PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the perfect hooded hair dryer

MagicalMystery
August 20th, 2013, 12:59 PM
Hi everyone,

I have very thick curly hair, and as it gets longer, so does my drying time. I'm tired of leaving the house with wet hair, only to have the wind replace my well formed curls with frizz. I once had the Babyliss Ionic Rollabout dryer, and as much as I liked it, I found it to be very flimsy... The plastic cracked at the rod and I had to toss it. I was thinking to perhaps get a table top one, since it might be sturdier and take up less room, but it would have to be adjustable. I was going to shoot for a knock off Pibbs, but I've been hearing that it has an upward suction, and that would destroy my hair. A hair net would flatten my style too. And so, I'm trying to find a downward airflow hooded dryer that would be deep enough for my rather large head, and one that has a good temperature control on it. I want to save on my morning routine time, because as of now, my haiur takes at least 3 hours to dry, and that's a lot with 2 kids!!

Anyone have suggestions? I'm not limited to table top models, but it has to be sturdy and have a downward airflow so as not to screw up my curl pattern. A soft bonnet is out of the question, because I'll have flat hair.