PDA

View Full Version : A question about hair collor...

Stray_mind
August 21st, 2013, 05:43 AM
Hey everyone, i allways had a problem with determining my natural collor.. Could i get some help with that? I'll post a link to a picture where you can see my natural hair a few years ago..

http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn256/angel_corpse_album/Copyof102_5811.jpg

Olafwa
August 21st, 2013, 05:57 AM
As a dark hair, whenever I would imagine what lighter color I would want, that's the color! It's very pretty. :D I would probably classify that as 'light brown' judging from the picture. You have some beautiful reds and blonds so I can see how you would have a problem. :)

martyna_22
August 21st, 2013, 06:08 AM
I'd say.. welcome to always wondering what your hair color is ;) Some will say dark blonde, others light brown. I'd say our hair color is very similar.

http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/martynaw22/media/P1060739_zps944c7554.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Stray_mind
August 21st, 2013, 06:20 AM
It IS very simmilar! Well, good to know i'm not alone in the fields of wondering..:)

Olafwa
August 21st, 2013, 06:27 AM
Ahh, the dark blond, light brown, dirty blond debate. Read a whole thread about that. Seems everyone has their own opinion, hehe. I would probably pick the one I like or the one I think describes it best and just say that's what it is. Though, I'm always in favor of sticking it to the mainstream society so maybe just invent your own hair color! "My hair is Beige, thank you." ;)

martyna_22
August 21st, 2013, 06:37 AM
Nah, everybody sees it the way it is, that's the truth ;) The most important thing (at least for me) is for it to be healthy and that settles it :)

Leeloo
August 21st, 2013, 11:53 AM
I’d say it’s dark blonde. Very pretty!

vanillabones
August 21st, 2013, 11:56 AM
I have the same color as the hair in the two pictures posted above. I consider it a light brown and everyone I ask also says brown even though to me it is between being a brunette or a blonde, it is kind of frustrating but I love natural hair and will always live with it. It sun bleaches very easily... at least mine does. So a hat in the summer is a necessity for next year.

Buffy
August 21st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Very pretty! Were you a blonde as a child? I'd call it a light brown. But you have that kind of hair color....that everyone will call you something else. Some people will say it's "brown", some will say it is a "very light brown" and some will call it a "dark blonde". I say pick whichever one you like! Hahah!

oatmealpie
August 21st, 2013, 12:32 PM
It's not quite blonde, not quite brunette--you can call it blonette! There's a whole Blonette Pride thread here: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=80416

xoxophelia
August 21st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Yup, classic blonette. Welcome to the pride parade :P

BlondeWavyGal
August 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM
Light ash brown with dark blonde highlights.

Deekers
August 21st, 2013, 01:53 PM
To me it looks like Light Golden Brown in that picture. Though it probably looks different in different lights. It's your hair, you can call it whatever you want =).

Stray_mind
August 22nd, 2013, 12:45 AM
Very pretty! Were you a blonde as a child? I'd call it a light brown. But you have that kind of hair color....that everyone will call you something else. Some people will say it's "brown", some will say it is a "very light brown" and some will call it a "dark blonde". I say pick whichever one you like! Hahah!

I was a couple of shades darker when i was a child and in the sun i could even find some orange-red shaded strands. I guess the sun did it's job trough years, because i never liked hats.. :D

Stray_mind
August 22nd, 2013, 12:47 AM
Yup, classic blonette. Welcome to the pride parade :P

Blonette.... I like that! Though now i henna and am sort of a redhead, but when i'll get back to my natural color, i'll definitely call myself a blonette :)

aksown
August 22nd, 2013, 02:07 AM
Definitely a blonette, also called cindre, tawny and AWESOME!