PDA

View Full Version : Hair straightening technique using milk that really doesn't deliver...

10000days
August 13th, 2013, 01:28 AM
It's an appealing idea but then you realise it's not the milk that does the straightening at all...

http://www.wikihow.com/Create-Non-Frizzy,-Straight-Hair-(Milk-Method)

KittyBird
August 13th, 2013, 02:03 AM
Why even add milk? She uses a clarifying shampoo afterwards, so it seems pretty pointless. That tutorial must be a joke :p

LadyCelestina
August 13th, 2013, 02:40 AM
Want straight, non-frizzy hair? A really simple solution is to add some milk to your usual hair-care routine and you'll be amazed at the reduction in frizziness for a quarter of the price of an anti-frizz serum!

The title might be a bit misleading,but the text is ok.

lapushka
August 13th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Wonder how long that will stay smelling fresh?

Flor
August 13th, 2013, 04:41 AM
Whoa. So straightening shampoo, blow dry with round brush, serum for the frizz, iron it straight, hairspray. Say what, was there milk involved somewhere too?

10000days
August 13th, 2013, 05:07 AM
Lol exactly.

YamaMaya
August 13th, 2013, 05:27 AM
:rollin: Milk method? They must be joking, adding all that heat and serum and saying it's a method using milk that could save you money. There are so many hair sins in this tutorial I can't even take it seriously.

PrincessIdril
August 13th, 2013, 06:42 AM
o_0
Best bit is in the "warnings" section at the bottom:
"Don't wash your hair everyday cause then it takes out your natural oils." & "Don't add to much products."

Pretty sure using a clarifying shampoo as suggested will strip off hair oils and don't add too many products? After they tell you to use serum, hairspray and other product?

sarahthegemini
August 13th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Hahaha! That is unbelievable. Is it serious?!

Kaelee
August 13th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Whoa. So straightening shampoo, blow dry with round brush, serum for the frizz, iron it straight, hairspray. Say what, was there milk involved somewhere too?

:misskim:

I know right? What was the point of that? :lol:

chen bao jun
August 13th, 2013, 01:30 PM
There is supposed to be a legit way to loosen your curl texture using yoghurt but I've never tried it, afraid of the smell.
I think the point to some of these is not to make it so that you don't have to straighten your hair with heat but to make it looser so that the heat straightening is easier.
Its for people like me who want to straighten their hair (which I don't anymore) and it takes hours and hours, and they just want to spend less time.

Wavelength
August 13th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Here's a crazy idea, maybe she has frizz because of the blow dryer, flat iron, hairspray... :P

The phrase "pouring gasoline on a fire" comes to mind.

I think it'll take more than milk to save her hair. Does she style it with cookies later?

My favourite part is the ingredients list, which mentions ONLY the milk. And not the clarifying shampoo, hair serum, etc...

jacqueline101
August 13th, 2013, 02:22 PM
That sounds sick like you'd have foul smelling hair.