PDA

View Full Version : awesome hairdresser!!

kelly20364
August 14th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I just love my hairdresser! I went in for my twice yearly trim this week, but was actually thinking of cancelling because my hair is in such good condition with a rare split. I oiled heavily with coconut oil that morning before my appointment and warned the girl washing my hair of what it was :) She thought it was awesome and commented on how good coconut oil is for hair. (She did kind of rub my ends together with the shampoo, but I just told myself it was just 1 wash and I could get through it! When I had short hair and was ignorant to how to properly care for my hair, I loved going to the salon and thought getting my hair washed by someone else was soooo relaxing!! Not anymore! LOL!) She did give a good scalp massage however! My hairdresser commented on how long my hair had gotten and asked what I wanted to do. I told her I just wanted it trimmed. She used her fingers and held up about an inch of my hair on the ends and asked if that was ok or if I wanted her to trim less. Of course I asked for less and told her I only wanted a micro-trim. She immediately knew what I meant and said that she called it a DUSTING!!!! I was surprised that she had even heard of that term. She said that's what she asks for when one of her friends cuts her hair. (She's a long hair as well...although she does color and heatstyle her own hair) After she was finished cutting, she asked if I just wanted to wear it out wet or if I wanted it blowdried because she knows I do not use heat on my hair!!! I love this woman!! She does such a great job and my hair has the perfect U-shape hemline :) http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b482/Kelly_Johnson_Clements/hairgoal_zpsed000f59.jpg (http://s1288.photobucket.com/user/Kelly_Johnson_Clements/media/hairgoal_zpsed000f59.jpg.html)1st pic is my hair goal and 2nd pic is my current hair! I'm pretty close! :)

Coolcombination
August 14th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Wow I thought the first picture was a picture of your hair just in different lighting!

AnnaB
August 14th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Wow I thought the first picture was a picture of your hair just in different lighting!

yes me too!!

Its good that you have a great hairdresser who you can trust :) your hair is very pretty :)

Lady Mary
August 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Such beautiful hair! Glad you had a good experience.

Sadie
August 14th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Wow look at that hemline! Your hair is truly gorgeous! :o

Dandelion6
August 14th, 2013, 03:29 PM
When I had short hair and was ignorant to how to properly care for my hair, I loved going to the salon and thought getting my hair washed by someone else was soooo relaxing!! Not anymore! LOL!)

Same here! This is an awesome dusting on your u hemline. I'll be having the same done to mine next week with my stylist.

spidermom
August 14th, 2013, 03:34 PM
Woo-Hoo! I love hearing an awesome hairdresser story. Mine is awesome too.

sarahthegemini
August 14th, 2013, 06:37 PM
Wooo, glad you had a good experience. I can't see a massive difference between pic 1 and pic 2 which must be a good sign if picture 1 is ur goal!

jacqueline101
August 14th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I'm glad you love your hair dresser.

Leeloo
August 14th, 2013, 11:46 PM
Congrats on finding a great hairdresser. I wonder if looking for one with long hair would be the key to finding one that's understanding to long hair goals. :ponder:

Bagginslover
August 15th, 2013, 04:23 AM
What a great story, Definitely a keeper!

If thats your goal, I think you hit it! The goal hair just looks to have been straightened to get it so uniform, or else blowdried pulled taught, and brushed out. If you oiled your lengthnand let it soak in (for additional shine), and brushed it through (I don't know if you use a brush of course) I think we'd struggle to tell the difference ;)