grows a touch over a half inch. After I had jaw surgery I was on a liquid diet and my hair hardly grew at all! I guess that means diet is very important

thank you!

kiezel
August 23rd, 2013, 02:47 AM
You lie! You have 8 posts, ahaha. :P

Mine grows nearly 2 inches every month, if my diet is correct and I eat enough fish.

martyna_22
August 23rd, 2013, 02:56 AM

Mine grows nearly 2 inches every month, if my diet is correct and I eat enough fish.

I guess she meant thread ;)
And seriously? 2 inches? That is some crazy growth! Mine doesn't grow even an inch a month...

Quixii
August 23rd, 2013, 03:18 AM
At this length, my hair seems to grow very slowly. I don't actually measure any more, but I doubt it's as much as half an inch per month.

sparrowswing
August 23rd, 2013, 03:28 AM
I average a half inch per month, but it varies depending on the season. Through the summer I'm lucky to get a quarter inch in a month, but in the fall I get close to an inch per month, so it balances out. Diet does affect growth; I think I would get a bit more growth if I took daily vitamins.

vindo
August 23rd, 2013, 05:15 AM

Please get in touch with the book of wold records since you beat the fastest growing hair I think ;)
Must be like "this month I will grow to BSL and then the next month to waist..:lol:

From measuring I can see that my hair grows about 1.8cm a month, which is a good deal faster than the average 0.4" a person gets. I also grew out henna, and it took me 4 years to grow it out at TBL, which confirms my measurements are right.

NuclearApple
August 23rd, 2013, 05:20 AM
the only thing I know is that it grows fast,I think...1,5 inches per month,maby something less but we are here :o

DaveDecker
August 23rd, 2013, 05:53 AM

Hmm.... I checked and it was actually prettyinpink's 4th post out of 8 posts within a 48 minute span of time today. I'm not inclined to give newbies a hard time over meaningless things.

Arien
August 23rd, 2013, 06:15 AM
In the summer, about 1" a month, in the winter 1/2-3/4" a month. Diet plays a huge part. It's the same with everything though isn't it. If you don't eat properly, your body doesn't get the nutrients it needs.

jacqueline101
August 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
I measure from my hair line down my back.

SerinaDaith
August 23rd, 2013, 08:13 AM
It depends on the month. Some months I'll get an inch others I get zip. It equaled about 6.5 inches of total growth last year which was worth six inches of length due to a .5 inch trim. I only check every other month now so that it always feels like I have growth rather than freaking out once a month if I hit another stall.

kiezel
August 23rd, 2013, 08:23 AM
Please get in touch with the book of wold records since you beat the fastest growing hair I think ;)
Must be like "this month I will grow to BSL and then the next month to waist..:lol:

From measuring I can see that my hair grows about 1.8cm a month, which is a good deal faster than the average 0.4" a person gets. I also grew out henna, and it took me 4 years to grow it out at TBL, which confirms my measurements are right.

I guess she meant thread ;)
And seriously? 2 inches? That is some crazy growth! Mine doesn't grow even an inch a month...
I suppose I could be estimating it wrong...so far I've only been eyeballing. But it does grow a noticeable amount every month.

But sadly it's just parts of my hair. My bangs grow dreadfully slowly :cry:

I'm going to start a length shot album so I can finally record my progress!!

Hmm.... I checked and it was actually prettyinpink's 4th post out of 8 posts within a 48 minute span of time today. I'm not inclined to give newbies a hard time over meaningless things.

I was just pulling her leg ^_^

blace
August 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
I just started measuring, but from July 31 to today I have grown a solid inch. I am anxious to see where I'm at on the 31st of this month and to see what the future months hold.

jeanniet
August 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM
Hair doesn't usually grow a set amount each and every month. It can vary quite a bit. I never measure because I really don't care about being that precise, but on estimate I'd say my hair grows anywhere from 1/2" to almost 3" a month. Just depends--which is one reason I don't bother measuring and just take pictures every few months instead (when I'm growing that is; right now I'm not).

Sharysa
August 23rd, 2013, 12:51 PM
My hair growth tends towards half to three-fourths of an inch, but it's starting to slow down with the weather cooling off.

Leeloo
August 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM
I just started measuring so I'm not sure yet, but I just wanted to say welcome to the forum!

prettyinpink
August 23rd, 2013, 02:43 PM
Sorry, I meant first thread.

DaveDecker
August 23rd, 2013, 03:08 PM
I was just pulling her leg ^_^

I should have known that but was in desperate need of coffee at the time of posting. :o

massivecnqstdr
August 23rd, 2013, 03:27 PM
My hair grows approximately 1 cm per month. I can get a little more if I drink a ton of water and eat a lot of calories. I'm that type of person who is always thin, cold, and requiring a lot of food. I wish I could get growth rates like all you ladies! I continue to try and improve my diet, so we shall see!

Foxylocks
August 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
I envy you. My hair grows only half an inch per month, or less.