PDA

View Full Version : What does healthy hair feel like to you?

sarahthegemini
August 15th, 2013, 02:33 PM
Just curious what does moisturised hair in good condition feel like to you? The way my hair feels atm, it's never felt like this before. It feels soft and smooth but there's something else, it actually feels conditioned and healthy I guess is the best way to describe it. It's hard to get used too :) I keep looking at/feeling my hair because I keep expecting it to look limp (it doesn't) I used to think moisturised/conditioned feeling hair = hair that needs a good wash.

LadyCelestina
August 15th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Soft,with no obvious tangly and rough spots...

Firefox7275
August 15th, 2013, 03:01 PM
That depends on the hair type, coarse curly hair will feel different to fine straight hair: mine feels soft, silky with no velcro ends. But I am as concerned with how it looks and behaves, since I don't often see or feel it without any products on (except when wet). Being curly there is always some element of 'tangling' but as long as they fall out quite easily when washing I am not concerned.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your 'new' hair!

leslissocool
August 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM
thick, thick strands. I took a picture of one, you can see how thick it was!

SoftCurlyHair
August 15th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Like balls of cotton made with silk fibers.:cloud9:

chen bao jun
August 15th, 2013, 06:29 PM
no velcro ends; curls that go sproing and clump nicely instead of frizzy. A certain softness--I can't describe it exactly, its not silkiness exactly, but there's a smoothness. the dry rough feeling that I used to think was part of my hair texture is all gone.

RavenBaby
August 15th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Smooth, slippery , tangle free, no frizz or coarse feel. The first few inches of my hair are like that mostly because its virgin hair i think.

ravenreed
August 15th, 2013, 06:45 PM
Not so tangly (my hair will always be prone to tangles but some days it has a mind of its own), with a bit of slip, soft to the touch, and shine.

luxepiggy
August 15th, 2013, 07:03 PM
Like a piece of silk charmeuse - soft, slippery, smooth strands that run easily through my fingers with no tangles or snags.

Sharysa
August 15th, 2013, 08:04 PM
My hair is black, thick, wavy, and coarse. Whenever it's healthy, it's supple with wave definition and it moves well. It's not frizzy, doesn't make too much noise, and it's not limp or flat.

spirals
August 16th, 2013, 12:16 AM
I can feel the moisture in it. After it's washed and has air-dried, it feels dry, but I can feel a certain coolness that indicates moisture.

SoftCurlyHair
August 16th, 2013, 12:53 AM
I can feel the moisture in it. After it's washed and has air-dried, it feels dry, but I can feel a certain coolness that indicates moisture.

Apropos description of healthy, freshly washed, air dried hair.

BlazingHeart
August 16th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Slick, but not smooth - my hairs still have some texture to them. A bit like high-quality, relatively thick silk threads.

sarahthegemini
August 16th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Thanks guys, these responses are really interesting to read.

This! This is how I would describe my hair :) The 'coolness that indicates moisture' is often what I confused with greasiness til I looked in the mirror and saw no grease!

Simone_Fatale
August 16th, 2013, 06:49 AM
My hairs feels heaviest when healthy. Like, I can really feel its weight, but not in a limpy kind of way - it's just thick and it shows. Also smooth, and it doesn't tangle when I move my fingers through it, so they can move smoothly through it. Shiny, shiny, supershiny too! :)

sofo
August 16th, 2013, 08:11 AM
Bouncy, cool, smooth.

loveisdivine
August 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
The top half of my hair feels silky and soft and smooth. The bottom half just feels rough. Its nice though to see how much better the new growth is.

jacqueline101
August 16th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Like a piece of silk charmeuse - soft, slippery, smooth strands that run easily through my fingers with no tangles or snags.

I agree with luxe piggy and shines like a diamond. Easy to work with.

nobeltonya
August 16th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Not fried or dead looking.. well-groomed. Shiny, generally soft/smooth (although coarse hair like mine feels kind of rough..). Just natural. Bouncy, flows.. :) :disco:

BreeTheBoss
August 16th, 2013, 07:17 PM
Healthy hair feels like strong, smooth, silky, shiny thick hair to me. I have a hard time with breakage so thats what Im working on the most ATM.

Silver Sister
August 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Moisturized hair feels like satin to the touch. Thank you LHC for teaching me about coconut oil.

Adelynd
August 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Smooth! And the ends don't crunch when I squish them between my fingers. Oddly, I kind of like that sound and will miss it when the last remaining bit of pre-LHC hair is finally cut off. My shorter layers without any damage just don't sound the same, even when in need of some coconut oil. Weird, I know.