PDA

View Full Version : Question for hennaheads: Hairdye over henna?

eros
August 21st, 2013, 02:28 PM
Hi! I don't know exactly whether this thread should go in the henna section or main section, but I figured more people go on this section so I'd get more help :)

I henna-ed my hair with pure natural henna about a year ago. My hair is naturally dark brown. I want to dye my hair (at the hairstylists, not box dye) to a dark blonde however or just a lighter shade (my hair is naturally very dark). So I'm going to either highlight it or dye it a lighter brown or a dark blonde. Now the bottom half of my hair is still hennaed (you can barely notice it) but in some lights you do see a more reddish/brownish hue.

I was wondering what effect will dying my hair have over the henna'd part? I'm going for a more dark blondish hue as opposed to red, and because my hair is so dark I'm assuming they will have to bleach my hair first, and then dye it. Will the bottom half of my hair look orange?? Should I wait for the henna to grow out before dying it? (which will take aaages :-(:-() I remember something about henna and chemical hairdying and the bad effects, however I'm pretty sure my henna is 100% natural, so would a chemical hair dye still have bad effects?
Any hennaheads here that have dyed over their henna?