PDA

View Full Version : Dry Wet Hair?

BeccaAngel
August 21st, 2013, 06:14 PM
Although I usually can try an olive oil treatment and maybe it would work, I am currently out of that. Something I've noticed is that when I go to wash my hair (I shampoo then condition, use more conditioner than shampoo and leave conditioner in for a few mins or so then of course rinse). I wet my hair down but my hair feels dry? I don't wanna say crunchy but its pretty close to that. It could be from the last hair color job I did a few weeks ago and bought cheap dye. But reguardless of the cause is there something I can do about this?

BeccaAngel
August 21st, 2013, 07:05 PM
P.S. I wash my hair every other day and take vitamins too. Any advice would be helpful, thanks :).

ravenreed
August 21st, 2013, 08:33 PM
Olive oil makes my hair feel crunchy, as does coconut oil. Do you have protein in your routine? It could cause that feeling.

BeccaAngel
August 21st, 2013, 09:17 PM
i eat foods with protien if that counts

ravenreed
August 21st, 2013, 11:47 PM
No, I was referring to your shampoo or conditioner. One of the first things I do if my hair feels off is clarify. It could just be build up.

Firefox7275
August 22nd, 2013, 03:04 AM
Although I usually can try an olive oil treatment and maybe it would work, I am currently out of that. Something I've noticed is that when I go to wash my hair (I shampoo then condition, use more conditioner than shampoo and leave conditioner in for a few mins or so then of course rinse). I wet my hair down but my hair feels dry? I don't wanna say crunchy but its pretty close to that. It could be from the last hair color job I did a few weeks ago and bought cheap dye. But reguardless of the cause is there something I can do about this?

It's not really regardless of the cause, once you identify the cause you can work on the solution. Did you do a full head dye and was that over hair that has previously been dyed? Did you prep with coconut oil and/ or hydrolysed protein for protection? Do you have hard water or swim, have you chelated to remove mineral deposits lately?

You can certainly try clarifying, but if you did a full head permanent dye a few weeks ago the peroxide and alkaline agents in that will have basically clarified your hair, if that did not improve the situation it's less likely to be product build up.

Beneficial ingredients for colour damaged hair include coconut oil, hydrolysed protein, ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol. Limit major humctants if you have porous hair and/ or high dews.

Pills don't substitute for a varied nutrient dense wholefood diet, they are intended to supplement it. The body needs a balance of healthy fats, protein, carbs/ overall calories, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.

HTH.

BeccaAngel
August 22nd, 2013, 02:36 PM
It's not really regardless of the cause, once you identify the cause you can work on the solution. Did you do a full head dye and was that over hair that has previously been dyed? Did you prep with coconut oil and/ or hydrolysed protein for protection? Do you have hard water or swim, have you chelated to remove mineral deposits lately?

You can certainly try clarifying, but if you did a full head permanent dye a few weeks ago the peroxide and alkaline agents in that will have basically clarified your hair, if that did not improve the situation it's less likely to be product build up.

Beneficial ingredients for colour damaged hair include coconut oil, hydrolysed protein, ceramides, 18-MEA and panthenol. Limit major humctants if you have porous hair and/ or high dews.

Pills don't substitute for a varied nutrient dense wholefood diet, they are intended to supplement it. The body needs a balance of healthy fats, protein, carbs/ overall calories, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.

HTH.

I did a root touch up with the hair color, I do not have anything to clarify at the moment but when i can i will get some. I do not currently have any oils of any type, plan to get some soon as well. (just moved to a new place, kind of dont have everything i need at the moment). I've been eating healthier, staying active and taking vitamins.

Mindy
August 22nd, 2013, 04:04 PM
It sounds like you may need less protein and more moisture. I would do some deep treatments and see if it helps. Check the ingredients list on your products for any protein. My hair always feels like that the first couple days after I use henna. I think it causes a bit of protein overload, so I follow up with a clarifying shampoo and SMT.

Firefox7275
August 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
I did a root touch up with the hair color, I do not have anything to clarify at the moment but when i can i will get some. I do not currently have any oils of any type, plan to get some soon as well. (just moved to a new place, kind of dont have everything i need at the moment). I've been eating healthier, staying active and taking vitamins.

New place new water or weather (dew points/ humidity)? Do you have harder water now thank before? If so would be worth chelating.

BeccaAngel
August 22nd, 2013, 04:46 PM
New place new water or weather (dew points/ humidity)? Do you have harder water now thank before? If so would be worth chelating.

I don't know about the water other than it being less hard but it does have a chlorine like smell to it. weather hasnt changed, I only moved an hour south from where I was before. and what is chelating?

WilfredAllen
August 22nd, 2013, 08:59 PM
build up or too much protein, in my experience. Either or; it's pretty much 50:50 lol

sorry, I should clarify: Protein-moisture balance was off, hopefully that makes it easier to understand lol

Leeloo
August 22nd, 2013, 11:06 PM
Maybe it's product buildup and clarifying will make a difference.

BeccaAngel
August 23rd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Ah ok. Just got some olive oil today gonna do a treatment later on. This should help, although I don't having anything to clarify my hair with right now so that going to have to wait. I will see how this treatment goes and tell if there is any changes in a day or two. :)

BeccaAngel
August 23rd, 2013, 02:48 PM
Just had a nice Olive oil treatment, my hair feels better. Going to go back to doing this once a week, hopefully there will be more improvement over time.