PDA

View Full Version : Question about the CG method?

darkrose
August 21st, 2013, 08:50 AM
Hi,
l really want my hair to be more curly, and after switching to a sulphate free shampoo I've noticed that my curls are more define. However, after seeing a thread on Naturally Curly of before and after pictures on the CG method I've decided to try the CG method because the difference in the curl was amazing.
I have a cleansing conditioner by Loreal ever curl ( sulphate and silicone free) if I use this with the regular conditioner, would this still count as CG? Or should I just use a normal ( and not cleansing) conditioner?

DarkCurls
August 21st, 2013, 09:14 AM
I love that before/after thread on nc.com. Of course they change more than just the washing method. I'm not CG anymore (I tried it for a bit, but stopped), but I still co-wash.
Anyway, what you've described is perfectly fine for CG. CG is basically cutting out sulphates, shampoo, and silicone from your routine, and detangling when wet instead of dry.

Leeloo
August 21st, 2013, 09:35 AM
I think it should work (it is a conditioner).

darkrose
August 22nd, 2013, 03:20 AM
Ok, I'll use it. Thank you! :)

Emanuelle
August 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM
It should work if the cleansing conditioner is not too heavy, otherwise you can't wash your scalp with it without getting it clogged up. A cleansing conditioner should not contain oils and such. It must be very light.

The other conditioner can be as heavy as you like.

I also do the CG method. :)

Firefox7275
August 22nd, 2013, 03:28 AM
Hi,
l really want my hair to be more curly, and after switching to a sulphate free shampoo I've noticed that my curls are more define. However, after seeing a thread on Naturally Curly of before and after pictures on the CG method I've decided to try the CG method because the difference in the curl was amazing.
I have a cleansing conditioner by Loreal ever curl ( sulphate and silicone free) if I use this with the regular conditioner, would this still count as CG? Or should I just use a normal ( and not cleansing) conditioner?

You don't have to conditioner-wash to follow the Curly Girl method, super gentle sulphate free (ideally anionic surfactant free) shampoos are permitted within the book. The Evercurl cleansing conditioner is CG friendly too, not sure what you mean by "the regular conditioner" - ensure that contains no ingredients that can build up (butters, many silicones, some polyquats, petrolatum/ mineral oil, waxes like cetyl esters) because a cleansing conditioner will not remove these.