PDA

View Full Version : Guys with Fancy Lady Hair!

faellen
August 22nd, 2013, 02:39 AM
One of my Facebook friends posted this on my feed, thought it might amuse you guys :) (if you haven't seen it already!)

http://www.thebolditalic.com/Jessica_Saia/stories/3547-guys-with-fancy-lady-hair/

MaryMarx
August 22nd, 2013, 02:43 AM
I love it! I can take the Hippie guy, thanks. :o

stachelbeere
August 22nd, 2013, 03:13 AM
I'd go with the Mormon prom guy... :D

what a great website btw, I haven't heard of it!

Haybop
August 22nd, 2013, 03:25 AM
I'm with you on the Mormon Prom guy, but Brigitte Bardot style isn't too bad either (I think I just love his hair so much!) - and the styles are all brilliant - we must see if any of the long haired fellas on here would be willing to try them out.... for research purposes of course :)

SongofLove
August 22nd, 2013, 03:39 AM
Wow great link!! Hehe I have to say those guys look all pretty hot with those styles :inlove:

martyna_22
August 22nd, 2013, 03:41 AM
You made my day :D Thanks :)

Stray_mind
August 22nd, 2013, 03:45 AM
Mormon prom is actually very nice :)

gnome82
August 22nd, 2013, 03:52 AM
Brilliant Thank You for sharing :D

MaryO
August 22nd, 2013, 03:52 AM
Wow, some of those guys have some nice thick looking hair!

daredevil14
August 22nd, 2013, 03:55 AM
As a guy with long hair, I definitely think that it's "hard" to go out with such styles hahaha, they are quite feminine. But at the same time, I try my best not to stick with the "boring ponytail"!

Other than down and a ponytail, I wanna start trying half-ups, braids and buns! :D

Stray_mind
August 22nd, 2013, 04:00 AM
I think half-ups and braids look really good on guys.

KittyBird
August 22nd, 2013, 04:09 AM
I love Hippie Wedding! The beard decorations are just awesome :cool:

Dewdrop
August 22nd, 2013, 04:22 AM
Desperately vintage is really lovely, I'm trying it out right now XD

vamq
August 22nd, 2013, 04:46 AM
Hahaha, I love this. I'll make sure to repost it on my Facebook wall to freak out my short haired male friends :D

Those updo's look really good though o.0'

NuclearApple
August 22nd, 2013, 04:52 AM
hahaha the brigitte bardot style is superb!

Bene
August 22nd, 2013, 05:01 AM
I came in here to sing the praises of Mormon Prom guy, and I see that other people have as well. So, I'm wondering about that. I think it's because he owns it. Desperately Vintage has a bit of a smirk or hint of a grimace on his face, Sass Bun's face is too small for the do, Mother of the Bride looks dour. But Mormon Prom guy enjoys his hair. And he's pretty. That helps.

My close second would be Chaperone Chic. He's doing his thing in a Regency Period kind of a way. Tempered, stylish, and classy. I'd cast him as Elinor Dashwood :D

Thinthondiel
August 22nd, 2013, 05:01 AM
I really like Brigitte Bardot (Russell Brand, anyone?) and mother of the bride as men's hairstyles. And I would have liked chaperone chic if they had brushed his hair back instead of keeping his middle part.

Arien
August 22nd, 2013, 05:12 AM
Ha! :D. This really made me giggle. Thanks for that! :D. I was trying to show my brother-in-law how to do a bun with sticks the other week because he was asking how to do it lol, so I ended up doing his hair up in a bun with my hair moon. Aside from the fact that I am not the best at doing other people's hair it looked alright actually lol.

faellen
August 22nd, 2013, 06:15 AM
Glad I made some of you giggle, haha! :D I think Brigitte Bardot is my fave!

shutterpillar
August 22nd, 2013, 09:06 AM
This is fantastic!

Kaelee
August 22nd, 2013, 09:15 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That's great!

ladylowtide
August 22nd, 2013, 09:33 AM
Wow. Some of these are totally wearable. Like the chaperone one. I wish my SO had his long hair again so I could try some of these on him. These guys look totally princely.

millyaulait
August 22nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
This is sooooo cute! :o

Ocelan
August 22nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Aww, they are so cute! :)

Shizuku
August 22nd, 2013, 10:31 AM
Ahah! That is so cute! I love guys with long hair and would love to try these styles out. :D My favorite model is mother-of-the-bride. He looks so classy and sassy and reminds me of my science teacher. (Not in a creepy way!) My favorite hairstyle is definitely mormon prom. It looks so intricate. I wish my hair was thick and long enough to do that.

Wavelength
August 22nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
Hah, this is awesome! I sent the link to my husband (who has long hair that he usually wears in a braided lazy-wrap bun). He loved it. :grnbiggri

The Mormon Prom and Brigitte Bardot guys totally own their hairstyles!

woolyleprechaun
August 22nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
Ohhhhh wow :) They all look so sweet! It reminds me of braiding my Dad's hair and beard when I was a child. It takes a special kind of man to do this :)

spidermom
August 22nd, 2013, 11:12 AM
hahahahahahahahahahahaha
Consider my day made.

Dark Rosaleen
August 22nd, 2013, 11:35 AM
:laugh:
I think Bardot and the Hippie wedding are my favorite. This was great, thanks.

Unofficial_Rose
August 22nd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Brigitte Bardot looks like Russell Brand.

Leeloo
August 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Great website, thanks for posting. The guys’ hair styles look great! Not sure about the flowers in their hair though.

Bardot style guy does look like Russell Brand :D

Hootenanny
August 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM
This is one of the best things I've seen in a long time. I just lost it at the guy with the flowers in his beard. :lol: So fun!

jacqueline101
August 22nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
I like Bridget Bardot.

QuillEnchanted
August 22nd, 2013, 01:17 PM
I too think the chaperone style looks completely wearable.

Just goes to show, it's all in the attitude. Own the style and it looks great :)

Othala
August 22nd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Desperately Vintage...that guy I would want to date If I wasn't married.

PrincessBob
August 22nd, 2013, 01:26 PM
Super awesome! I love that many of them are bearded as well. Snuggles has long hair and a beard, too. Many of those styles don't actually seem all that ridiculous, even.

Ashenputtel
August 22nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
I love the brigitte Bardot, that guy really makes me crack up!

Unicorn
August 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM
I'm another who saw the Russel Brand resemblance :D In fact I thought the pic at the top of the page was Russel Brand.

Unicorn

jeanniet
August 22nd, 2013, 03:30 PM
Hippy Guy!

ETA: Errr...I mean Hippie Guy. Although he might be hippy, too, you never know. :couch:

Soltimus
August 22nd, 2013, 03:33 PM
Those are awesome pictures! My favourite is definitely the hippie guy, but they're all so good. I'm going to have to show all my friends. And family. Everyone, really! No one should miss out on this :D

Quixii
August 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
That's great. xD

Yozhik
August 22nd, 2013, 05:32 PM
I'm trying to convince my friends to convince their bfs/SOs to grow out their hair so that we can do this and have a fabulous hairstyling party. :D

grungy haze
August 22nd, 2013, 06:27 PM
This is pretty fantastic.

trolleypup
August 22nd, 2013, 07:00 PM
Personally, I'd want something that looks sleeker. If someone wants to try something on me, I'm game.

EdG
August 22nd, 2013, 07:09 PM
That's awesome. :cool:

The page reminded me of a guy who, years ago, would wear his hair in all sorts of fancy styles (http://archive.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=24730).

The "Mother of the bride" reminded me of our own Tight-bunned mean ladies and gents club (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=6616).

Finally, the ladies of the LHC swooning over these guys is positive proof that we bred long hair into ourselves. ;)
Ed

Teazel
August 22nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
Love it! :D

lilliemer
August 22nd, 2013, 08:36 PM
Hilarious! The best part is that each of the guys seems to fit the hairstyle in his own way...especially Hippie Wedding and Mormon Prom. Many LOLs!!!

Juli414
August 22nd, 2013, 08:56 PM
I think that with the right colors of hair toys (maybe not white) and right flowers, those could be very doable for the real world. That is, with few repercussions from the Muggles.

Gumball
August 22nd, 2013, 09:13 PM
Personally, I'd want something that looks sleeker. If someone wants to try something on me, I'm game.

:agree: Ditto.

trolleypup
August 23rd, 2013, 12:21 AM
:agree: Ditto.
Not that I can do fancy styles worth a damn, but feel free to get in touch when you make it up to the City!

Aemelia
August 23rd, 2013, 12:37 AM
I wonder if there are any "girlie" styles that guys actually covet?

trolleypup
August 23rd, 2013, 12:54 AM
I wonder if there are any "girlie" styles that guys actually covet?
Simple or fancy french braids, herringbone braids. I'd love to try some more elaborate styles for spacial occasions.

Bagginslover
August 23rd, 2013, 03:49 AM
I think 'mother of the bride' and 'Mormon prom' are both pretty wearable styles for gents. Not sure all guys would want the flowers and accessories, but the styles themselves are lovely, and not overly girly (MotB even looks pretty business-like from the front).

Unicorn
August 23rd, 2013, 03:56 AM
Simple or fancy french braids, herringbone braids. I'd love to try some more elaborate styles for spacial occasions.

I dressed my ex's hair in a french braid for a family wedding. It was very well received and he looked absolutely drool worthy, all suited and coiffed. He was more than happy to have his hair out of the way. He was flirted with all day by women of all ages :)

Unicorn

MunaZaldrizoti
August 23rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
I saw this on Tumblr earlier today, I loved it! :)

lapushka
August 23rd, 2013, 05:18 AM
Nice updos, great idea as well. I still prefer short hair on guys, though. ;)

Nae
August 23rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
Wow, I am loving so many of those styles on those guys.

I think Hippie Wedding, should actually be titled "LOTR, When Gimli Gets Married." So awesome.

I think Chaperone Chic would look good on any guy. I mean really, that is totally wearable. It has a Mohawk type vibe that is totally macho.

Loves it!!!

BrightEyes
August 23rd, 2013, 07:28 AM
Hilarious! What a great start to my day :D I loved the Hippy Wedding and Mormon Prom.

rowie
August 23rd, 2013, 08:12 AM
Ha ha I'm probably the only guy in LHC who probably wears Heidi braids! Hey it's the most comfortable style for running and sleeping yo! I'm still waiting until I can wrap a single English braid around my head, and you better believe i'll be workin' it when that time comes! <snap> <snap> :lol:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/470e04f2-672f-459c-8f80-9935b5d613e4_zps89c4287f.jpg

veryhairyfairy
August 23rd, 2013, 05:56 PM
Ha ha I'm probably the only guy in LHC who probably wears Heidi braids! Hey it's the most comfortable style for running and sleeping yo! I'm still waiting until I can wrap a single English braid around my head, and you better believe i'll be workin' it when that time comes! <snap> <snap> :lol:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/470e04f2-672f-459c-8f80-9935b5d613e4_zps89c4287f.jpg

LOVE it! :D A single English braid wrapped around my head is my only goal at the moment, I can't wait to wear it! And I bet it looks killer on a dude! :hifive:

veryhairyfairy
August 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM
(sorry for the redundant pic quote!)

And thanks for the share, OP! I'll be sending this along to all my peeps, and especially my brother with ridiculously gorgeous hair. He buzzes it almost bald right now, but it looks so great when he grows it out! (I think he might harbor secret longhair tendencies, too. I'd love to enable... Muahaha!)

Nae
August 23rd, 2013, 06:36 PM

Look at you rocking an awesome looking braid! I love it.

rowie
August 23rd, 2013, 10:08 PM
LOVE it! :D A single English braid wrapped around my head is my only goal at the moment, I can't wait to wear it! And I bet it looks killer on a dude! :hifive:
Thanks!:flower: Honestly, I've learned so much from LHC and one of the biggest lesson I've learned is to wear my hair the way I want it and not care what society will think of it. I do wish though that sometimes I wouldn't have to be careful of my safety for some places, but hey at least I can grow my hair out and quickly do a conservative look for those sudden situations. :)

Look at you rocking an awesome looking braid! I love it.
Aww thanks I'm glad you like it. :flower: It's been fun hanging out with you at the "wear your hairtoys all at once thread." I need to add you as a friend on here before I forget. :)

easternsunrise
August 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
I love long hair on men. I wish my husband's hair wasn't so thin and getting thinner. Some of these dudes have beautiful hair, just lovely.

MeowScat
August 24th, 2013, 11:26 AM
What made me laugh the most was the dramatic "look over the shoulder" pics. What good sports they are!

yahirwaO.o
December 28th, 2014, 11:44 PM
Not sure If going to revive this but Im tempted to try with the Hippie Weeding one..... and maybe the Bardot with the messy waves I used to get LOL ;)

Aurum
December 29th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I love this so much. Most of these styles, sans flowers, could and should be in style for men. I particularly like Mormon Prom and Chaperone Chic, both of which give off a warrior-ish vibe. Hippie Wedding is hilariously adorable. :crush: