PDA

View Full Version : Want to dye my hair after henna

ArienEllariel
August 22nd, 2013, 06:24 PM
Hey everyone, I want some good advice on this but I'll give my background first. I've been hennaing my hair for probably 6 months or so. Maybe a year. When I started I was hennaing over a dark blonde boxed dye. As you can imagine, I now have several inches of virgin light ash brown roots that are also coated in henna. I should note that my virgin hair seems not to hold henna near as well as the previously dyed length. I just did my roots a couple weeks back and they're already fading significantly. What I was wondering is this, can I use a boxed dye over my hair and not end up with a weird color? Should I try something like color oops first? I'm thinking I'd like a nice medium to dark brown color. Thoughts? Suggestions? I loved the red but henna just isn't wanting to stick.

AnnaB
August 23rd, 2013, 02:07 PM
I would research LHC for threads on color oops. There are a few where people said it helped them a lot. BUT this will only work if your henna was PURE, if it wasnt body art quality then your hair might turn green.

Also if you have any hendigo in your hair at all then it wont budge no matter that you try.

Dying over henna...I think you will have an obvious line between roots and henna because henna wraps hair and it because slightly thicker so for this reason your virgin roots will be totally different. but this is just my opinion though.

also if you do like henna then you could try different kinds. It might not sticking because you apply it before the dye is released. I normally leave mine mixed for at least 8 hours before I apply to hair. Or you might apply it too late after mixing (eg couple days in room temp). Or maybe you had a bad batch of henna. Some say that hot water ruins henna too...

so how do you mix yours?

otherwise I don't know what else to suggest. Go cold turkey and grow the virgin hair?