PDA

View Full Version : Bad Hair Dreams

BlondeWavyGal
August 21st, 2013, 01:09 PM
It seems the more you grow your hair, the more protective you become of it.
Last night, I dreamed I was washing my hair when some hairdresser came in to help,
After he had gone I noticed he cut off a good inch of it. :mad: I was so angry. It was very realistic, but when I woke up thankfully all of my hair was still intact, and a bit longer even.
Growing your hair, did you ever dream about it? Ive read so many salon gone bad threads its becoming a fear of mine.

see_turtle
August 21st, 2013, 01:15 PM
I have dreamed that I cut my hair wicked short and was so upset until I woke up. I think about my hair A LOT I attribute it to that.

grungy haze
August 21st, 2013, 01:18 PM
I had a dream, that I was brushing my hair and it turned green and fell out. It was weird. I've also had dreams where I have different colored hair, or longer hair, or my completely virgin hair again. I think I may need stop thinking about my hair so much. Haha.

Coolcombination
August 21st, 2013, 01:24 PM
I had a dream where someone switched my conditioner for hair removal cream and when I woke up after showering and going to bed (in my dream) I sat up and got out of bed leaving all my hair on my pillow like a wig!

kallarina
August 21st, 2013, 07:09 PM
I have dreams where I decided to cut my hair a lot. It's almost classic length, and in my dreams, I usually cut it to around jaw-shoulder length. I'll stand there and stare at it, horrified by what I've done. When I wake up, I grab all my hair, and I'm like, "THANK GOODNESS IT WASN'T REAL". :p
I'm pretty sure it's normal, at least I hope it is, because it happens to me a lot!

Stagecoach
August 21st, 2013, 07:58 PM
I have dreamt several times that I've cut my hair really short...each time I have awoken in a panic feeling frantically for my hair! I figure the day I dream that and am sad it's still there means I am ready to cut.

Squiggy
August 21st, 2013, 08:02 PM
Yes! When my hair was longer I would dream about cutting it and wake up in a panic. Then I actually did cut it and walked out in a panic! Now that I am so focused on growing it out again, the bad dreams have started over. Fortunately, it's always still there in the morning!

cmdinoto
August 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM
I have had many dreams where I have short hair. Most of the time I don't remember cutting it but I regret it and am so upset.

Brileeka
August 21st, 2013, 08:10 PM
I've dreamed that I've cut my hair about half way off with no hesitation and woke up in panic then grabbing my hair to check if it was still there

GabrielleRose
August 21st, 2013, 08:47 PM
I have had bad hair dreams, and I wake up in a panic feeling for my hair.
My most recent one, is that I went to a salon and the employees were too busy for me and my boss (in real life) was a stylist and told me he'd love to work on my hair and that it would turn out beautiful. I remember telling him I wanted to grow my hair out, but even it up. He ended up cutting layers and bangs, it looked wonderful but in the dream I was crying because I didn't want bangs and he felt so sorry for me but I told him it wasn't his fault since I didn't speak up. I woke and felt around, and didn't feel my hair because it was a bun so I freaked out even more, but I was glad there weren't any bangs lol!

Flor
August 22nd, 2013, 01:59 AM
I had a dream recently that I was flat ironing my hair and thinking to myself "Well, it's still ok to do it once in a while, I suppose..." (in reality I haven't touched my flat iron in 6 months) and when I was done and was about to turn it off, I looked at it and realized that it was on the highest temperature setting (again, in reality I've always used it on lowest) and panicking that I must have done unreparable damage to my hair.

jacqueline101
August 22nd, 2013, 02:11 AM
I've dreamed that before.

Mayihuan
August 22nd, 2013, 02:26 AM
I've dreamt that I finally reached waist-length hair, and was doing a little trim and asked my SO to help even it out in the back... and he just chopped the whole thing off, leaving me with a short bob. I can "remember" seeing him with the waist-length ponytail in one hand and the shears in the other, and he looked as baffled as me. ;)
I was so angry with him the next morning!!

In another dream, I've put my hair up in curlers (usually they're velcro curlers, a type I've never tried but that worry me). When the time comes to take out the curlers, I reach up, start unravelling the hair, and wind up with the curler in my hand... and all the hair still nicely wrapped around it, and a hole on my scalp. :rolleyes:

Nellon
August 22nd, 2013, 02:44 AM
Haha, so it's not just me then, dreaming hairmares! Lol

Brattina88
November 2nd, 2013, 07:28 AM
I had my first bad hair dream last night! I was reading on here before I went to bed.... I dreamed I was finding some of these things I was to try from here in a store so I was smelling some things and trying some things. A "natural" hair dressor said my hair was dry and really needed a treatment, so I let her. When she finished I looked I the mirror and my hair was DARK underneath (like low-lights) I reached up to touch my hair and it was very soft, but when I put my hand down the HUGEST handful of hair was still in my hand! It was all of my lighter hair on top, leaving peach fuzz bald spots and DARK hair, like a hair under black. I had the most sickening feeling in my stomach and I screamed. Then I woke up :eek:

martyna_22
November 2nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
I had one of these about a fortnight ago... I went to the hairdresser's to trim, only about half an inch... and I ended up with layered SL hair with side swept bangs. It looked so damaged! So much worse than before the trim. When I woke up I felt terrified but was glad to find my braid long enough ;)

blue_eyes
November 2nd, 2013, 09:56 AM
I just had a hair nightmare last night! I'm currently trying to grow my natural hair out, so in the dream I had thick, waist length hair with only a few inches of virgin roots. I tried to bleach it, and didn't have enough bleach...so some of my hair was yellow blonde, with bright red tips, while the rest was a mucky mess of orange and brown. Then I tried to dye it with some dark brown box dye to hide the mess, but I didn't have enough dye...so only the virgin roots got covered and turned black. It was horrifying...and I was doing all this while there was a party downstairs and everyone was waiting for me. I was so relieved when I woke up!

Inconella
July 11th, 2014, 04:30 PM
Yep,mi have dreams that my hair has all been cut off . . . Sometimes I've asked for it to be cut off and sometimes it's forced on me. Either way, I wake up relieved to find my hair is still all there.

Since I've joined LHC, my hair nightmares have gotten more subtle . . . I'll dream that I'm brushing and keep hearing snaps!

Modarunner
July 12th, 2014, 12:51 AM
I had my first hair dream the other night. I recently went through a major post-partum shed and I've been wearing my hair up a lot so I'm very paranoid about my hair line thinning/receding. I dreamt that I saw an old friend from high school and the first thing she said to me was "wow, your hairline has really receded! You're balding!" I woke up horrified and of course this dream hasn't helped my paranoia.

Johannah
July 12th, 2014, 12:08 PM
I've dreamed my hair was at TBL. Best dream ever, haha.

DaddyLion
July 13th, 2014, 11:11 AM
I hear ya, always havin them. My hair get's cut off and I'm shocked. All the better when I wake up and it's still there though..

Haybop
July 13th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Because it's only really recently that I've started realising I have 'long' hair most of my hair dreams centre around finding out that my having long hair is all a misunderstanding: either I'm wearing a wig or I was just imagining it... or it's just not there :S I guess 20 odd years of short hair is hard to shake in the subconcious :P

AmberJewel
July 14th, 2014, 07:52 AM
I had a horrible dream last night that I cut my hair back to above shoulder length with all these tiny layers all over it. My dream self was freaking out! "I wore it up yesterday, when did I even have time to cut it?!? TWO YEARS DOWN THE DRAIN!!" So relieved to wake up and find it still at hip. :happydance:

GrowingOut
July 14th, 2014, 08:29 AM
I once had one where my mother was chasing after me with scissors, and I didn't know in dream-land if she was going to cut off my hair or kill me. (I think it was both) The moment I woke up, I'd bolted upright screaming, "Help me!", and in my panic, punched my twin sister in the face. :o She was MAD!

Michiru
July 20th, 2014, 01:22 AM
I had dreams that I pulled chucks of my hair out to the point I was half bald. When I wake up I feel my head and feel relieved. I've had this dream many times.

Johannah
July 20th, 2014, 03:43 AM
Tonight I dreamed my hair was extremely thin at the ends and I needed to cut off 10" :(

Sarahlabyrinth
October 28th, 2015, 09:31 AM
Last night I dreamed that I worked for an airline (I used to in real life), and one day they ordered me to get on the flight to London, England, then get the same flight home again, which would be full, then put exploding hair conditioner on my hair and blow the plane to pieces mid flight. (It explodes when it gets water on it).

Exploding hair conditioner - snort....

I got on the flight but didn't use the conditioner and it arrived home safely. I went into hiding for fear that the airline would kill ME for disobeying, and was trying to work out if I could anonymously tell the authorities of the airlines' dastardly plans....

littlestarface
October 28th, 2015, 10:53 AM
your guys' dreams are hilarious :laugh: lmao

i always always dream my hair is this super thick flowing all the time like a fan is always on my face and my hair just swirls around me. then i wake up and be disappointed LOL

Alastríona
October 28th, 2015, 01:06 PM
Oh Sarahlabyrinth you have just the kind of dreams I do lol!

My hair dream (last week?) was that I spilled a really harsh chemical detergent on my hair so I thought 'oh well, I might as well wash it again in the same stuff'.... which I did. Relieved that I didn't have chemically burned off hair in the morning!

TatsuOni
October 31st, 2015, 04:44 AM
When I first began to dye my hair black, I used to have nightmares about waking up blond.... In my dreams I woke up and went to the bathroom, where I saw that my hair was blond and I was terrified. When Waking up for real I used to check my hair to see that it was still black:eye: Haha. A few years later I actually bleached it and then dyed it red. I might start having that nightmare again now that I'm back to black:laugh:

Sweets
November 1st, 2015, 12:50 AM
How funny that this thread was started, I just had my first hair dream in a long, long time.

I'm on antibiotics right now(kindey infection - ouch), and for some reason, Macrobid gives me really vivid dreams. I'm working at growing out my pixie right now, but last night I dreamed that my hair was virgin BSL and beautiful. But my boyfriend likes my short hair - and I dreamed he forced me to have it cut. I was incredibly traumatized at having to start all over again (I've really, really missed my long hair!). I woke up and it was still short, but not pixie short like a few months ago. Very relieved.

Some of y'alls dreams are very funny :D

Amenahh
November 1st, 2015, 03:39 AM
I dreamed that my hair was BSL (which is great, as i'm at shoulder atm), and i dyed it bright red. Then i washed it for the first time, and it came out strawberry blonde, orange and green (in streaks), and so damaged, i couldn't run my fingers through it haha.

astrid92
November 1st, 2015, 08:23 AM
I've had dreams where I've had knee length hair and then someone comes up behind me and cuts it all off! I always wake up terrified and check to see if my hair is still there.

Sarahlabyrinth
November 1st, 2015, 09:51 AM
I had a hair dream last night - my dream was that around 50 of us had a hair meet, it was actually a long hair competition and everyone came on horseback dressed in amazing fantasy costumes, GOT-like. I didn't win but one of the judges asked me if I conditioned my hair every time I washed it, I said that I did. The winner was a gorgeous woman who had had amazing gleaming blonde hair which flowed down her cloak in great ripples almost to the ground even though she was sitting on a horse.....

Inga-Marjukka
November 5th, 2015, 05:01 AM
After making a mini trim and cutting my fringe by myself a couple of weeks ago, I had a dream that I had bangs but otherwise I was bald. I looked pretty badass but I was still horrified in the dream. I also once had a hair dream where my hair was perfect and beautiful and then I woke up and realised that it was still ruined after a colouring gone bad. I cried.

TatsuOni
November 5th, 2015, 11:02 AM
Tonight I dreamt that I passed a mirror and saw that my hair was henna-red again. In my dream I wondered how the indigo could have gotten out before I evev washed it after I dyed it. Haha, I seem to be afraid loosing the black color in my hair:lol:

sweetaj
November 5th, 2015, 12:14 PM
In my early 20's, I had MBL, bottle blonde hair. (And I wasn't curly at the time.) I decided I wanted a perm (yikes), so I made an appointment with my sister-in-law, who was still in beauty school. The night before my appointment, I had a dream about my perm and that it turned out HORRIBLE. I should have taken that as a sign, but I went ahead with the perm. My sil grabbed the wrong perm (not for color treated hair), and my hair was falling off with the curlers within 3 minutes. I ended up with really short frizzy poodle hair, and I've had no luck growing it back out since (I get bored at shoulder length).

tl;dr: Pay attention to your dreams!!