PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones braids, illustrated.

TheWebsIWeave
August 20th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Hello everyone! Today i stumbled upon this post... :

http://io9.com/learn-to-braid-your-hair-like-the-ladies-of-game-of-thr-1162916738

...That illustrates how to make hairstyles from Game of Thrones. Those are perhaps the easiest ones, but it seems relevant to our interests? Enjoy!

Celtic Queen
August 20th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Lots of good ideas, thanks! (I will need to grow way more to get those to work, but hey.. A girl can dream!)

stinkyfeet
August 20th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Lots of good ideas, thanks! (I will need to grow way more to get those to work, but hey.. A girl can dream!)

Don't feel badly...I'm pretty sure most of the actresses wear wigs :). I think Sansa's hair is real though (except the actress is a natural blonde).

I also have to add that I love game of thrones! I can't wait until it returns next year!!!

Night_Kitten
August 20th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Thanks for sharing :)

henné
August 20th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Nice. For the Daenerys style, I'd have to have at least double the amount of hair I have now :D That actress is definitely wearing a wig ... and so does Cersei and I'd wager Melisandre too ...

But who knows really.

Thanks for the inspiration!!!

motormuffin
August 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM
Oh how fun. I wish I could braid better.

TheIronMaiden
August 20th, 2013, 03:10 PM
The Daenerys braid is one of my favorite half up dos... :rolleyes: It's absolutely stunning, in my opinion.

YamaMaya
August 20th, 2013, 03:15 PM
These all look pretty simple, yet arm tiring :thud:

Mayihuan
August 21st, 2013, 04:31 AM
Nice!! I'll have to try some of these, see if they're ok in finer hair, too! :p

I did read somewhere that there were several tens of wigs on set, for this show. I wonder whose hair is actually their own. :)

Haybop
August 21st, 2013, 04:58 AM
Dear guys who may feel left out... scroll down to the comments and there's a pic of Madmartigan ;) (no, no personal bias there, honest!)

Stray_mind
August 21st, 2013, 06:17 AM
When i grow longer, i'll definitely try them all out. I wanna learn to braid in general, because all i can do now is a side herringbone..

irishlady
August 21st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Hmmm...perhaps I can adapt a few of those for shoulder length hair :hmm:

intrigued
August 21st, 2013, 07:48 AM
Dear guys who may feel left out... scroll down to the comments and there's a pic of Madmartigan ;) (no, no personal bias there, honest!)

Also saw this and thought it was awesome. Time to re-watch that one.

Not quite as many complex/interesting braided hairstyles in the show for men. There's plenty of hair inspiration all throughout, including strategic braiding, it's just not as difficult to figure out on your own, and of course the audience for that article would be much smaller.

Celtic Queen
August 21st, 2013, 02:09 PM
Yeah, the actresses who play Cersei and Danaerys do wear wigs, but I think remembering that the actress who plays Sansa has her hair died very gently (since she's still underage), and they do use her hair. Though for some styles like her crown-like, it smells like extensions to me.

BlondeWavyGal
August 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM
Gorgeous. Im going to do all of them once I reach BSL.

clioariane
August 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM
I stole this for my GoT beauty blog ;)

Yeah Cersei, Dany and Melisandre all wear $7000 wigs!

Sharysa
August 21st, 2013, 08:42 PM
I did a lazy version of Dany's half-ups today! The only problem is that it ended up dark in the theater, so I don't think anyone saw it. :( Also, no wonder Dany needs handmaidens. I had to get my sister to help, and I was just doing PLAIN braids instead of Dutch.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b124/CrossoverQueen/Photos/Hairstyles/aug212013danybraids_zps9b323ce0.jpg

Celtic Queen
August 22nd, 2013, 02:09 AM
Wow, Sharysa, good work!

Haybop
August 22nd, 2013, 05:59 AM
I was stuck in work and decided to do a poor attempt and the Sansa braid thing but then stopped when it was still two braids because a) my hair isn't long enough and b) my arms were hurting already (I'm so weak at this braiding malarkey). It's a sorry attempt but passed some time :)

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p276/Lanky_Blip/Snapshot_20130822_4_zps221921b1.jpg?t=1377086209

roboeyes
September 5th, 2013, 10:58 AM
Thanks for sharing! We'll see if I can actually do any of these, but Game of Thrones ladies are my hair idols!