PDA

View Full Version : Cantharidine oil - experiences?

Anne10
August 14th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Have you tried it? How did you use it?

Leeloo
August 14th, 2013, 11:26 PM
I have not tried it, but it looked so interesting that I had to look it up. I cannot find full ingredients list for this oil, just the "main ingredients". All the reviews seem to be good ones though.

sakuraemily
August 15th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Can one of you link the other reviews here please?

If we are talking about the same oil then here in India it is very popular in West bengal. Here's a link to a review on a top Indian beauty blog:
http://makeupandbeauty.com/cantharidine-hair-oil-review/

PetuniaBlossom
August 15th, 2013, 06:30 AM
The main ingredient seems to be "liquid paraffin" which is, I believe, highly refined mineral oil for cosmetic use (checked Wikipedia.)
So it might be interesting to see if one can get the same results with regular baby/mineral oil.
I do use baby oil on my ends right after washing, to seal in moisture. If I'm oiling my hair at other times, e.g. overnight, I'll generally use coconut oil, as it is more readily absorbed into the hair shaft.

Anne10
August 15th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Oh, that wouldn't work for me. My body reacts badly to petroleum by-products. I've been trying to find 100% pure cantharidine oil online but I haven't found any, does anyone know why? I did find 99% cantharidin (without the e) powder. I wonder if you could just mix that with another oil (almond, EVOO, etc.)?