PDA

View Full Version : Hair toys in sweden?

TheIronMaiden
August 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Where can I find quality hair toys in Sweden? Hair sticks? Don't even know what they're called in swedish... :( I have one thing that I use right now, but it will get really boring using the same hair toy all the time.

kittenface
August 21st, 2013, 04:13 PM
A lot of people who sell them on the internet ship internationally! But if you want to know if there's someplace to buy them in real life I'm afraid I can't help you - I'd like to know that too!

Isilme
August 21st, 2013, 04:20 PM
Where do you live? If you live in Stockholm or Gothenburg you might find something in stores occasionally. Look for stuff at viking/medieval markets and fairs. You often find nice things at those places. But finding something reliable here is just plain luck, you're better of ordering online.

TheIronMaiden
August 21st, 2013, 04:30 PM
I do live in Lund. I've found out that Åhléns have some hair things, but most of them are too small for my hair, so I had to go for the bigger sizes. I've been thinking of ordering from Ficcare or Sticks and Stones, but I think it's too hard to figure out which size works the best... :confused: kitten face, do you live in Sweden, and if you do, where do you live?

kittenface
August 21st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Oh no, I live in Norway, so we're neighbours :o

TheIronMaiden
August 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
Oh no, I live in Norway, so we're neighbours :o

Haha XD yes!

Ackvelina
August 22nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
I've ordered some really nice hairsticks/forks from http://dreadstuff.com/haraccessoarerharpinnar-c-62_95.html. If you're up to a challenge you can find hairsticks and other hair toys in unexpected places, check thai or wietnamese grocery and nick-nack stores for nice chopsticks (you can actually find real hairpins there too), or raid knitting stores for "fancy" knitting needles. Artist brushes and letter openers can also double as hairpins. Oh, and fabrik flowers, that you can find in most accessory stores, parandis and satin ribbons can do wonders if you want some variations.

Good luck in hunting:)

Skade
August 22nd, 2013, 12:29 PM
Seconding dreadstuff and nick nack stores. I order most of my hair toys online. But I share the desire to find real stores with hair sticks and forks in Sweden. I have searched and not found much but some. Ficcares at Åhlens city. Simple hair sticks at Glitter. Variable hair sticks in an Asian store. And if you ever come to Stockholm, there are some shops in the Old town that have hair toys. Good luck and let us know if you find something.

Misschilly
September 1st, 2013, 08:23 AM
Nice to see there are some Swedish ladies here! (maybe we should meet sometime?=))

I live in Uppsala and buy most stuff on ebay (spinpins) I have chop sticks från eating sushi in my hair, and I've bought forks from a seller on ebay from Australia (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=javecentric&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.Xjavacentric&_nkw=javacentric&_sacat=0). http://www.justhairclips.se/ficcare-maximas-pearlized-harklip-24-html.html this place seems to have ficcares from Malmö=)

sofo
September 1st, 2013, 09:01 AM
Does Åhlens city really have ficcares? I've never seen them there. Always ordered mine from justhairclips.se (just because there is no shipping fee). I'm gonna have to visit Åhlens next week. Justhairclips seems to ship from Denmark though, but its usually fast. Be warned, I ordered a medium and got a large. But I wanted a large but there was none in stock so I was pretty happy. But you might want to mail and ask before you order from them.

Nini
September 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
Sweet, I didn't know about justhairclips.se. Those prices one can live with! Granted the choice of Ficcare was rather limited, but if I keep looking!

For plain hairsticks you can look for colored bamboo knitting sticks, I saw some at Husfliden here in Norway, and they looked quite nice.

PolarCathy
September 1st, 2013, 11:08 AM
Well, I don't even hope to find anything in Norrbotten!

Isilme
September 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
Åhléns doesn't carry Ficcares but they do have clips from Evita Peroni. They do look a lot like Ficcares but their spring isn't as strong as a real Ficcare. But I would think they are the most high end hairtoy you can get in a normal Swedish store. Glitter also has a lot but most of the time it is cheap plastic with seams.

Kizuna
September 1st, 2013, 11:35 AM
Is ficcares as expensive as the clip from Evita Peroni? I was in Åhlens yesterday and notice the price of 250kr.

Siiri
September 1st, 2013, 11:41 AM
Is ficcares as expensive as the clip from Evita Peroni? I was in Åhlens yesterday and notice the price of 250kr.

Ficcares are more expensive, around 35 euros.

sofo
September 2nd, 2013, 01:16 AM
I also checked out the Evita Peroni, and had my Ficcare with me, I would not buy the Evita Peroni one, felt like a toy in comparison. They have some other nice stuff though. But I don't even buy shampoo in regular stores, I order it from uk...

Skade
September 7th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Åhléns doesn't carry Ficcares but they do have clips from Evita Peroni. They do look a lot like Ficcares but their spring isn't as strong as a real Ficcare. But I would think they are the most high end hairtoy you can get in a normal Swedish store. Glitter also has a lot but most of the time it is cheap plastic with seams.

I also checked out the Evita Peroni, and had my Ficcare with me, I would not buy the Evita Peroni one, felt like a toy in comparison. They have some other nice stuff though. But I don't even buy shampoo in regular stores, I order it from uk...

When I said Åhlens had ficcares I was thinking about this kind that I bought at Åhlens. http://www.justhairclips.se/ficcare-maximas-clip-classical-collection-html.html But now when I am reading the replies here, I understand that maybe they are not real ficcares? Sorry for being a bit confused, but why are they named ficcares in that case? :confused:

Skade
September 7th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Ok, I think I just confused myself a bit. The one I bought looked like one in the link, but now I see that the one in the link is not Evita Peroni. So the way I understand it is I bought a hair clip that has a resemblance to ficcares but it is just the ones named ficcares that´s the real deal, right?

Misschilly
September 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Ok, I think I just confused myself a bit. The one I bought looked like one in the link, but now I see that the one in the link is not Evita Peroni. So the way I understand it is I bought a hair clip that has a resemblance to ficcares but it is just the ones named ficcares that´s the real deal, right?

Yeah I think that's right=) I nees to go to Åhlens and see what I think about them..but I think I'm going för the real deal=)

Misschilly
September 10th, 2013, 05:40 AM
today I found fake plastic "ficcares" At kicks/åhlens in brown/black. They also had a 2-fork vid a flower in black plastic.