PDA

View Full Version : Headband recommendations?

RedNymph
August 15th, 2013, 03:38 AM
Hey everyone. This might seem like an odd topic but I'm wondering if you girlys have any headband recommendations. I'm growing out my hair but my fringe is annoying as heck and constantly gets in my face. I don't like bobby pins because they are such a hassle to maintain for my hair. I don't want to wear a metal or plastic headband because it always ends up irritating my scalp with its tight grip.

I've searched around in stores and only find metal or plastic headbands. Do you guys have any recommendations for headbands (or alternatives) that are somewhat stylish but can wear everyday?

Nini
August 15th, 2013, 05:39 AM
Bandannas and buff's are very handy. If you've got the headshape for it any scarf/silk scarf/strand of cloth will do, although I personally can't do it since it just slides off my head unless I tie it across my eyebrows;)

RedNymph
August 15th, 2013, 06:03 AM
Bandannas and buff's are very handy. If you've got the headshape for it any scarf/silk scarf/strand of cloth will do, although I personally can't do it since it just slides off my head unless I tie it across my eyebrows;)

Thank you:) I never thought of that:)

Surinecet
August 15th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I have short front layers that won't quite tuck behind the ear and get greasy when I stretch washes beyond day 2. So, headbands are my friend! Yet, I can't wear regular ones because they are too tight behind my ear and give me a headache. My absolute favorite is actually a recommendation I found on LHC: kerchief or headscarf headbands. Here are a couple of Etsy shops that have them: danielleloporto (http://www.etsy.com/shop/danielleloporto) and Specifically Random (http://www.etsy.com/shop/SpecificallyRandom?ref=pr_faveshops). They are also super easy to make, I usually like to make them out of a silky fabric to minimize and friction damage to the hair. Just search online for "headscarf headband pattern" and there's a bunch of free patterns out there.